Who has a shorter "shelf life" in music?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Christina Aguilera has been in the recording industry for 15 years, so far. I know she's probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I am a huge fan of hers.

It seems the easiest method to maintain longevity in the recording industry is to die before you're 30. It helps if it's due to heroin, but alcohol generally works just as well. Sometimes you can just shoot yourself, but that tends to invite conspiracy theories involving Courtney Love and nobody really wants that going on for years.

After that your album sales will continue to double or triple, and everyone won't shut up about what a misunderstood genius you were.

Yeah, you won't be around to spend the money but every good business strategy has to have at least one nagging flaw.

I don't believe that.

Look at Joni Mitchell and Paul McCartney. Both in their 60's, and still are releasing albums to critical acclaim.

Music is no longer what it once was, for the most part. So unless you're part of a band, like U2 or Iron Maiden, you don't see longevity.

Latest posts

Back