why am i suddenly being... different?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgecrusher

Reaction score
for the last few weeks i have been different. i have had almost no desire to play video games aside from the occasional guitar hero for like an hour. which if you know me that sounds completely insane. over the past few months i have been listening to some music that i never was really into that much. i have been watching movies and shows that i normally wouldnt have given a chance. what is with me?

No, it's not weird to change at any age. I'm not much into video games either anymore. It all seems so boring to me now. I've been watching movies as well, and I never cared for them before.

VanillaCreme said:
No, it's not weird to change at any age. I'm not much into video games either anymore. It all seems so boring to me now. I've been watching movies as well, and I never cared for them before.

it just feels weird and i dont know what to think of it.

I've had the similar problem sounds like a you got a mild case of ennui

do you like playing videogames more a night?

maybe you've just had your share of videogames for a while

get another hobby for a while maybe read and excersice and then play videogames as a rteward

evanescencefan91 said:
I've had the similar problem sounds like a you got a mild case of ennui

do you like playing videogames more a night?

maybe you've just had your share of videogames for a while

get another hobby for a while maybe read and excersice and then play videogames as a rteward

thats another thing i did that i never do, read. it was only a graphic novel and not an actual book but for me thats something, lol.

edgecrusher said:
VanillaCreme said:

it just feels weird and i dont know what to think of it.

I felt the same. But then I realized it's because I want to work. I want to get a job, so I can have some extra money and start really saving. Video games consumed my extra time, but I'm getting tired of that now.

I used to be a hardcore gamer and metalhead. My tastes have changed, just as you yours have. I don't play any games now and have developed a taste for jazz and folk. It's the process of growing up. Soon you'll find hair growing in places they never have before.

dude, it's not that weird.

i'm 32, have listened to heavy metal my entire life and have always despised pop music.

now i can't stop listening to kelly clarkson and pink. yes. that is funny! :p

oarivan said:
I used to be a hardcore gamer and metalhead. My tastes have changed, just as you yours have. I don't play any games now and have developed a taste for jazz and folk. It's the process of growing up. Soon you'll find hair growing in places they never have before.

lol. definitely past the point of finding new places where hair grows.

edgecrusher said:
oarivan said:

Hate to break it to you, but if you're a dude, there's ALWAYS new places for hair to start growing.

I'm going to blame your recent personality change on drugs. My guess is crystal.

@oarivan-name some of your fave albums/artists for me. So rare that we lure metalheads over to the light. They usually go pop for some reason.

coricopat said:
edgecrusher said:
oarivan said:

Hate to break it to you, but if you're a dude, there's ALWAYS new places for hair to start growing.

I'm going to blame your recent personality change on drugs. My guess is crystal.

@oarivan-name some of your fave albums/artists for me. So rare that we lure metalheads over to the light. They usually go pop for some reason.

actually i have never done any drugs or even smoked a cigarette in my entire life. i occasionally drink... but i could probably count how many times ive been actually drunk on one hand. i dont know what it is. i think it has something to do with how i suddenly found someone that i actually feel something for even though i have no idea if its going to turn into anything or not... i dont know.

coricopat said:
edgecrusher said:
oarivan said:

I'm a progressive, neofolk, neoclassical, thrash man. Stuff like Megadeth, Yngwie, Jason Becker, dream theater, sabbath, agalloch, maiden, mercyful fate, led zeppelin. Shitloads more but I've already posted too much.

@crusher: I recently have hair growing on my ass. Wanna see?

edgecrusher said:
for the last few weeks i have been different. i have had almost no desire to play video games aside from the occasional guitar hero for like an hour. which if you know me that sounds completely insane. over the past few months i have been listening to some music that i never was really into that much. i have been watching movies and shows that i normally wouldnt have given a chance. what is with me?

I dont see anything wrong with you, youre completely normal to me. Just enjoy your life like what youre doing now, if youre changed, enjoy that change!! Like i said you dont sound like there's something wrong with you. Dont analyze, just go with the flow..

Don't worry about it - sounds like a good thing. It's not like you are losin interest in life altogether, you're just curious about other things and want to check them out. No harm at all in that, and all your old hobbies will still be there if you want to come back to them later. I'd say go for it, the unknown can be scary, but can bring good things.

We get a new skeleton every 7 years or so... So i would imagine we all have a cycle at which we change, evolve, and or progress or regress every so many years.

I don't game as much anymore these days either. Ever try playing a video game with the TV off? Well first off it's nearly impossible (lol), but secondly you kinda realize what it is from a certain perspective... just an interactive window to 1 of many worlds.

Sounds like you found a more interesting window or opened a new door all together, good luck to ya!

thanks for the replies guys. i think i have decided to pretty much just embrace this and see where it takes me because otherwise ill still be stuck where im at. its happening right at the same time as i have feelings for someone so maybe it has something to do with that. maybe things do happen for a reason... who knows? but i think i want to find out.

Latest posts

Back