Who watches Anime (Japanese anime)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if your still looking heres a link for D-Gray Man heres a couple links anime6.org and anime tube they have other good animes too. i recommend Devil May Cry but im a fan of the video game so im probably bias and ouran high school host club thats a really funny one in my opinion

I couldn't find this thread :/ thought it vanished into the abyss...

I got bored and picked up two titles...

Kaena
The Prophesy (La Prophétie)

It's computer animation... its made by a company in quebec canada. the story was interesting, but sort of confusing, like there was a bigger story to it all but it got compressed into a short movie... I think this would've done better as a series or something, and I wish I knew more about this alien race that crashes their ship and makes the world and humans in the movie... It was worth the watch but left me wanting more... plus the character animation was older...2003... so not as realistic as some of the stuff they got out today.

And the complete collection of Karas: The Prophecy and The Revelation.
No idea what they are but the story sounds cool and from the clips on the box look like some sweet animation... anyway I'm gonna go spend the next couple hours hopefully enjoying the shows :D

Ok... guilty pleasure.
I was a DragonBall Z kid...
But recently I watch InuYasha...
And I have in the past camped out in the manga section of the bookstore for hours, but never in my town or even my state for that matter. And not when anyone I knew was around, obviously.
I'm sort of an in the closet anime fan... so don't tell anyone, ok?

Qui said:
Ok... guilty pleasure.
I was a DragonBall Z kid...
But recently I watch InuYasha...
And I have in the past camped out in the manga section of the bookstore for hours, but never in my town or even my state for that matter. And not when anyone I knew was around, obviously.
I'm sort of an in the closet anime fan... so don't tell anyone, ok?

Yea I'm a closet anime fan too, nobody knows that I watch anime except my roommate who I turned into a closet anime fan too:D. Even though I just started a couple months back so far I've watched FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, a little Rurouni Kenshin and right now I'm into Death Note which is amazingly good so far and Bleach, which is a guilty pleasure:D

I watch Dubs because I can never read all the words during scenes of intense arguments and stuff,lol, call me lazy I guess but I dislike rewinding. Anime is great it's just hard to "acquire" it, especially in any decent quality, and I'm poor so I can't afford buying it so yea...

Karas was awesome!!! Definitely recommend it to anyone.
It had a good storyline, some amazing graphics, and some amazing graphics!

of course man

my favorites are bleach, blood+ and ergo proxy cause rea looks almost identical to Amy Lee

i also like naruto, red garden and reading the deathnote manga

XD

I obsese over Inuyasha actually, but I've only watched it up to like episode 80 something I wanna say, and I know theres like well over 100 epsodes, wouldn't surprise me if there were like 300 lol.

I saw Inuyasha a year ago... I thought it was just a stand-alone movie... what I saw was enthralling... I couldn't stop watching it till it was over... it was long, and on in the middle of the night, but the story was great... it was Inuyasha The Movie 1: Affections Touching Across Time (took me a year to find out that title)... did I mention Karas is awesome!!! I'm trying to acquire Inuyasha now... stupid stores don't have it. Only one friend and my niece have any knowledge of my anime appreciation :p

I tried watching Deathnote, but that guy (dunno if he is the main character or not... he seems to be from what I've seen in the manga) is a ***** snob. =_= He annoys me.

Currently watching Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori. Anata no urami harashimasu... It shows a deep insight into human nature... especially the unpleasant parts of it. The characters are very realistic, you can regognise the people around you, and even yourself. Also the ending[/quote] song is awesome. :)

mimizu said:
I tried watching Deathnote, but that guy (dunno if he is the main character or not... he seems to be from what I've seen in the manga) is a ***** snob. =_= He annoys me.

