Who watches Anime (Japanese anime)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sinlaw

Since i have nobody to talk about anime, i was wondering how many of you watches it?

It d be fun to be able to converse with each other and be able to talk about anything related to it...If anyone doesn't know what is anime i d be glad to explain(i ll try my best:D)(well...the thread pretty much tells you what it is...)

well ive watched a few anime and enjoyed very few unfortunetly. I was really into Evangelion, both in story and was quite pleased at how they stopped with 13 episodes and a end movie (i hate movies/seris that get screwed up with expansions to it, examples would be the matrix, jurassic park, speed, shrek).

Im currently watching Naruto and on and off with "full metal alchemist"

Watched Evangelion, really liked it but the ending of the movie...pretty weird. Didn t really understood the ending. They did 26 episode if i remember
correctly. Plus I think they are doing two other movies.One that retells the main story.The second one continues where the movie left off.

I never hated a main character as much as Shinji Hikari.

I really miss full metal alchemist,really was good.

(Speed and jurassic park, but the matrix kinda liked it)

I used to watch a lot of anime, but i didn't have time anymore. Now i actually do, and maybe is should continue watching..
Kimi ga nozumo eien is probably the best that i've seen. Full Metal Panic and Scrapped Princess were good also..
I still listen to Jpop alot, but thats offtopic :)

I also listen to j-pop, but i guess that comes from watching anime.
Kimi ga nozumo eien really was incredible, really realistic. Just the ending bothered me...it s just wasn't right.By the end of the show I was in tears.

In case you didnt know the seris ended at 25, then movie then episode 26.

The reason is the movie pissed off allot of hardcore fans who i read sent the author of evangelion death threats (ironically for killing off all the characters except asuka and shinji). This got him so concerned about his own life that he created a half assed episode 26 which was poorly written AND ended with the entire evangelion movie "all in his head." I guess it satisifed the hardcore fans who wanted to see an expanded evangelion univerise story but for more... mentally stable people the world ended and that was that, which is why i think evangelion was so good, it was a good story and in the end everyone died so they cant make some crappy spin off in a couple years, it will become a legend!

Honestly i think more people should follow his lead, Althoguht you might disagree matrix 2 and 3 i thought were utter failures. If it ended at 1, (without the superman flying at the end) it would be in my eyes one of the best movies of all time. 2 and 3 kinda tainted it in my eyes as well as crappy spin offs like "animatrix" matrix games. Jurassic park you cannot tell me was better with 2 and 3, if it ended at 1 it would be better off.

The eva movies was good, asuka scene was my fav, but the movie ended more in a cliffhanger than anything else.The death thread was a pretty shitty thing, but with hardcore fan if they not happy they piss off everyone.

Didn't watch all of the "psychology" episode(it was a really boring), would hardly call it an episode.

The first matrix was the best, even if the two other didn't was better i think they followed well the story and developed the character better.
The game sucked, didn't waste my time with the animatrix.(Since the movie did well might as well milk more money.)

Then you won't like this,they are about to do Jurassic Park 4.

why am i not surprised? I heard they were in talks about making a live action evangelion, good luck on that, i think it would be extremely hard to do, espically do a character for rei since she's a very unique character same for showing all the angels- in a 2-3 hour movie.. Eh they would screw it up so badly. They better not screw up real classic things, jurassic park 4 better not be a remake of Dinoriders, that stuff rocked.

It s pretty much impossible too do a eva movie...but they did a transformer live-action and it went pretty well...so we can only hope.

I finished the death note manga,which i hated the ending...The love hina tv show wasn t better than manga.

For rozen maiden all i can say is...~SUIGINTOU FOREVER~

I'm sure a live-action movie for Evangelion could be done fairly well. It would be hard to find the right actors and actress's though.

But I'm surprised no one has mentioned Berserk? Berserk is on par with Evangelion, in my opinion.

LoL i watched "common" animes.....like Bleach, Naruto but there were a few lame animes like Aria the animation...

I like it alot, but i'm really picky...

A suggestion for anyone else that is lonely..
This 13 episode anime is easy to relate to. It made me cry more than once, and get that feeling you get when you can deeply relate to something.

The name of it is: "Elfen Lied"

It's only 35 dollars at best buy, if i can remember that right...
or you can simply torrent it.

If anyone decides to watch it, PM me and tell me what you think..
i like showing people cool stuff..

I'm a fan. I don't watch regularly (or anything, for that matter), but I've been thoroughly impressed by a great deal of Anime. I LOVED Hellsing. Cowboy Bebop is awesome. Berserk was cool. Samurai X was the bomb.

I don't watch regular series of anime, BUT

I LOVED 'Spirited Away' and would love to watch this new anime film called 'Paprika'...has anyone seen it?

jjam said:
I'm a fan. I don't watch regularly (or anything, for that matter), but I've been thoroughly impressed by a great deal of Anime. I LOVED Hellsing. Cowboy Bebop is awesome. Berserk was cool. Samurai X was the bomb.

Woot! A Cowboy Bebop fan! It is my favorite anime series, and I honestly believe that it has the BEST anime soundtrack ever made (though, I am slightly biased, as I whole-heartedly love jazz).

Paranoia Agent is also one of my favorites. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anyone who shares my enthusiasm for the series.

I do. :)

NGE forever... and ever... and ever. NGE is insurpassable. NGE is to anime what Chuck Norris is to humanity. ;)

Elfen Lied is awesome too. And Lain. Currently I like Claymore and Lucky Star... haven't seen Deathnote, but I liked the manga, didn't read all of it though...

There are also lots more that I like, I like most anime unless it's total crap. ;)

I hated Rozen Maiden because of the way that doll-person (forgot her name) was treating the boy... it's totally unfair, it made me sick... I only saw 2 episodes and didn't bother anymore.

RogueTomato said:
Woot! A Cowboy Bebop fan!

*looks at your icon*
I've also been a gaming fanatic for **** near all of my life. :D
I was never a huge fan of DQ, but I recognize that character. That Dragon Quest Swords for Wii looks cool. It's like Punchout meets DQ or something. That's one I plan to at least rent.

jjam said:
RogueTomato said:
Woot! A Cowboy Bebop fan!

*looks at your icon*
I've also been a gaming fanatic for **** near all of my life. :D
I was never a huge fan of DQ, but I recognize that character. That Dragon Quest Swords for Wii looks cool. It's like Punchout meets DQ or something. That's one I plan to at least rent.

I've been a gamer for most of my life as well. I've only played DQ 4 and 7, and they definitely cannot compare to anything the Final Fantasy series has to offer - but that slime is just too **** cute to resist.

Dragon Quest Swords does look interesting. Unfortunately, I sold my Wii after I beat Zelda: TP, so I won't be able to play it any time soon. You'll have to tell me whether it's good or not :)

Latest posts

Back