Your Childhood Television Shows

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Good Citizen said:
I remember once walking down a quite country lane no one around and a He Man figure was just stood up in the middle of the road fully armed looking like it was about to attck me. After a brief stand off I kicked it over the hedge, master of the universe my arse!

You're just lucky Battlecat wasn't there, bucko!

[/quote]
You're just lucky Battlecat wasn't there, bucko!
[/quote]

Ha! Again, clearly just Cringer with a funky saddle on his back. Worst disguises ever!

The updated He-Man cartoon was a lot better in dual identities. You had to love the gratuitous butt shots they had in that cartoon though. Animators in the eighties were huge perverts.

Sci-Fi said:
The updated He-Man cartoon was a lot better in dual identities. You had to love the gratuitous butt shots they had in that cartoon though. Animators in the eighties were huge perverts.

Apparently it was released to coincide with the toy range by Mattel rather than say the Vintage Star Wars range where the film came first and they Toys were released as an after thought.

Now Vintage Star Wars figures have made a hole in my pocket down the years. Mint on Card 12 Back's used to get my nerdy juices flowing. And I wonder why I am now single :p

That was common in the eighties, it was done with G.I.Joe ARAH as well. Animated shorts, toy, and comic all released to promote the toyline.

let's see...

Rugrats, Doug, Are you afraid of the dark, All that, Salute your shorts, Hey Arnold, Rocko's modern life, Kenan and Kel, Looney Tunes (Bugs bunny and stuff), really old cartoons like Popeye, Garfield, Scooby Doo, Jetson's, Flintstones, Inspector Gadget.

Back when kids tv had a bugdet of about £1.50...

[youtube]gu0o6u1VmGE[/youtube]

Ahhhh! So that cartoon was called ReBoot! I only ever saw it once, when I was about 5, but I liked it.

Taken all these years to find out what it was :D

And the Raccoons...so many memories there, watching that intro was like going back to my childhood ^^

Tiswas- A saturday morning show for naughty kids, which consisted of throwing gunge, slime and custards pies over guests, presenters and children (who would often cry)-
[video=youtube]

Children of the Stones- This just scared the willies out of me and went down as the scariest British kid's series ever-
[video=youtube]

The Clangers- the sweetest little creatures ever and they live on the moon.
[video=youtube]

Oh let's see here, the shows that were on TV when I was a little girl were things like Howdy Doody, Queen for a Day, Art Linkletter, Whats' My Line, Men Into Space, Roy Rogers, Sky King, Sea Hunt with Lloyd Bridges, the original Superman, the GE College Bowl, and soaps like A Brighter Day and As the World Turns.

Yeah I know I'm dating myself here, but it's safer than dating anyone else.

Sesame street. Before that, it is hazy, but I do remember Romper Room.

I was more into Cartoons, I think.

Latest posts

Back