Why do you go to work?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well apart from my mother & siblings (I visit them once a week to once a month) Work is all I have

I think my commute is 25 miles but, it is by train. What is so old about that is that my train is an hour and there is no option... it is constantly late (only when I am going home) and it was always too crowded so I am squished by the time i get there. I hate my job so much I just had my boss send me an e-mail and I seriously considered smashing into the car in front of me (I was driving at the time) just to get a break from work.. yeh I know that means it is time to go, but it is long since time to go... but I can't seem to get another job.

I would like to work so that I can feel like I have more of a purpose in life, change to be implemented and I'd like to feel job satisfaction, I'd like to gain more useful skills and pieces of knowledge, I would like to improve my social life if possible and I would like to live comfortable without having to worry about money.

TheSkaFish said:
So, if you don't mind sharing, who do you want to be? What is it that keeps you going through your job?

I want to be someone who has seen the beauty that this world does have to offer, and be someone who can radiate that beauty to other people. I've seen enough honeysuckle for a while, though it helps to keep the pile up by regular life. It's so cheesy, but honeysuckle really makes you stronger. If you allow it, that is.

Anyway. My plan is to migrate to Iceland in five years. When i'm there, i'll plan vacations to all the beautiful places in the world. I'm talking about beautiful nature, but also the human part of nature, beautiful societies, because they do still exist. I believe that. Couple of weeks ago i went to Iceland for the first time, to see if it was really as nice as i thought it'd be, and if i'd really want to settle there. And well, my expectations where choked, drowned, set aflame, and vaporised. In a good way. It was utterly amazing.

Here's the thing. I'd obviously need a job there. Tourism is really on the rise there. With my previous job i do have quite some restaurant experience. I've been told that there are no catering trainings over there whatsoever. Now my job is what i told you earlier. If i can pull that one off, i could theoraticly handle 90% of all hotels over there. For all i know, i might start my own! And that's why i chose this job, and that's why i will keep fighting to get better at it, learn from it, experience all the different aspects. It might not be all that fun now, but i just know that it will be, in a short while.

Also, i wanted to add, traveling, especially alone (i think) can do alot on self improvement. I was quite a different person after my week to that country. Don't let yourself hold you back, do what you love, and the rest will fall into place. Make the decision, and all puzzle pieces fall on exactly the right spot, wether you realise it or not. :)

Latest posts

Back