Currently watching Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori. Anata no urami harashimasu... It shows a deep insight into human nature... especially the unpleasant parts of it. The characters are very realistic, you can regognise the people around you, and even yourself. Also the ending
song is awesome. :)
[/quote]

That's one of the reasons Death Note is so awesome! The main character Light Yagami, is so flawed!
*minor spoiler (maybe if you consider it that)*

That's why I root for L every episode:p

idk I've never watched Inuyasha but it seems like It'd be cool, maybe I'll watch it sometime over the break, and what was that again Lost in the Oilfields? Karas you say? Maybe I'll give that a go as well:D

NeverMore said:
mimizu said:

Currently watching Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori. Anata no urami harashimasu... It shows a deep insight into human nature... especially the unpleasant parts of it. The characters are very realistic, you can regognise the people around you, and even yourself. Also the ending
song is awesome. :)

That's one of the reasons Death Note is so awesome! The main character Light Yagami, is so flawed!
*minor spoiler (maybe if you consider it that)*

That's why I root for L every episode:p

idk I've never watched Inuyasha but it seems like It'd be cool, maybe I'll watch it sometime over the break, and what was that again Lost in the Oilfields? Karas you say? Maybe I'll give that a go as well:D

Yeah, Inuyasha, from what I recall, was a good story and had interesting characters... want to see if I can pick the movies up at the mall tonight, I could use a refresher... that and Karas I'd definitely recommend... there are a couple sword fights that have purely amazing graphics, but their powers go well beyond just swordsmanship and martial art, some gory big scale destruction, good plot, and interesting characters... I watched both movies back to back, it was great XD

I'm considering picking up Full Metal Alchemist, but I'm starting to think it's near impossible to find the earlier episodes around here :/

I've never watched Full Metal Alchemist either, but someone ruined the ending for me so I have little interest in watching it. I actually found Karas on youtube and can't wait till winter break so I have time to watch it, come on Friday, get here quicker!!

NeverMore said:
I've never watched Full Metal Alchemist either, but someone ruined the ending for me so I have little interest in watching it. I actually found Karas on youtube and can't wait till winter break so I have time to watch it, come on Friday, get here quicker!!

Don't be put off by having the ending spoilt for FMA, everything good in the series happens before it overtakes the manga and then it kinda gets worse as it strays further from the original material. Manga is worth a read as well, not your typical shounen crap.

FMA is maybe worth a cheap purchase on ebay if you see it going but I would in no way recomend you check out a few torrents.

Might as well post my "Stats"

Currently watching: Clannads, Gurren Lagann, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (very good show), 1st season of Hirugashi, Shippuden (I don't know why) & Hayate the combat butler

Watched: FLCL, NGE (+movies), Naruto, Death Note, Haruhi, FMA, Welcome to the NHK, Fate/Stay Night, Azumanga Diaoh, Last Exile, Texhnolyze, Landlock, Orguss 02, Ghost in the Shell (First 2 movies only), 5cm per second, Voices of a Distant Star, Steamboy,Mind Game, Akira, Dead Leaves and just about everything Miyazaki has done

Manga: Naruto, FMA, Bleach, Love Hina, Chobits and then loads of little shorts

Visual Novels: Ever17 (playing, no spoilers please), The Noose, The Planetarium, Narcissu, Yume Miru Kusuri, OMGWTFOTL

Power Level: Well in excess of 9000.

Anyone else care to share?

HiddenHydey said:
NeverMore said:

Don't be put off by having the ending spoilt for FMA, everything good in the series happens before it overtakes the manga and then it kinda gets worse as it strays further from the original material. Manga is worth a read as well, not your typical shounen crap.

FMA is maybe worth a cheap purchase on ebay if you see it going but I would in no way recomend you check out a few torrents.

Currently watching: Clannads, Gurren Lagann, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (very good show), 1st season of Hirugashi, Shippuden (I don't know why) & Hayate the combat butler

Watched: FLCL, NGE (+movies), Naruto, Death Note, Haruhi, FMA, Welcome to the NHK, Fate/Stay Night, Azumanga Diaoh, Last Exile, Texhnolyze, Landlock, Orguss 02, Ghost in the Shell (First 2 movies only), 5cm per second, Voices of a Distant Star, Steamboy,Mind Game, Akira, Dead Leaves and just about everything Miyazaki has done

Visual Novels: Ever17 (playing, no spoilers please), The Noose, The Planetarium, Narcissu, Yume Miru Kusuri, OMGWTFOTL

Wow man that's quite the list... I haven't watched much...

