Who watches Anime (Japanese anime)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watch a lot of anime.

I'm currently watching Bleach and Darker than Black, both of which I'd recommend (minus the Bleach fillers of course) and I'm also keeping up with the Bleach manga which is great (the only manga that's managed to keep me reading it so far). I also just finished the Street Fighter movies (SF2: the movie and SFAlpha: the movie) and both were excellent, a must for any street fighter fan imo.

Series I've completed (off the top of my head):

Elfen Lied (amazing.)
Hellsing
Koi Kaze (you could discuss that one forever)
Gunslinger Girl (recommended)
Death Note (also amazing)
Basilisk (recommended)
Gungrave (also amazing)

Those are the only ones I can think of right now... people keep telling me that Cowboy bebop is great but I've never been a huge fan of space based animes. I still will probably watch it eventually.

I watched one episode of KGNE but it just felt so exaggerated. However, I've read that that anime is usually more well received by people who have been in serious relationships before (love or whatever) than those who haven't. Don't know if theres any truth to that but I wasn't really feeling it.

tl;dr : I like anime and would enjoy discussing it with anyone.

Hi angry loner!

You also watched Elfen Lied? I think it's three in the forum now, you, me, and Mimizu... I also think it's amazing, but a bit too graphical... I've been watching it all day, I'm now on episode 10... :)

Eyael said:
Hi angry loner!

You also watched Elfen Lied? I think it's three in the forum now, you, me, and Mimizu... I also think it's amazing, but a bit too graphical... I've been watching it all day, I'm now on episode 10... :)

I personally love anime that doesn't hold back (i.e. doesn't sugar coat things). It makes me think more along the lines of "if that character existed, that's probably how I imagine he/she would have have handled that situation". At least that's how I see it. Feels more realistic.

and as far as Elfen Lied goes I won't comment more on it till you're finished it.

:D That's a great gesture! Thank you! I'm now on episode 11, and so far, I'm really liking it. This is the birth of an anime fan :D

People, you all should try claymore...another nice anime..but though there is up to 20 episodes now i think.

Ok, just watched the ending of Elfen Lied... Just loved it, amazing... Sad, but It wouldn't be a great anime any other way... :(

I think one of the most impacting anime's is "Neon Genisis Evangelion".. it's a robotic anime.. but it's mostly about the main character whose this.. loner due to a bad past and experiences and always tries to seek acceptance from his father who abandoned him when he was younger... there are like 25 episodes and 3 movies.. but during the series the characters really develop and they actually ..have character to them

JPSK said:
I think one of the most impacting anime's is "Neon Genisis Evangelion".. it's a robotic anime.. but it's mostly about the main character whose this.. loner due to a bad past and experiences and always tries to seek acceptance from his father who abandoned him when he was younger... there are like 25 episodes and 3 movies.. but during the series the characters really develop and they actually ..have character to them

Sounds like it's worth looking into. I love character animes (if I believe them that is... but that's another issue) I also just checked out Ikki Tousen and all I can say "holy fan service batman". I watched 1 episode and just couldn't stand it. and thank god the Bleach fillers are finally over...

Azure said:
A suggestion for anyone else that is lonely..
This 13 episode anime is easy to relate to. It made me cry more than once, and get that feeling you get when you can deeply relate to something.

The name of it is: "Elfen Lied"

It's only 35 dollars at best buy, if i can remember that right...
or you can simply torrent it.

If anyone decides to watch it, PM me and tell me what you think..
i like showing people cool stuff..

You guys must not have seen this post on page 2 xP..

I love Elfen Lied, also : P So that makes 4..

to keep this thread going:

What do you guys prefer, Subs or Dubs?

I personally can't stand dubs... none of the english voices ever sound fitting and I also feel that english voices make the show feel a bit silly almost...

The japanese take their anime way more seriously then westerners do and I feel that their voice acting is usually far better. Plus I enjoy the way the japanese language sounds, it's one of my favorite languages (i'll learn it some day when I'm not so lazy :p). Certainly more interesting to me than plain old English.

On the flip side, I can see how some people might be put off by having to read while watching... but it's never really bothered me for some reason.

What do you guys think?

I agree with you, AngryLoner, Subs are better... I prefer reading subs in english, french, or portuguese, anything but dubs! :p I also think that japanese is a cool language. :)

From my guess subs are better, since it s the "original" and the voice actors seems to really go well with the character they are doing.

I like dub...but the it really has to be really incredible for me to watch it.

Count me too I love Elfen Lied:D

Hmm, the story I liked it, original and a lot of surprises.But what I liked best would have to be Lucy.Cute but deadly, plus i could understand what she was going throught...( without the murders, the hands and the multiple personality) I guess i was able to relate to her.

Amazing... That's what I feel too. I actually don't blame her, in her position I would have done the same. Lucy wanted to be good, she wouldn't have harmed anyone if not provoqued...

I just wish they didn t leave it open-ended like that...But i ve read somewhere that she survives at the end and goes back to like with that guy...(forgot the name)

Kota? Yes, I heard about that too... A shame it's such a short anime, but at least it's really deep about everything; characters, morale, attitudes... *sigh* Could talk about it for weeks non-stop :shy:

Don't forget to watch the OVA (aka episode 10.5), it reveals some more back story on Lucy and that other girl (the abused one, I can't remember her name, it's been a while). A good watch.

AngryLoner said:
Don't forget to watch the OVA (aka episode 10.5), it reveals some more back story on Lucy and that other girl (the abused one, I can't remember her name, it's been a while). A good watch.

I think her name was Nana, i wanted to watch it but i don t like watching prequels. Knowing the ending pretty much brings me down.

I didn't know there was an Elfen Lied OVA. Will have to see that. :-o
This thread reminded me of NGE again. But something every day reminds me of it, as I observe humans and what they do to each other. It's like the roman proverb: "all roads lead to Neon Genesis Evangelion". :)

Latest posts

Back