Words are haunting me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hitch1983

Reaction score
Im really struggling to deal with my life right now.

every day someone tears me down and tries to make me feel bad.

The only people who dont do this are my immediate family.

you might say so what, words can hurt, and yes fair enough, you can choose not to let them get to you. but when its thrown at you every day - your confidence gets shot to hell and it eats away at you.

ive had people call me ugly flat out, or people turn it into a joke by saying looking pretty today princess.

then if thats not enough they mock my intelligence and say im slow or dumb.

and be little my achievements and say no offence but ill just do what you do and just do what i need to get the right answer than actually understand it. this is in reference to some exams at college.

im a constant joke, and its driven me to isolation. i find it hard to be around anyone because i hate the way people treat me.

i dont know how to solve any of this - death or live out a live of misery and loneliness

'There's nothing healthy about being well adjusted to a profoundly sick society' Oscar Wilde, gotta love that quote! Being a friend is just as hard as making them if they're real! Although as long as you are trying to be the best you that you can , I.e instead of saying,',that's just me so they can like it or lump it,,' i say to my kids, you are a work in progress, recognise moments when you're, angry, irritated, unreasonable etc and try to let them just flow through you,so as to become the best version of you u can. It's not about where we're going but the journey, our everyday interactions , be it a smile at a student u don't know, or just a 'gday mate'to th homeless Man U see on the street. As you practise loving kindness you'll find your relationships wil flow and grow, and ask of your friends, who are meant to have a positive impact on you, when I'm with them, am I less me or more me?first to yourself and then to others,be kind , and realise that most people spend far less time thinking about us than we realise, you sound like you are struggling in this lifetime, but that is true for all of us, most just'fake it till Ithey make it!", not a bad handy hint to cope with the surface stuff, even successful people still have nerves s and fears, just good at hiding it............inside we,re all a little scared and alone........I believe you will find friends who are true.....I believe in you😉

You can either let it tear you down, or let it make you stronger. In my experience if you find the strength to show it doesn't affect you, people tend to stop trying to break you down. People hurt others mostly because they hate themselves, and need others to feel the same way. This to shall pass, and you'll be the bigger and stronger person for not letting it change you. Don't let others dictate who you are ( as long as your a good person ). Just find a way to let it slide off your back and it will stop. Sorry you have to go through this, but trust me your not alone in this struggle.

i've discovered no path around the severity of words. they get into you and hurt you from where it really matters. time will heal your wounds but words will leave scars that never leave you.

well you must avoid as much as you can this people ,maybe this are negative people whi just want to pull you down .Try to find another circle of people that are more optimistic and succesful ones .And maybe this people treat you this way because you expect this from them ,instead focus on they way you want to treat you .An awesome guide at *link removed* will teach you how to train your subconstient mind to atrct positive things into your life ,it will unlock also your mind and will revire your brain

Latest posts

Back