Who here suffers from social phobia?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) Haven't gotten the psych workup thing done yet, but I would imagine some degree. I remain mostly calm, if silent and invisible, during situations that involve new people, but inside my head I go crazy.

2) I'm like Emmy--I am so starved of social contact that even the slightest smile or hello gets my hopes up. I tend to read into people's casual encounters with me too much, not being able to differentiate between mere politeness and genuine interest. And then, when I realize I am not as important to the other person as they are to me, I shut myself off to avoid further humiliation.

3) I have a honeysuckle time making friends and the ones that do stick don't stick for very long. Relationships? None so far.

4) Talk.

5) Someone I know. From my perspective, she's got the whole package: fun and good personality, liked by everyone, loving boyfriend, supportive family, pretty. A great life with just the right amount of drama to keep it interesting. Although, if I could be her for a day and then had to go back to being me, I'm not sure I could take that.

I don't think I have social phobia, since I have no problem being with people, even though I barely talk. I do think I have avoidant personality disorder, I avoid a lot of social interaction, even on the internet.

It affects me in a lot of ways since it keeps me from doing a lot of things related to dealing with people, like going to the bank, talking on the phone and calling technical services, I always try to find a way to not have to deal with people face to face, like using email instead of calling, working over the net/computer, etc.

I have absolutely no social life and my income is really low. I'm still living with my family, have no friends, and I can't take up any hobbies because I feel awkward doing ANYTHING that involves interacting with people. I also have extreme low self confident, and some other things.

I have social anxiety and phobia yes. I'm so worried about meeting people that it's actually progressed to Avoidant Personality Disorder. I avoid all forms of social contact if I can. Shame. I really need to learn how to do small talk. I never know what to do or say and just avoid contact in case I look stupid or something.

Someone else for the day? Jack Sparrow, lol

I get panic attack when I'm in big crowds of ppl so lat xmas shopping is something I avoid. Generally I'm not shy but for some reason big crowds freaks me out litturally. My geuss it is some kind of an axioty. At tbe age of 13 I won a price in art but I fainted on stage due to my anxiaty issuse. Guess that count as a phobia.

I can't stand to face the crowd, i'm afraid to hear negative feedback about me. It started when i was on high school.

Latest posts

Back