Who watches Anime (Japanese anime)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mimizu said:
It's like the roman proverb: "all roads lead to Neon Genesis Evangelion". :)
Love that quote:D

I think the more the world advance, the more brutal and ugly it will become.
Look on the good side,at least no one in this forum has the choice to kill "humans" or let them live...we d already know the outcome...i guess

This is the difference from anime and other normal show, in anime they mostly show heavy and sensible stuff about life and the "dark" side of everyday life.

Oh, I just managed to find the name out of another one I saw... Ninja Scroll... a friend of mine let me borrow it.
I'd absolutely give it an R rating though cause it was gory-violent and the characters got pretty sexually explicit in a couple scenes... there was this one demon guy that was nasty, which seemed really weird since its a cartoon... my friend hadn't said anything about some of the shocking scenes, so I got a big surprise.

Ah, I was about to give up looking for the name of this one and just write a detailed description of the movie, but I finally found it after some searching... Inuyasha
I saw this I think this spring... it was really good, or I thought it was... I'm happy I found the name cause I missed a chunk of the beginning and will have to get it and watch it from the start learn the whole story.

Another one was Final Fantasy... the computer animation in it was really pretty... some great art.

There's another one that I have only watched a few times when my niece was watching it on TV... Avatar. I just think their powers are cool.

Ones I do not like...
Sailor Moon... this was just waaaaay to cute and cheesy. Geared more for little girls I guess.
Yu-Gi-Oh... I don't know it just watches too much like a card based game. Seemed geared more for little kids I guess. Couldn't get interested in it.
Pokemon... the only thing I like about it is that they say their names over and over when the animals talk... squirtlesquirtle, squirtle... pekapeka, peka, peka. (don't know the spelling but its so retarded that its funny) And team rocket are the stupidest bad guys ever. Ok, so I've watched it once or twice, but I never got into it.

Lost in the Oilfield said:
Oh, I just managed to find the name out of another one I saw... Ninja Scroll... a friend of mine let me borrow it.
I'd absolutely give it an R rating though cause it was gory-violent and the characters got pretty sexually explicit in a couple scenes... there was this one demon guy that was nasty, which seemed really weird since its a cartoon... my friend hadn't said anything about some of the shocking scenes, so I got a big surprise.

Ah, I was about to give up looking for the name of this one and just write a detailed description of the movie, but I finally found it after some searching... Inuyasha
I saw this I think this spring... it was really good, or I thought it was... I'm happy I found the name cause I missed a chunk of the beginning and will have to get it and watch it from the start learn the whole story.

Another one was Final Fantasy... the computer animation in it was really pretty... some great art.

There's another one that I have only watched a few times when my niece was watching it on TV... Avatar. I just think their powers are cool.

Ones I do not like...
Sailor Moon... this was just waaaaay to cute and cheesy. Geared more for little girls I guess.
Yu-Gi-Oh... I don't know it just watches too much like a card based game. Seemed geared more for little kids I guess. Couldn't get interested in it.
Pokemon... the only thing I like about it is that they say their names over and over when the animals talk... squirtlesquirtle, squirtle... pekapeka, peka, peka. (don't know the spelling but its so retarded that its funny) And team rocket are the stupidest bad guys ever. Ok, so I've watched it once or twice, but I never got into it.

If you liked Ninja Scroll, I strongly recommend you watch the series Basilisk as it is based (basically) on that movie. Plus the animation is far superior in the series than in the movie. Also has a pretty captivating story in my opinion. I'd love to discuss it but I'm not sure who ahs and hasn't seen it already so i'll hold off.

The Final Fantasy movie is one of my favorites (I'm a HUGE fan of FF7) and if you liked it you should Download Last Order Final FAntasy 7 (FF7 OVA kind of) it's animated not CG. It pwns.

Yu-Gi-Oh is the anime I never admit to liking (NOT yugioh GX good lord), but I really liked the duels (Plus Marrick is one of my favorite bad guys) not so much the stuff in between (too childish imo).

I'll have to check out Basilisk... u saying the animation in the Basilisk or Ninja Scroll was better in series? I think the Ninja Scroll I saw was a movie... not 100% sure my computer got messed up and I lost a lot of stuff I had saved on it... only anime I got back was Ghost in the Shell so far... love the thermal optic camouflage and think the idea of a ghost in the shell is brilliant and many writers have played with this idea before... I, Robot and some other works of Asimov dealt with this possibility.

I'll have to check out FF7 for sure thanks for that!

-Edit- Sorry if you read it and were interested before I ripped about a page out... I got way off topic discussing AI and I don't want to ruin your thread by changing subjects.

