Why are you here? Are you lonely? If so, why do you feel so?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose I could answer honestly.
The first time I came was because my life fell apart and I was lonely as fresia and really didn't have anywhere to go (although, this type of forum wasn't what I was originally looking for).

The second time was because between work and my kids, I have no time for a life. Only talking to kids every day make one go a tad bit insane and I actually do enjoy the company of quite a few people here and since I've been back, I'm enjoying getting to know quite a few more.

And here's some pancakes for everyone. :D

pancakes.jpg

I have a lifelong history of loneliness.

Cutting to current events; my job has a way of exasperating the loneliness situation. I work as a mariner, I sail on a ship for two weeks at a time. While you have shipmates, they aren't exactly your family or those I hold to any particular regard (vice versa). During my time off, under my own volition, I have very little to do. This has effects on my health and well being. I would gain up to 25lbs of fat during my time off, then I would go back to work and lose it. The process repeats itself again this trend of yo-yo weight gain which has been going on for a couple years after I quit my gym membership. Suddenly after years of going there, I developed an anxiety of sorts. I did not like how I was being postured by some patrons and the way some of the women acted around me. Those people wore away my veneer and now I have succumbed to being a fat slob. Much has to do with lack of proper nutrition. I have a addiction to the 'bad stuff' lets just say.

I have one friend I hang out with. He works the same job I do. We don't really see each other all that much. He also happens to know more people than I do and has stronger social skills than I do. So when we are both back in town, we aren't hanging out right away. I usually leave it up to him to contact me when he has time. It's hard, but I don't want to be pandered to or strung along. That would be worse. I remember when I used to get jealous of my friends and be all 'up in their honeysuckle'. That is in a very distant past, and i'm playing my cards the best I can.

I turn 32 this year. At this point, I have to accept and embrace what I have. And it can be a very dismal feeling at times. I don't feel angry or jealous like I used to. I just wonder now what I should do with myself. Because when left to my own device, i'm pretty inept. I had a pretty strong will not too long ago. Now I seemed to have lost it.

But I do alot of 'killing time' mostly. I may not really contribute much over a community message board. But no less, this is my first post. And hope it suits well as a introduction.

I'm here because I'm naturally introverted, but that also means that I am alone often. I would ultimately like to find someone to be alone with. I don't really know how to explain that, but most people don't seem to get it. I am certain that my "type" combined with the type of legitimate and intimate connection I want with someone is a rare thing. It's hard for me to initiate anything because I am either too shy or manage to convince myself that they won't really be the type of person I hope they are.

edgecrusher said:
I'm naturally introverted, but that also means that I am alone often.

Same here.

ladyforsaken said:
I was here because I was feeling alone (not lonely).

Yes this is true. I joined here because I was feeling alone, at that moment. I do feel alone most of the times, hoowever this is not the reason.

Honestly to this day, I still don't know as to why I am here, what's my purpose. I haven't figured it out. It's like, I am just existing here. Simply existing.

ladyforsaken said:
Now, I'm here because I just want to be there for those who need someone.

That's a very good thing you are doing lady. Good going on that, keep it up!.

I came here because of loneliness and depression. I needed someone to talk with, badly. I never thought that I would find so awesome people here.

I'm here to study human behaviour as we plan our invasion/assimilation of the third planet from the sun. Seems like it'll be easier than our initial forecast, if we bring pancakes we'll avoid conflict and have 4 billion drones willing to do our bidding.

I'm gonna get a HUGE bonus for this one :D

I'm here because this place has found me some like-minded people to talk with online, and it's reassuring to know I'm not the only loner with issues out there.

Because I feel as if I don't have any "real" friends and the only people that I do call friends irl seem to have their own separate group of friends which they value more than me, lol. And it return it makes me feel lonely.

I'm here because I have no friends and my family (children) live hundreds of miles away.
That makes me a failure as a human being right?
Successful people are surrounded by their loved ones and have lots of friends.
No replies to this expected because we all know that failures remain isolated and ignored.
No this isn't a pity party it's a statement of fact.

I am here because:
(1) I have no family: Parents are dead and brother may not actually give a single **** about me unless it is to provide presents for his kid on xmas.
(2) I have no significant other. I don't know why but no one is interested in me or ever makes a move.
(3) I have no friends. None that would actually, you know... leave their house to do anything for me OR even listen to anything I have to say. I have friends that like things on facebook, pretty much all they can give me.

Because I'm lonely and I don't have anyone who understands how does that feel, people around me have their people who love them and whom they love, I don't have that... so they can't understand me, and they can't help, so I don't talk... instead I crawl into my room and cry on internet :)

Jently said:
I'm here because I have no friends and my family (children) live hundreds of miles away.
That makes me a failure as a human being right?
Successful people are surrounded by their loved ones and have lots of friends.

That does not make you a failure as a human being. Success is quite subjective. You set your own achievable goals, no matter how tiny they may seem and you'd still be considered successful.

"Successful people" can refer to anyone. Depending how you want to look at it. And even if you mean a certain type of people are successful, they don't always have loved one surrounding them.

You're not a failure, Jently. Give yourself something to feel successful for. Even if it's just to live through the day despite the challenges you face. That's still something.

Nely Lo said:
Because I'm lonely and I don't have anyone who understands how does that feel, people around me have their people who love them and whom they love, I don't have that... so they can't understand me, and they can't help, so I don't talk... instead I crawl into my room and cry on internet :)

^Pretty much why i'm here :(

Because this is only site that I found where people have similar problems and feeling to mine and the layout doesn't freaks me out. I was looking for it becouse I realize that I haven't any friends and I should do anything with that. I don't even have people around me who doesn't understand me, I just don't have ANY people now :f I hope I found a good place. I like to be alone, but this is too high level of loneliness.

I don't care for pancakes, or toast, or much of any breakfast food really; so I guess I'm a forum misfit. :p

lonely, lonely, lonely... I don't seem to be able to make anyone interested in my person, let alone love me, I still wonder why, some days it feels like I am cursed

Latest posts

Back