You wake up and it's there

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niantiel

Reaction score
You wake up and it's there. And all the things you were going to do today that you said you'd do yesterday, you lost all motivation to do. Your logical mind knows that this is a bad idea, but this is something that doesn't listen to logic. Half of you wants to break everything around you in a rage and the other half of you wants to just roll back over and go back to bed. And yet, entirely without reason or trigger. One day you're fine, the next, you're wanting to forget it all.

An excellent description of what it can be like. Especially the feeling angry part.

You might try promising yourself you will do just half an hour of.. (whatever you need to do, say tidying your room, doing some other chores, whatever) and see how it goes.

Often I find it shakes the inertia off and I actually do much more than 30 mins.

If not, well at least I have done something in that half an hour...

I've been there before. Not a good place to be at all.
Have you thought about letting the rage out? In a healthy way, of course. Something like a punching bag or boxing or something along those lines. Not only would it get you up to do something, it would allow you to expel some of the rage and make you feel a little better.

Niantiel said:
You wake up and it's there. And all the things you were going to do today that you said you'd do yesterday, you lost all motivation to do. Your logical mind knows that this is a bad idea, but this is something that doesn't listen to logic. Half of you wants to break everything around you in a rage and the other half of you wants to just roll back over and go back to bed. And yet, entirely without reason or trigger. One day you're fine, the next, you're wanting to forget it all.

for the past 5 months I have been repeating every evening: "tomorrow I will do this and that", only to lose motivation 5 minutes after getting up. It's amazing really how days go by without noticing…
I wonder why the fluctuation happens, being ok one day being in pieces another day, it feels like being completely fragile and being broken by any small thing that happens - I was fine when I woke up, then I saw something that remembered me someone who really didn't like me, and here we go again.. stupid mood.

PS if you half of it is rage, pick the rage! try to express it without hurting anyone, but that rage is the reason behind depression, rage is your life strength, is your soul (or it could be the ego, most probably really) screaming "I didn't get what I wanted", and the rest is just a cover.
The rage pushes you away from the bed, and in a sense that is a good thing.
Hope you can reconnect with that rage…

Peaches said:
PS if you half of it is rage, pick the rage! try to express it without hurting anyone, but that rage is the reason behind depression, rage is your life strength, is your soul (or it could be the ego, most probably really) screaming "I didn't get what I wanted", and the rest is just a cover.

In the sense that it gets you up and moving, it is definitely a good thing. But, if you let it go on too long, it's a bad thing because it will overwhelm you and eat you alive. It makes it harder to let go of the anger. Anger is an emotion that is easier to handle (for me, at least) than other emotions, so I always chose it. Got me in a lot of trouble, because when it reaches the point that it did for me, I didn't care who or where I directed it, as long as I directed it at someone other than me.
So, yes, pick the rage to get you moving, but be careful to keep it in check.

TheRealCallie said:
Peaches said:

So, yes, pick the rage to get you moving, but be careful to keep it in check.

thanks I was going to mention that :)

Latest posts

Back