YOU ARE NOT DEPRESSED

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lomojojo

Reaction score
[/align]Hey guys I haven't visited this forum in a while. Hello again for those who know me. There's something I'd like to share with everyone here please read and enjoy I think this is meant to be applied every day of our lives. It was written by Facundo Cabral you may or may not know him. He was an Argentinean singer and song writer and a very spiritual and wise man. I heard this essay in Spanish and I translated to English to share with you...

[align=center]YOU ARE NOT DEPRESSED

You are not depressed, you are distracted. You are distracted from life, the life that inhabits you. The life that surrounds you: dolphins, forests, seas, mountains, rivers…

Don’t fall into the trap your brother/sister did, suffering because of one human being when there are more than 5600 million of them in the world.
Anyway it’s not so bad to be by yourself. I enjoy it, choosing every moment what I want to do. Thanks to this solitude I know myself, which is fundamental to live.

Don’t end up like your father, feeling old because he is 70 years old, forgetting that Moses led the exodus when he was 80 and Rubinstein interpreted Chopin like nobody else when he was 90, just to cite two well-known examples.

You are not depressed; you are distracted that’s why you believe you have lost something, which is impossible, because everything was given to you. You did not make a single hair of your head so you can’t be the owner. Furthermore, life does not take away from you, it frees you up. It makes you lighter so that you can fly higher and reach your full potential. From cradle to grave, life is a school, and those predicaments you call problems are indeed lessons.

You didn’t lose anybody; the one who died just got ahead, since we are all going there. In fact, the best of him/her, “the love”, still lives in your heart.
Who could say that Jesus is dead? There is no death, only a move, and on the other side there are some wonderful people awaiting: Gandhi, Michelangelo, Whitman, St. Augustine, Mother Theresa, perhaps your grandmother and my mother, who believed that poverty is actually closer to what we call Love, because money distracts us with too many things, and pulls us away by making us distrustful..

Do what you love and you will be happy; those who do what they love, are blessed and destined to success, which will arrive, because that which must be, is, and will be naturally.
Don’t do anything out of obligation or awkwardness, do it instead out of love. Only then there will be fulfillment in your life, and with fulfillment everything is possible; it’s possible without any effort because what moves you is the natural force of life, the same force that raised me when the plane crashed with my wife and my daughter on board, the same which kept me alive when doctors diagnosed that I would only live 3 or 4 more months.

God has put you in charge of a human being, and that is yourself. You must make yourself free and happy first, then you will be able to share true life with others.

Remember Jesus words: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Make peace with yourself, stand in front of the mirror and think that the creature you are looking at is God’s masterpiece who is able to choose to be happy right now because happiness is an acquisition.,
Happiness is not a right you have but a duty, because if you are not happy, you are making sad those who love you. Remember, just one man who had no talent or courage to live, ordered the execution of six million Jewish brothers and sisters.

There are so many things to enjoy and appreciate and life is so short that suffering is a waste of time. We have, the snow in the winter; flowers in the spring, The Chocolate, The French baguette, The Mexican tacos, The Chilean wine, seas and rivers, Brazilian soccer, The Thousand and One Nights, the Divine Comedy, Don Quixote, Pedro Paramo, Manzanero’s ballads, Whitman’s poems, Mahler’s music, Mozart, Chopin, Beethoven, Caravaggio, Rembrandt’s paintings, Velasquez, Picasso and Tamayo, among many other wonders.

And if you have cancer or AIDS, two things can happen and both of them are good. If it wins, it releases you from the annoying body: I am hungry, I am cold, I’m sleepy, I feel like it, I am right, I have doubts … and if you win, you will be more humble, more grateful, therefore, much more easily happy, free from the tremendous burden of guilt, responsibility, and vanity, ready to live each moment fully, the way it should be lived.

You are not depressed, you are just unoccupied. Help the child who needs you, that child who someday will be associated with your child. Help older people, and young people will help you when you get old. Service to others is absolutely guaranteed happiness, as certain as enjoying taking care of nature and the environment for those to come.

Give without measure and you will receive without measure.
Love ‘til you become the loved, even further! Love until you become love it-self!

And never let a few homicidal or suicidal distract you neither confuse you; Goodness is majority, but you don’t realize it because it’s silent; a bomb makes much more noise than a hug, but for every bomb that destroys, there are millions of hugs that nourish life.

Is worth it don’t you think?

Latest posts

Back