Who watches Anime (Japanese anime)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you manage to get a torrent to work or are you streaming from crunchyroll or somewhere? Might check it out if you say it's good.

What else in the world of weeaboo? Well I'm ordering welcome to the NHK (the manga and the novel).
I watched the one hour special of shippuden. Seriously- how did they manage to make so much fail out of something that should have been epic nine-tails action? All time low for the series as a whole I think- even the godamn fillers had their upsides. Animation was passable, and there wasn't that much QUALITY (you know, where the proportions are all messed up) but NOTHING HAPPENED ALL EPISODE. There were like 3 punches and the lowest density of dialogue DB has ever subbed. Everything bad about fighting shounen was stretched out for the whole double bill. I know it's a kid's show really but that was piss poor by anyone's count.

On the other hand the manga seems to be stepping up for what might be a fairly epic showdown between the Uchiha brothers, Kisame and team Snake, and Tobi versus the konoha lot. I won't spoil the plot but I suspect if you care you already know- we'll miss you big guy.

Bleach seems to be chuntering along quite happily, Mayuri's fight should be over shortly (and despite what everyone else says I'm enjoying the showdown between the 2 mad scientists) and my epic-sensor's needle is twitching in anticipation of Unohana flexing her muscles. Everything so far has hinted towards her being one of the most powerful captain, from those little stat cards they release (which placed her second only to Aizen overall, even if she was lacking in the swordsmanship department) to the nature of her Shikai (which is more like over people's bankai).

Also, I finished episode 12 of clannads. Kotomi-chan is too **** cute, finding myself getting way too attached, which is a problem as I think it's pretty obvious that he's going to pick Nagisa (tasteless fool).

Finally my list of things that manly tears were shed over since I last posted here:
-Kamina's death (TTGL): because he believes in you, just like Jesus, only with robots
-Tsugumi and Sora arc (Ever17): because real men save the day with chicken sandwhiches
- Cut-82 (little 2 page short- rapidsearch might get you it): because you are the boy
-Hotel Bo(i)chi (again rapidsearch is your friend): because global warming is BAD
-Naruto Shippuden episodes 40-41: because I lost 2619 seconds of my life that I'll never get back

I little more than I expected to post, but oh well, I've typed it now. No sense in deleting it I guess.

Also have yourselves a Merry fecking Christmas and try to spend it as you like! I know I've got a pizza ready for the oven and the last 2 arcs of Ever17 ready and waiting, real people are so overrated. :)

HiddenHydey said:
-Hotel Bo(i)chi (again rapidsearch is your friend): because global warming is BAD
Reading ATM. :) What's Keira Knightley doing there... o_O

Done. It was sweet. ^_^
It would have been much easier for Louis if they built an underground bunker instead of a tower. :p
And I still don't get why... the... Keira Knightley. XD

HiddenHydey said:
Did you manage to get a torrent to work or are you streaming from crunchyroll or somewhere? Might check it out if you say it's good.
Just good old veoh. :) And yes, it's awesome.

mimizu said:
It would have been much easier for Louis if they built an underground bunker instead of a tower. :p
And I still don't get why... the... Keira Knightley. XD

Where was Keira Knightley? I don't remember her?

But yeah, I only just realized a bunker would have been easier. Still, found myself with manly tears for a man who lived and died by his code of honour.

Watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann now and I just had a thought: Simon is just like Shinji from NGE, only Shinji gets Gendou and Simon gets Kamina.:D

Except it wasn't a man, it was a computer. :p
And Keira Knightley... one sec, I will show you.

There she is, I wanted to circle her name with red, but this png seems to have all of the palette colors changed to shades of grey and I didn't have time to twinkle with that, so I made a really fat black rectangle with rounded corners instead, I hope you can notice it. = D

More Keira: "Oh Keira don't make those seductive lips at me" = O~

mimizu said:
There she is, I wanted to circle her name with red, but this png seems to have all of the palette colors changed to shades of grey and I didn't have time to twinkle with that, so I made a really fat black rectangle with rounded corners instead, I hope you can notice it. = D

More Keira: "Oh Keira don't make those seductive lips at me" = O~

Win. Also I just noted that Louis is Louis Armstrong- God I'm slow (and I thought it was a tribute to Alex Louis Armstrong, The Strong Arm Alchemist!):shy:

Anyways, I bring news

SAIGAR IS BACK
That's right, it's time once again to vote for the most manly and baddass character in animé this year. It's just a laugh really (even Shinji and the Dango family from Clannad make an appearance) but it's always amusing to see how it turns out.

