Your Dream Job

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian said:
Firefighter/Paramedic, City of Portland Fire Department.

I actually tested for Firefighter/EMT at Portland earlier this year. I didn't score high enough on the written, though :\ It's a weird test. More or less has nothing to do with firefighting...

That, or a gourmet chef.

My dad was an air traffic controller for 30 years. It was a really good job for him, but very stressful and the hours were crazy.

From what I hear it's not the greatest job to be going in to now though. He advised me against it. The starting pay was knocked down, and apparently now they have it to where if you transfer to a different facility somewhere else in the country you go straight to the bottom of the pay scale no matter where you're at on it. And nowadays, or at least at his last facility, they're appointing supervisors based mainly on their degrees...my dad always had horror stories of one supervisor hovering over his shoulder trying to tell him what to do at tense moments. Apparently she had never even sat at a radar screen, and there were some occasions where if he had listened to her there would have been collisions o_o

They have changed many things about pay and other things. Part of the reason I am stuck in North Mexico/South Texas. I don't want to take the chance of having to start over again. I don't sit in front of a radar anymore. I kick back in the tower now.

bish33 said:
They have changed many things about pay and other things. Part of the reason I am stuck in North Mexico/South Texas. I don't want to take the chance of having to start over again. I don't sit in front of a radar anymore. I kick back in the tower now.

Lol, cool. My dad went the other way around...he started out working the tower at Chino AFB and then moved to SoCal (and later NorCal) TRACON.

A traveling veterinarian. People all over the world would ask for my help, because I would be the best in the field. That way, I'd travel to my heart's content *and* cure poor, sick animals at the same time xD

Ah, if only ...

Definitely a senior political strategist/adviser or primary speechwriter to someone with a relatively large political jurisdiction.
Or a Pussycat Doll.

Honestly. Either one. Both remarkably unattainable goals. I need to work on...well, reality.

I would like to work in the British Embassy of any foreign country. Preferably Switzerland.

Fender said:
LonelyDragon said:
That's pretty much mine. Anyone know who Chip Foose is? From Overhaulin'. I wanted to be him. And I might have been too if I had kept my shop open. :(

Yeah Foose is awesome. Love his work. What kind of shop did you have? Any pointers to someone who wants to open one eventually?

Have enough money set aside to get tools. It seems like I'm always needing something else. A lift and shop quality air compressor with all the necessary air tools are of course a must.

Also, make friends in related areas. They are invaluable when you need something done outside of your area of expertise. For example, I'm no body man. So I had business friends who were and who met my level of quality. We would often trade off work.

And have your shop away from your house. Keep the two separate. You'll be happier.

I still struggling to find my dream job.

Strategic forecaster would be fun job but I do not like the effects of war.
One of the important factors for counsellors is the ability to connect to the client through feelings.I am quite insensitive and fiercely logical.
CEO of a big company is really tiring

My dream job nowadays?

To get paid well to do what I am doing right now: Absolutely nothing.

Surprisingly I have yet to receive any offers.

I wish I could make beautiful music that could really move people. I also wish I could direct videogame developments.

not that i have any skill in this area...would love to be a travel photographer, paying your way round the globe by capturing really stunning photos of different landscapes, cultural festivals, people in their local environment etc

Latest posts

Back