WHY you have a low self esteem

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you find yourself attractive?

• Yes

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • ....yeeees... (no)

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters

Gindu

Reaction score
it is called self fulfilling prophecy, people will always try to steal energy from you, some people feel good by making others feel bad.

YOU MUST BE STRONG.

since i started having a higher self belief and love of myself my physical appearence has improved, of course, be careful as it can swing the other way, and narcissm is NOT PLEASANT

but yeah,

you are what you believe you are, if you think you are fat DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT,

if you think you are ugly YOU ARE UGLY. and people will exploit you.

every human life is beautiful, weather you choose to see yourself that way is up to you.

-Kind Regards,
Gindu

Gindu said:
if you think you are ugly YOU ARE UGLY.

fresia. :(

Gindu said:
YOU MUST BE STRONG.

true!

Gindu said:
you are what you believe you are

true, to an extent. i can think of myself as a bad-ass James Dean hunk till the second comming, but thinking such ain't ever gonna make it so.

but good message. we have to make an effort if we want to get anywhere, and that starts with building confidence and an improved self-image. basic training 101!

ahhh dude i love the self fullfilling prophecy!!

well not really but i love talking about
we learned about it our socail psychology class

it's less of stealing energy, but if people keep telling you you are ugly, and you start to think you are ugly you will be depressed, and slouch, and have no motivation to to get out of you're pajamas or brush you're hair, so in short,

low self esteem can cause you to appear less attractive

so far my solution is just fake it till you make it

also neautragena oil free acne wash works really well for me

ac2d5bea0303cd8f_neutrogena.jpg

and a hair straightener too works for for days when my hair is really frizzy

you can also find good cheap clothing at 2nd hand stores like goodwill some of my friends from highschool even got their prom dresses from good will for like 12 dollars

also woman find confidence very sexy

how would one define confidence: surefootedness? authoritative tone? speaking clearly, maintaining reasonable eye contact and a calm, relaxed demeanour? exuding a certain presence or aura?

they probably all factor in somewhere, I gander.

I agree if you think you look good then you probably do.

I not voted in the poll cos sometimes I think I look hot and other times I think I am ugly.

Beauty as they say is in the eye of the beholder :)

i am Ok with my looks. my self esteem issues are more personality focused. i feel useless to other people, like i have nothing to offer anyone. like i don't make their expectations, e.g i am not funny enough for them, or not intelligent enough. i worry that people will get bored of me. i guess it is all linked to my childhood, where i was never encouraged to come out of my shell, i never got positive validation. Also linked to my partners up and leaving me or cheating on me.

I think parents and the way we where burt up plays a massive roll in how we think of ourselves.
My dad never really encouraged anything I did ether.
what ever I did it was never good enough.

"If you think you are ugly then you are ugly"...

OK, let's just say, that by some bizarre chance, Jessica Alba thought she was ugly

jessica-alba.jpg

Would she be ugly?

LOL seriously though, I guess if you carry yourself with low self esteem, you might be less attractive to people...maybe. I find myself to be attractive, but only with the right hairstyle and the right outfit. If I'm having a bad hair day or I just woke up, or my outfit does not fit/frame my body and I look frumpy, I feel ugly! I think we all have times/days when we just feel uggo!

No, I'm ugly. And who ever that girl is in the picture is not attractive to me.

^ Well I didn't see that one coming (someone calling the "girl in the picture", Jessica Alba unattractive just for the sake of disagreement).

Didn't see that one coming at all. :D

But anyway, my point still stands, and you can be ugly if you want, congrats.

Is she supposed to be attractive to everyone? I missed that boat. I said it because it's what I think. Not to purposely disagree with you.

jessica alba makes me smile. :D

but yeah, it's all in the eye of the beholder at the end of the day, each has their own preference and taste for what beauty consists of.

I have bad self esteem because I'm vicious to myself in a way I would never be towards others.

VanillaCreme said:
Is she supposed to be attractive to everyone? I missed that boat. I said it because it's what I think. Not to purposely disagree with you.

Well apparently she's more attractive than you are, since you fancy yourself so ugly. :rolleyes:

:D

SophiaGrace said:
I have bad self esteem because I'm vicious to myself in a way I would never be towards others.

yeah, I'm pretty harsh towards myself at times as well. I think we can usually be our own worst critic/arch-enemy, and give ourselves very little credit or grace where we would other people.

I think they mean, if you think you're ugly, then you are ugly to yourself.

suckaG said:
how would one define confidence: surefootedness? authoritative tone? speaking clearly, maintaining reasonable eye contact and a calm, relaxed demeanour? exuding a certain presence or aura?

spot on, its a self believe, knowing that what you are doing is the best way of doing something, being on top of your game, or whatever other metaphore, i think you hit the nail on the head geez.

Bluey said:

I not voted in the poll cos sometimes I think I look hot and other times I think I am ugly.

i am the same, thats why i make an effort if im going to come into contact with strangers or less connected aquaintences, with loved ones you should always appear attractive, because things/people are always more beautiful if they are appriciated

suckaG said:

spot on, its a self believe, knowing that what you are doing is the best way of doing something, being on top of your game, or whatever other metaphore, i think you hit the nail on the head geez.

Bluey said:

i am the same, thats why i make an effort if im going to come into contact with strangers or less connected aquaintences, with loved ones you should always appear attractive, because things/people are always more beautiful if they are appriciated

Latest posts

Back