It's got an easy URL this time ( www.manlybadass.com :D) and the voting starts in a day or so. All times are given in GMT.

Now you're aware of it I beg you to vote for the Dango family on the 20/01, because I fear the popularity of TTGL will let that punk Rossiu get through. Remember people: Rossiu lied, people died. Saigar was a pretty close run thing last year, there were only 5 votes between the winner and the loser in the finals, and there were other times when the difference between victory and defeat was even less than that- so your votes really do count.

Still we all know there can only be one true winner

AviKamina.jpg

Gasp
Your request to vote in this round has been accepted.
Please refresh this page at 03:09 in order to obtain your voting code.
So I must stay awake until it's 03:09 AM in god-knows-what timezone, and remember to refresh the page in EXACTLY THAT MINUTE. <O>_<O>

Edit: oh okay, it's PST.

Today the first ep of the second season of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is supposed to have been aired. I wonder where one can find the raw. O_O Not that I would understand it. But still, just to see what it's like. :p

SZS has the weirdest way ever to draw hair. O_O Also the art in general is awesome.

mimizu said:
SZS has the weirdest way ever to draw hair. O_O Also the art in general is awesome.

If you like that style you might like Mononoke, the spin-off from the Ayakashi series that ran recently. But yeah, SZS is a beautiful show, got my subs for episode 12 the moment the torrents were up, it's a beautiful thing.

Also a person from school is giving me a 4gig memory stick in a couple weeks to fill up with animé I think he might like. To be honest I don't really know him that well but it's so little effort for me I thought it'd be rude to refuse. Any suggestions for a good few episodes from various shows to give to a stranger?

anime really isn't that big in my country, I live in new Zealand. They never show it on tv, only things like yugioh and pokemon which I'm not a big fan of.

Anime which if found over my travels that I like though is witch hunter robin, does anyone here like that?

Um I also like blood +, Gilgamesh, ghost in a shell is real cool, there's others aswell, i just can't remeber them at the moment LOL

So yea if anyone has any good suggestions for me to look out for I would really appreciate it :)

HiddenHydey said:
Also, I finished episode 12 of clannads. Kotomi-chan is too **** cute, finding myself getting way too attached, which is a problem as I think it's pretty obvious that he's going to pick Nagisa (tasteless fool).
Gah that episode left us on such a cliffhanger and then they wait two weeks for the next! And yea, I thought I liked Fuko, but Kotomi just completely outshines her, death violin skills and all. Its sad but I guess Kotomi will opt for the "study abroad" option *sigh*. Still, I'm pretty interested in seeing Kyou and Tomoyo's arcs so its not all bad.
Why aren't the subs out for 13 yet (SS & Eclipse's one that is)

mimizu said:
Today the first ep of the second season of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is supposed to have been aired. I wonder where one can find the raw. O_O Not that I would understand it. But still, just to see what it's like. Toungue
Yay subs are out for Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei! I loved the first season. Episode 11 got me surprisingly worked up but 12 was a massive let down. Well, I wonder what craziness will get Itoshiki sensei in despair again.

tomuchnothing said:
anime really isn't that big in my country, I live in new Zealand. They never show it on tv, only things like yugioh and pokemon which I'm not a big fan of.
It used to be like that here in the UK, though I'm embarrassed to say that I used to watch pokemon and yugioh (god what was I thinking!). There were other shows like Digimon, "Cardcaptors" and Sailor Moon back then, but after a while anime like that pretty much disappeared and I stopped watching on TV. Recently I discovered Anime Central and Anime Network which showed pretty good stuff like Elfen Lied and NGE but I've just learnt that Anime Network has been discontinued *sigh*. As for recommendations, I don't really know what you're into, but you have to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion if you haven't, and possibly Cowboy Bebop.

