Your First real relationship ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
social anxiety has everything to do with it. you cant start relationships unless your'e willing to go up to people and talk to them. I dont do this because the mere thought of approaching someone i dont know, makes me nervous to the point of being nauseous.

can i break the cycle? yes. but it often requires a great deal of alcohol to overcome my nerves.

daddymack said:
social anxiety and low self esteem has nothing to with it... your not the only in one in the world who suffers from it, people still have relationship through it all.... its not that hard... just speak up.... they have all type of dating sites... all type of places where people can nicely be social you have clubs where no one judges you because their all there to have fun you cant use the excuse " i feel ugly " nowadays people like ugly people anywayz

This is the second ignorant comment about this I have seen from you... thanks for giving us people with social anxiety a trivialising kick up the ass but you really have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to this.

Dexter said:
daddymack said:
Blossomforth said:
i've never been in a relationship before. social anxiety mixed with low self esteem kinda does that to oneself. i've had my share of crushes and dates, but nothing really stuck for me.

social anxiety and low self esteem has nothing to with it... your not the only in one in the world who suffers from it, people still have relationship through it all.... its not that hard... just speak up.... they have all type of dating sites... all type of places where people can nicely be social you have clubs where no one judges you because their all there to have fun you cant use the excuse " i feel ugly " nowadays people like ugly people anywayz

Well, social anxiety can make it really difficult to approach other people. So it can prevent you from making friends or finding a partner. It is not as easy as "just speak up".

And to answer the question of the thread: I didn't have a relationship so far.

like ive said once before there are many ways to date

ardour said:
daddymack said:

it should be called relational anxiety - extends to more than social situations or getting-to-know-you chat. Low self-image makes it difficult to function in a close relationship with someone; the awkwardness of being that close, the fear of being dumped and having all the negative ideas about yourself confirmed.

well the cycle can be broken personally if your open minded you think people with high self esteem and attractive people do not get turnt down? or got dump before ? trust me a lot of people have you just have to learn to get over it, its very simple your just like everyone else in the world no one likes to be dump teased or get turnt down but guess what ? millions of people have that happen to them before so your would just fit right in

painter said:
daddymack said:

This is the second ignorant comment about this I have seen from you... thanks for giving us people with social anxiety a trivialising kick up the ass but you really have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to this.

well stop going to my threads, i can care less of what you think i feel anxiety is no excuse in my eyes there are millions of people who suffer through anxiety but their not just moping around

Blossomforth said:
social anxiety has everything to do with it. you cant start relationships unless your'e willing to go up to people and talk to them. I dont do this because the mere thought of approaching someone i dont know, makes me nervous to the point of being nauseous.

can i break the cycle? yes. but it often requires a great deal of alcohol to overcome my nerves.

you can break it, its really not as hard as you think you just have to be open minded on what really is the damage that can actually happen to you when you step your foot outside, there are millions of un attractive people in this world stepping outside freely and happily ... if a woman that is 500 pounds that can socialize and go to work every single day then i know you can. and im pretty sure she has low self esteem in a way, but still

You "can care less"? lol what does that even mean? If you can care less, then why don't you? You are saying that you do care a little bit? You must do, in order to be able to care less.

And this isn't "your" thread, it's someone else's, not to mention it's public, so no, I wont stop going to them, I will however continue to point out your ignorance whenever you display it. There is a lot more to social anxiety than you could possibly imagine. Many people experience it for different reasons - some may have it naturally, others may have had bad experiences (ptsd) like from being physically and/or sexually assaulted, many people are mentally ill and you come along and say "hurr durr sowshial anckzieties is ez 2 conquere all u have 2 do is tell urself u r strong lol it is ez also if u compare urself 2 a fat person lolz"

You clearly have zero clue what you are talking about and I find it insulting.

painter said:
You "can care less"? lol what does that even mean? If you can care less, then why don't you? You are saying that you do care a little bit? You must do, in order to be able to care less.

And this isn't "your" thread, it's someone else's, not to mention it's public, so no, I wont stop going to them, I will however continue to point out your ignorance whenever you display it. There is a lot more to social anxiety than you could possibly imagine. Many people experience it for different reasons - some may have it naturally, others may have had bad experiences (ptsd) like from being physically and/or sexually assaulted, many people are mentally ill and you come along and say "hurr durr sowshial anckzieties is ez 2 conquere all u have 2 do is tell urself u r strong lol it is ez also if u compare urself 2 a fat person lolz"

You clearly have zero clue what you are talking about and I find it insulting.

it means i couldn't care less but the slang version i mean its really common sense and not technical, but i guess some people who wants to feel intelligent like to you act a certain way when it comes to definition and spelling, but okay whatever.

im pretty sure i would know what the anxiety i have talking to plenty of people you wouldn't believe how many people i talk to more people then you could imagine lol
ive talk to people who had all kinda of disease who been raped of course that's the common one and everyone had bad experiences before but then you start spelling words incorrect and i got confused so i have no clue what your talking about at the end.

its not about teasing fat people or comparing fat people to others its about the fact that the high % of anxiety and the most common were people who are over weight, and im saying plenty of them walk out the house can atleast find some type of true love or happiness

in my opinion " MOST " (not saying all ) people use the excuse of anxiety for every single thing

I'm in it right now. Perhaps that's jumping the gun a little since I only met her Friday after some back + forth online messaging. I stayed with her overnight (got carried away drinking/talking and missed the train, lol) and seeing her again this Saturday. We seem to have loads in common yet enough differences for each of us to learn new things. So far, so good.

Heisenburger said:
I'm in it right now. Perhaps that's jumping the gun a little since I only met her Friday after some back + forth online messaging. I stayed with her overnight (got carried away drinking/talking and missed the train, lol) and seeing her again this Saturday. We seem to have loads in common yet enough differences for each of us to learn new things. So far, so good.

lol !!!

For the record, im perfectly happy being single. Im open minded to relationships, but im not going to go out of my way in search of one.

Blossomforth said:
For the record, im perfectly happy being single. Im open minded to relationships, but im not going to go out of my way in search of one.

okay

First 'real' relationship ... and so far my only 'real', non-online relationship ... started 19 years ago, at the end of 1995. At first I felt wonderful. Really wonderful. For the first time in my life, someone was showing interest in me. Someone was willing to be around me, and go out with me ... even if it seemed to always be with her friends along as well. I can remember feeling a boost in confidence, and like everything was finally clicking in to place. I felt more motivation to do things. I did puzzle over why she always avoided any type of physical contact with me (we never held hands, or hugged, and even sitting next to each other she would make sure we weren't close enough to touch), yet she would be quite physically affectionate with her male friends. I didn't want to ask though. Didn't want to question it, because ... well, I believed her when she said that she loved me.

Of course, I found out why eventually. But I still remember what it felt like to feel wanted. Accepted. And loved. It's just tainted by knowing it was never true on her part ....

Latest posts

Back