Why Did You Choose Avatar/Sig/Name That You Did?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an easy one, I chose this avatar because Sci-Fi is my favorite character from G.I.Joe. I didn't want to use ones I do on other sites but it also had to express who I am. :D My signature is a line from Batman Returns and a line taken from the G.I.Joe cartoons/comics.

My avatar is Zz'dtri(how the heck do you even pronounce this? :p) from The Order of the Stick. It's a webcomic that
satirizes Dungeons and Dragons. I chose this avatar because i thought it was funny. Don't have a sig yet...

Dragons with a reference to yin/yang. Self-referential both to my nature as well as the sharp boundaries that I use to define the world, along with other commentary of personal importance.

Jack Vettriano's The Drifter

A picture that seamlessly matches my username, I like how the smartly dressed man is walking along a coast with a suitcase in hand, we viewers unsure of where he has been or where he is going. I’d say he was lost and the thick clouds could indicate an approaching storm, perhaps representing excitement or uncertainty, but his strong pose hints at some sort of inner confidence or plan of action. It’s like he’s facing the unknown and drifting from one challenge to the next, emotions that ring true inside my own heart.

5426.jpg

Lost Drifter said:
A picture that seamlessly matches my username, I like how the smartly dressed man is walking along a coast with a suitcase in hand, we viewers unsure of where he has been or where he is going. I’d say he was lost and the thick clouds could indicate an approaching storm, perhaps representing excitement or uncertainty, but his strong pose hints at some sort of inner confidence or plan of action. It’s like he’s facing the unknown and drifting from one challenge to the next, emotions that ring true inside my own heart.

I like that LD, very poetic and romantic.

My avatar is similar in a way, in that the signpost signifies a point in my life when I've been lost and now maybe I've found some direction? I hope I'm not too far from home. :)

In a lonely place said:
My avatar is similar in a way, in that the signpost signifies a point in my life when I've been lost and now maybe I've found some direction? I hope I'm not too far from home. :)

I do like that signpost analogy, a sense of direction and the division of places that you've "travelled" to throughout your life. I hope you find your way home my friend.

quote='Lost Drifter' pid='337115' dateline='1324571015']
In a lonely place said:

I do like that signpost analogy, a sense of direction and the division of places that you've "travelled" to throughout your life. I hope you find your way home my friend.

[/quote]

Your avatar reminds me of this album cover.

med_flogging_molly_artist_photo7.jpg
[

Mine is my cat.. she was laying on my lap being really cute and so I took a pic of her. :)

I like this small recolored pic of me. And I like how people react differently to just a small edit of the eyes. Sometimes the biggest effects lie in the most simple things.

My avatar is a picture of a tin of Altoids. I hope I didn't post that already.

Latest posts

Back