NGE- Provocative, experimental and controversial. Oedipus has nothing on the lead of this show. Some see it as deep, others as an artistic failure. Worth a watch, a sit and think and re-watch so you might understand what's going on

Naruto- Gets a lot of unwarranted hate and a lot of undeserved devotion. Generic shounen action, done quite well up until the filler arcs from which it has never recovered. If only it was all like the land of the waves arc...

Mononoke- A series of ghost stories with only one character in common, the Medicine Seller, a mysterious individual who seems to know a lot about ghosts and such. Takes a lot of risks by telling stories in a very artistic style and coupling this with an art style which I personally find to be very pleasing to the eye. Think X-Files meets feudal Japan (mostly).

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (TTGL)- Perhaps the opposite of NGE in the most beautiful way possible. While NGE can be a bit of a downer with human relationships being a hurtful thing TTGL is all about just how awesome they can be. It takes the friendship speech to the extreme, to the extent that it actually becomes awesome, and this coming from a cynic like me who is the first to make snarky remarks at such sentiments.

Clannad- An exercise in moe. If you like this show then I could point you in the direction of many other shows themed around cute, largely helpless girls; if you don't then you probably just don't like that sort of show at all.

Death Note- A young man finds a notebook that allows him to kill people by writing his targets name in the book. Cue suspense and drama as the authorities try to find out just who he is. Good art and a gripping storyline make it a must watch.

Anyways I'm getting to lazy now tomuchnothing, if you could say what other sort of shiz you like I could probably be more helpful (not what anime you have liked, just what movie genres and stuff)

EDIT: Seems pretty obvious you like gothicy things
There's a TV series of Ghost in the Shell and Darker than Black has a similar cyber-punky theme (even though it's pretty superficial you might want to check it out). Hellsing and Blood: the last vampire have vampires too, not sure if you'd like though.

HiddenHydey said:
NGE- Provocative, experimental and controversial. Oedipus has nothing on the lead of this show. Some see it as deep, others as an artistic failure. Worth a watch, a sit and think and re-watch so you might understand what's going on

Naruto- Gets a lot of unwarranted hate and a lot of undeserved devotion. Generic shounen action, done quite well up until the filler arcs from which it has never recovered. If only it was all like the land of the waves arc...

Mononoke- A series of ghost stories with only one character in common, the Medicine Seller, a mysterious individual who seems to know a lot about ghosts and such. Takes a lot of risks by telling stories in a very artistic style and coupling this with an art style which I personally find to be very pleasing to the eye. Think X-Files meets feudal Japan (mostly).

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (TTGL)- Perhaps the opposite of NGE in the most beautiful way possible. While NGE can be a bit of a downer with human relationships being a hurtful thing TTGL is all about just how awesome they can be. It takes the friendship speech to the extreme, to the extent that it actually becomes awesome, and this coming from a cynic like me who is the first to make snarky remarks at such sentiments.

Clannad- An exercise in moe. If you like this show then I could point you in the direction of many other shows themed around cute, largely helpless girls; if you don't then you probably just don't like that sort of show at all.

Death Note- A young man finds a notebook that allows him to kill people by writing his targets name in the book. Cue suspense and drama as the authorities try to find out just who he is. Good art and a gripping storyline make it a must watch.

Anyways I'm getting to lazy now tomuchnothing, if you could say what other sort of shiz you like I could probably be more helpful (not what anime you have liked, just what movie genres and stuff)

EDIT: Seems pretty obvious you like gothicy things
There's a TV series of Ghost in the Shell and Darker than Black has a similar cyber-punky theme (even though it's pretty superficial you might want to check it out). Hellsing and Blood: the last vampire have vampires too, not sure if you'd like though.

Hey thanks heaps for all those ay, ill definatly give them a try, youve been a big help :) and that should be plenty to keep me going for a while :)

But yea im a big fan of gothicy type stuff :) hehe

Latest posts

Back