Yay me!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SourGlow

Reaction score
Okay so I don't know if this is technically a success story or not because it's not too exciting or amazing or anything, but it is to me and I have no friends to share this with so I'll just do a post about it.

Okay so I'm a college student and there's s bus here that goes to Walmart. So I had made plans to catch the bus but i was running a little late and got there like 2 minutes after the scheduled arrival time. I saw a guy at the bus stop and asked him if the bus had already came and he was like "I think it comes at _:__" and I was like "but it's _:03 now." So I decided I would wait a few minutes longer just in case I hadn't missed the bus. So the guy went inside the bus shelter thingy (I don’t know what you call it) and I kind of stood outside of it. It was really really windy and I'm kind of skinny and I don't like wind blowing in my eyes so imagine a skinny girl being pushed around by wind with her hair blowing around wildly while making this face >_<. So the guy said "It's a little better in here in case you were wondering..." So I went into the bus shelter thing and sat there beside him and he continued, "because I saw your hair blowing in you face and you looked flustered..." and then the bus came lol. And we kind of crossed paths at Walmart too and I think he chuckled at my mad dash (Walmart is a scary place for me so I wasn't trying to spend more than 30 min. in there).

Well anyway, I just wanted to share that...so I did. It's not anything amazing but i felt happy about it because no one ever talks to me or notices me and only and most days I don't get any social interactions outside other than with my roommates, and it's even rarer for me to have a social interaction with someone of the opposite sex.

congrats :) i hope you talk to him more the next time you all see each other :p

Hey SourGlow!
Im happy for u! I completely understand how u feel. It feels so good to be noticed, it happened to me the other day, I was walking the dog and a guy said Hello to me and I felt so good. It must sound silly for some ppl but it was nice to me. Glad to hear Im not the only one :) Hope u see him again!

Good for you. I especially like your description of making the >_< face.

:)

If people wore a sign around their neck that said 'Lonely' I would go up and talk to them all the time (especially women ;) ). I try and talk to strangers these days, but some people find it irritating.

"flustered..."

did you say anything to him after that? any response?

Thanks guys for the support and words of encouragement. I doubt I'm going to see him again though.

spectacles said:
Hey SourGlow!
Im happy for u! I completely understand how u feel. It feels so good to be noticed, it happened to me the other day, I was walking the dog and a guy said Hello to me and I felt so good. It must sound silly for some ppl but it was nice to me. Glad to hear Im not the only one :) Hope u see him again!
Yeah I feel kind of feel for being so excited about something so little/ordinary, but those kind of experiences are so rare for me.

Minus said:
Good for you. I especially like your description of making the >_< face.

:)
LOL Thanks!

blackwave said:
If people wore a sign around their neck that said 'Lonely' I would go up and talk to them all the time (especially women ;) ). I try and talk to strangers these days, but some people find it irritating.
Me too. I don't find it irritating, but one time when I was waiting at the bus stop, this man was harassing me and kept asking me something I didn't want to answer :(.

jjam said:
"flustered..."

did you say anything to him after that? any response?

I said, "Yay, the bus is here!" and skipped away. Maybe that was kind of rude but...I don't know. What was I supposed to say?

Latest posts

Back