Yo

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Well it's Friday night and I'm hanging out alone browsing the internet again. A little about me: I'll be 27 in a couple of weeks. I've never been in a relationship. I've had sex once but barely remember it because I was really drunk. I have no friends within my 50 mile radius. I live alone: no roommates, no pets (I'd get a dog but my building doesn't allow them). I've been working hard to beat my social anxiety but am starting to think it's lost cause at this point. If you don't have friends, you can't make friends. I hate myself.

Hi welcome to the Forum, hopefully you can meet some people here. Sorry you are struggling with social anxiety, there is some great information and support throughout the forum and even some entertainment. :)

What up, biatch!

[video=youtube]

You gotta love Jesse, man. Hey, I feel you. I feel all of you. Nice.

Anyway, I can totally relate to your crap. Not having friends sucks, it makes it hard to make friends, and well, I also feel that part of my brain works to well. Formally welcome(d?)! By me! Yes! It doesn't get much better than that, does it?

Hi there and welcome, I hope you find what you are looking for here :).

likeaspacemonkey said:
What up, biatch!

[video=youtube]

You gotta love Jesse, man. Hey, I feel you. I feel all of you. Nice.

Anyway, I can totally relate to your crap. Not having friends sucks, it makes it hard to make friends, and well, I also feel that part of my brain works to well. Formally welcome(d?)! By me! Yes! It doesn't get much better than that, does it?

Ha! The headline was indeed written in Jesse's voice so it's awesome that someone read it properly.

secretlycanadian said:
Hey everyone! Well it's Friday night and I'm hanging out alone browsing the internet again. A little about me: I'll be 27 in a couple of weeks. I've never been in a relationship. I've had sex once but barely remember it because I was really drunk. I have no friends within my 50 mile radius. I live alone: no roommates, no pets (I'd get a dog but my building doesn't allow them). I've been working hard to beat my social anxiety but am starting to think it's lost cause at this point. If you don't have friends, you can't make friends. I hate myself.

Could you get a cat if your building doesn't allow dogs?

Pure bred rats are also really social and sweet pets if you think having a pet would help.

Do they have meetup.com groups in your area? Sometimes you can make good friends through those groups.

Sometimes seeing a good therapist can help, it seems like you have low self-esteem if you hate yourself.

Welcome to the forum! =) Hope you enjoy your time here. Hopefully you'll meet a lot of new friends on here.

theglasscell said:
secretlycanadian said:

Could you get a cat if your building doesn't allow dogs?

Pure bred rats are also really social and sweet pets if you think having a pet would help.

Do they have meetup.com groups in your area? Sometimes you can make good friends through those groups.

Sometimes seeing a good therapist can help, it seems like you have low self-esteem if you hate yourself.

No can't get a cat either. I've considered getting a rat but I'm afraid of it escaping and getting into someone else's apartment. I am considering getting a tortoise though.

I have been going to Meetup events. I've been to 5 or 6 of them and haven't made any lasting connections yet.

As for therapy, I've tried a couple different psychologists and am currently on the antidepressant carousel. It's helped a little bit in that I can now talk to strangers a little easier but progress has been painfully slow overall.

Latest posts

Back