Your Feelings After a Breakup?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NotDarkYet

Reaction score
The feelings you get are very confusing at times.I suppose it depends on the manner of the breakup on how you'll feel.

I know I don't want to get back with my ex, but I still really love and care for her.

Regardless of the manner of breakup, you still want someone around who has all those qualities that you liked about her - but there are things you didn't like that make you not want to get back together with her (if nothing else, then the reason you broke up in the first place). But, yeah, it can be confusing

Anyway, sorry to hear about your breakup.

Yeah, that's very true.You miss the company of someone you got on with so well, after being together for so long.

Thanks mate.Appreciate it.

There's nothing like the suffering of losing a close person.. be it lover, relative, friend..
I suggest you fill the void ASAP with other people. Get out and connect back to the people you've lost touch with during the relationship.

Yeah the feelings after a break up will always baffle me. I still have Love for all the Girls who have ever meant anything to me in my life. Part of me wants to be with them again. Part of me wants to still know them now. At the same time though, part of me Hates them. Part of me wants to see them suffer for how they made me feel. I usually have debates in my head on what I should and shouldn't do after a break up. So far, the negative debate has always won. I always have nothing to do with the Girl. I always keep the Girl away from me and make sure I do my bit to stay away from them. Usually, I like to think that they get or have got their just desserts. Might sound evil but it's how I feel so I don't care :D

@ perfanoff - Yeah, that's true.Luckily I've got good friends and family.Still deciding where to go about my next move in terms of a relationship.In a way I can't be bothered, 'cause it's so much work at times.

@ Gutted - I get you there mate :).I'm kinda the opposite mind, I tend to want them to do really well. But that's one thing I won't be doing, keeping in touch.It's not fair on any new patners you both move on to.

Thanks for the reply guys.

NotDarkYet said:
The feelings you get are very confusing at times.I suppose it depends on the manner of the breakup on how you'll feel.

I know I don't want to get back with my ex, but I still really love and care for her.

Before I met and married my wife, I had several relationships that did not work out.

I still think about them from time to time.

I think it is normal to have feelings for anyone that you love and spend time with. I'd be worried if you didn't admit you still have feelings for this woman.

This is life. It sucks, but also has the potential for greatness. Hopefully, when you are ready, you'll give it another go.

True.You never really forget anyone you've had in your life.They'll dissapear from your mind for a long time, but they'll always pop in now and then.

Was a little down at first, but looking forward to life from here on in.

Thanks Tom.

Jip, confusion, sadness, anger, basicaly all the possible human emotions all at once. Me and my girlfriend broke up a week ago, we tried to salvage it but there were small things that just couldn't be resolved on both sides. Hope time will heal this wounds and I can lift my head again and get myself to believe that there is someone else out there for me.

I feel lots of confusion still. Heartbroken. He went through a lot and I tried to help him get through bad times but nothing worked... I won't ever go back to him but I hope he solves his anger problem before he gets a new girlfriend.

I think it depends on the manner of the breakup, like you said. I've never known anyone to break up completely mutually so one is always hurting more than the other due to the rejection I guess. I would feel pretty sad after a breakup, because I'm not the type to break up with someone without trying everything in my power to save the relationship. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you, but don't give up hope. Where you say it's too much work, I see it as worth the effort.

My exact feelings at this point. Gives me a bad feeling in my chest every evening unless I focus on other things. I think having a complete understanding of the situation really helps everything. Knowing there is nothing you can do, to fix the situation.

Yeah.. I still get stomach aches from our break up, I hate it. I just want my joy back again. I feel like I got robbed but much worse. :(

WallflowerGirl83 said:
I feel like I got robbed but much worse. :(

My sentiments exactly. I feel like I was robbed 5 years of my life and so much more.

After my break up, I felt less stressed. Getting out of a very stressful relationship made me feel relieved and allowed me to find myself again.

Empty and used, nervous stomach, no appetite, too many tears, dont want to get out of bed, dont understand why people are so mean to each other, i feel like a fool.

Latest posts

Back