MisterD said:
FULL METAL ALCHEMIST THE BEST!!!!

care to elaborate on that broad statement? why is it the best?

by the way, I just downloaded and watched the Bleach Movie (Memories of Nobody) and I must say that it was excellent and a must see for any bleach fan. Plus I almost cried at the end...

I could post a link but I'm not entirely sure who here is against downloading.
if you guys want me to post a link I will otherwise I won't.

Anyways go watch the bleach movie if you can! I think I'll start watching Cowboy Bebop tonight and maybe whne Im done that go onto NGE. There's going to be a live action movie of NGE btw and DBZ (which I would love to discuss).

i watch a few animes but not that into it. i dont care about dubbing and editing like most fans infact some of the ones like on adult swim sort of bore me unless it only has 13 or 26 episodes also probly because i like different versions (like director cuts of movies)

i like
digimon
shaman king
lain
hack
sol bianca
movies i like
digimon:the movie
tenchi the movie
spirited away
howls moving castle
the spirits within
i haven't seen death note but i have the live action movies of it and have 4 of the comics

Sinlaw said:
This is the difference from anime and other normal show, in anime they mostly show heavy and sensible stuff about life and the "dark" side of everyday life.
Depends on the anime. But yes, such anime is good, though rare. :(

mimizu said:
Sinlaw said:
Depends on the anime. But yes, such anime is good, though rare. :(

I usually get way too invested in those kinds of animes, and end up really depressed after I finish it (sometimes swearing off anime forever lol).

I'm currently watching lain (2 episodes in gonna watch 3-4 more tonight) and I have a feeling I will be depressed after I finish the series... pathetic I know.

RogueTomato said:
Paranoia Agent is also one of my favorites. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anyone who shares my enthusiasm for the series.

Well, you just found someone who shares your enthusiasm. Paranoia Agent was great.

AngryLoner said:
to keep this thread going:

What do you guys prefer, Subs or Dubs?

I personally can't stand dubs... none of the english voices ever sound fitting and I also feel that english voices make the show feel a bit silly almost...

The japanese take their anime way more seriously then westerners do and I feel that their voice acting is usually far better. Plus I enjoy the way the japanese language sounds, it's one of my favorite languages (i'll learn it some day when I'm not so lazy :p). Certainly more interesting to me than plain old English.

On the flip side, I can see how some people might be put off by having to read while watching... but it's never really bothered me for some reason.

What do you guys think?

Either one is fine with me, really. I usually watch them dubbed unless the English voice acting is terrible, then I'll watch them subbed. The only anime that I didn't like the English voice acting in was Rurouni Kenshin, especially the OVA's. Everybody was speaking perfect English and using big words, even Kenshin was when he was a little kid. lol

That, and almost everybody used the same dull voice that didn't show much emotion at all.

AngryLoner said:
I usually get way too invested in those kinds of animes, and end up really depressed after I finish it (sometimes swearing off anime forever lol).

I'm currently watching lain (2 episodes in gonna watch 3-4 more tonight) and I have a feeling I will be depressed after I finish the series... pathetic I know.

It's not pathetic, I think that's the whole point of those kind of anime's... To make you sad.

They make me happy though, because I can relate. I'm now watching an anime called Sola. That page doesn't tell much about it, and the art is not that good, but it's nice... soothing.

hiyas
i like to watch anime too. im not really watching anything right now. ive watched elfen lied and thought it was great (i was like whoa on the first episode how the opened the story) i really liked chobits and love hina but im a suck like that. im watching romeo x juliet now but the subbing is taking a long time. with like bleach and naruto i kinda got bored of them when they got into the fillers but i hear that bleach is getting good again. if you people have any suggestions on a new anime id love to hear them.

Try Dennou Coil. It's a nice sweet anime. :) There's also Clannad, but I didn't like it, it seems to be one of those aggressive-type animes that are common now... have you seen Fruits Basket? (old but good)

i could only find previews of Dennou Coil and i couldnt find working episodes of Clannad... but i did watch the first couple episodes of fruits basket and i like it. i wish i didnt have a paper to write otherwise i would of watched both seasons by now lol

most recent anime I finished was Darker than Black. I would highly reccommend it to anyone.

a good place to look for anime is veoh.com. They usually have most everything I've ever looked for and good download speeds.

just did a quick search of the site, found some clannad episodes.

Also, Bleach is out of fillers again (has been for a few weeks) and is getting much better.

Yeah I got like 4 episodes of Sola off veoh.com. But then eps 9 and 11 were subbed in German, and there was no ep 10. :(
Also, I learned that there is a large-boobed lady from Japan who is also named Sola.

Another nice manga is D-Gray Man. I tried to watch the first ep of the anime (I had the file for a while) but it was corrupt. ;<

Latest posts

Back