Karas, Ghost in the Shell (first movie), Avatar: The Last Airbender, Inuyasha (a movie), some Full Metal Alchemist, Ninja Scroll (movie) ... think that's close to all I've seen... probably missed something though... oh I've watched a couple Pokemon when there was nothing on tv (tell anybody and I'll kill you)... and a couple other shows but I have no idea what the names were. XD

HiddenHydey said:

Yay anime fans unite!
And woah that is a heck of a list!

Watching: CLANNAD (Fuuko made me cry), Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (I love it when he despairs at random things lol)

On Hold: Bleach, Pani Poni Dash, Evangelion, Azumanga Daioh, Full Metal Alchemist, too many to list.
Yea I quickly lose interest in some anime after about 3 eps but I pick them up after a long break.

Watched: Naruto, Haruhi, Lucky Star, FLCL, Elfen Lied

All the ones you've listed are pretty amazing pieces of work EXCEPT Shippuuden! This was the one anime that was so appalling it made me want to kill the producers. It completely put me off the Naruto franchise!

Lost in the Oilfield said:
oh I've watched a couple Pokemon when there was nothing on tv (tell anybody and I'll kill you)... and a couple other shows but I have no idea what the names were. XD
Lol I used to watch Pokemon too, and the sad truth is that I actually loved it at the time :eek: I was but a poor misguided child :p

To NeverMore: You really should watch FMA, even if you know the ending, its still one of the top anime ever produced.

Also, a lot of people here seem to have watched Death Note, would any of you recommend it. I was kinda interested but at the time I was watching Naruto and Bleach so I didn't want another shonen anime.

Desolation said:
Lost in the Oilfield said:
oh I've watched a couple Pokemon when there was nothing on tv (tell anybody and I'll kill you)...

Lol I used to watch Pokemon too, and the sad truth is that I actually loved it at the time :eek: I was but a poor misguided child :p

That's the thing, I'm no child :p
Was just bored and sat mindlessly watching a show or two.

Desolation said:
Also, a lot of people here seem to have watched Death Note, would any of you recommend it. I was kinda interested but at the time I was watching Naruto and Bleach so I didn't want another shonen anime.

Totally, it's not without its flaws and it doesn't always work a well as it should but it is not typical shounen. The first season has some of the tensest moments in anime that I've seen and as long as you don't apply too much logic it can become really involving.

If you're going to watch it though then read nothing about it, it's a show that spoilers could ruin really badly.

All the ones you've listed are pretty amazing pieces of work EXCEPT Shippuuden! This was the one anime that was so appalling it made me want to kill the producers. It completely put me off the Naruto franchise!

I've actually fallen asleep twice now watching shippuden, I just watch it out of habbit. Sakura vs Sasori was pretty cool, and then it went back to honeysuckle again. I can't really defend it but from having read the manga all I can say is that shippuden should have a couple really good fights in the future that might be worth checking up on (or you could just youtube for abridged fight scenes and get the good fights there)

Watching: CLANNAD (Fuuko made me cry)

Who is this Fuuko girl? Anyways, am I the only who has instantly fell in love with the new girl though? I would totally sit and read with her!

Wow that was quite the list Hydey, I'm in envy of you skill at procuring anime:p

Desolation, if you still want to know if Death Note is recommended, I would highly recommend it. It's different from your usual anime in a good way. It's full of suspense and intrigue and at times even deep philosophical questions, and I'm only ten episodes in, and I think I will watch Karas and FMA because now that I'm home I have a lot more time on my hands so I should be able to fit them both in here somewhere,lol.Know of any places that could act as a starting platform for obtaining episodes either of karas or FMA?

HiddenHydey said:
1st season of Hirugashi
Nipaa~ ^_^ Where? I've been trying to find that in forever, all I found was crappy dead torrents. :(

Dead thread... *tumbleweed rolling* '.' I started watching Excel Saga now. It's awesome and makes me laugh. It's so lightheartedly sweet. It's been a long time since I saw something like that. :)

Latest posts

Back