You'll find a relationship as soon as you stop trying to find one.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4No1 said:
But it's not a dating site and it pobably doesn't work as a dating, people talk here and this is how it considered to work(at least I think so). Some people can say the things you like, other can say the things you don't like(it works in real life too). And more over in the internet you mostly never know who's on other side, it could be anyone in fact even an aritificial neutral net(maybe I'm a little bit in a future). Sometimes people don't mean what you think of their posts as a non verbal information is lost.
I also doubt there's a place anywhere where everyone likes everyone, but there are still the options between everyone and nobody.

I've been on a special penpal sites and even there answer may be 1 in 10. Besides the fact people here can be not interestred in PM with a person they don't know(or may be at all as the prefer open chating), maybe there are not so many people from UK.

About a statement if you don't look(don't want) for the relationship - you don't care if you don't have them and don't fix. It can work in some cases but if you  close at home so how can you find anything then? I can tell you even that the Earth is flat and the Sun goes around it as it's true, I even can really believe it and tell it not because I want you to believe in a nonsence, but it doesn't stop the Earth turning. People can tell anything, can share their experience in a form they do, some of them do really believe that their experience is the only possible way, but the conclusions are yours.

As for me I think that completely stopping the tries won't work but maybe change the tactics(have no idea how it can be done) can work.

I know it's not a dating website, but with the nature of the forum being "loneliness", I wouldn't think it's beyond the realms of possibility to meet someone who's looking for a connection as much as  I am.

Personally, I think "you'll find a relationship when you stop trying" is basically saying that you need to be okay with being alone first. Stop trying so hard, stop being desperate, etc. If you are looking for a relationship to make you "happy," sorry, but you'll never be happy, even if you get a relationship, because that's putting WAY too much pressure on the other person, whether they know about it or not.

As for finding a like minded person on a site for the lonely, there are many reasons people are here, not all of the people are single, some aren't ready for a relationship, some just want to be able to talk to strangers or find some common ground to make them not feel as alone because others are in the same situation. So yeah, if you want any chance of finding a connection here, whether it's a romantic relationship or a platonic one, I would suggest you get a little more involved in the forum and not just complain all the time.

Forgottendanfan said:
4No1 said:
But it's not a dating site and it pobably doesn't work as a dating, people talk here and this is how it considered to work(at least I think so). Some people can say the things you like, other can say the things you don't like(it works in real life too). And more over in the internet you mostly never know who's on other side, it could be anyone in fact even an aritificial neutral net(maybe I'm a little bit in a future). Sometimes people don't mean what you think of their posts as a non verbal information is lost.
I also doubt there's a place anywhere where everyone likes everyone, but there are still the options between everyone and nobody.

I've been on a special penpal sites and even there answer may be 1 in 10. Besides the fact people here can be not interestred in PM with a person they don't know(or may be at all as the prefer open chating), maybe there are not so many people from UK.

About a statement if you don't look(don't want) for the relationship - you don't care if you don't have them and don't fix. It can work in some cases but if you  close at home so how can you find anything then? I can tell you even that the Earth is flat and the Sun goes around it as it's true, I even can really believe it and tell it not because I want you to believe in a nonsence, but it doesn't stop the Earth turning. People can tell anything, can share their experience in a form they do, some of them do really believe that their experience is the only possible way, but the conclusions are yours.

As for me I think that completely stopping the tries won't work but maybe change the tactics(have no idea how it can be done) can work.

I know it's not a dating website, but with the nature of the forum being "loneliness", I wouldn't think it's beyond the realms of possibility to meet someone who's looking for a connection as much as  I am.

This is a little off topic. I've been reading a few threads now. Just wanted to tell you something. You said you tried sending PMs to people. Some of them may not appreciate receiving PMs from random unknown people. I know that others did tell you this. But what I wanna add is, you know that people can look up posts from you, right? Consider that part too. It is a good way to judge people by what they post overall rather than what they say in one private message or one post. People whom you private message to, they can and may look up your posts and when they do, what exactly do you want them to see? I'd say, have some substance for the demand. I am not trying to put you down. Just something that I thought of. I maybe wrong. You don't have to listen to me. It is up to you. This is my subjective opinion. Peace.

Sanal said:
Forgottendanfan said:
4No1 said:

This is a little off topic. I've been reading a few threads now. Just wanted to tell you something. You said you tried sending PMs to people. Some of them may not appreciate receiving PMs from random unknown people. I know that others did tell you this. But what I wanna add is, you know that people can look up posts from you, right? Consider that part too. It is a good way to judge people by what they post overall rather than what they say in one private message or one post. People whom you private message to, they can and may look up your posts and when they do, what exactly do you want them to see? I'd say, have some substance for the demand. I am not trying to put you down. Just something that I thought of. I maybe wrong. You don't have to listen to me. It is up to you. This is my subjective opinion. Peace.

Yes, you make some valid points. I'm not always quite as negative as this. Just in a pretty bad mindset today.

P.S. The only people I message are those whose posts I've read and seem open to the idea of being messaged. It's not just a purely random process.

Latest posts

Back