Your World: friend or foe?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where I live, I don't think that a lot of people are bad. Everyone thinks that a lot of people are bad. People who have never even been to my area have negative preconceptions of the area and it's people because it's seen as that bad. Even on Wikipedia, my area is described as being something like the worst off area in the country. Or most deprived or something :S

Gutted said:
Where I live, I don't think that a lot of people are bad. Everyone thinks that a lot of people are bad. People who have never even been to my area have negative preconceptions of the area and it's people because it's seen as that bad. Even on Wikipedia, my area is described as being something like the worst off area in the country. Or most deprived or something :S

I grew up in an area that most people would look upon as a ghetto. I didn't perceive it that way when I was growing up there, but that's how middle class people perceive it. It has produced some villains and some outstanding people. George Best, the finest British footballer that ever lived grew up there, as did Van Morrison; famous musician.

I couldn't give a fresia what people think of where I grew up as it's not where you grew up and where you are now living that matters. It's how you feel inside. If you are depressed and unhappy it doesn't matter if you live in the most beautiful, high status area in your country, you're not going to enjoy it.

Solitary man said:
If you are depressed and unhappy it doesn't matter if you live in the most beautiful, high status area in your country, you're not going to enjoy it.

Perfectly sums it up.

Trent said:
for me, life is pretty much a joke

i mean, i believe in God actually, and i don't think life is a joke to God

but in the sense that i will never live as i was intended to, THAT is THE joke

as for people sucking? lmao

i've been betrayed by:

- my father
- my mother
- grandparents
- brothers and sisters
- best friends
- coworkers
- teachers, mentors
- every woman i've given my heart and soul to

yah, so come on world? surprise me.

NO BETRAYAL would ever surprise me. never again.

that is why life is a joke to me.

because i will never again experience what i think we are intended to experience.

Trust
Family
Community
Love

i do feel love, but love is not what i used to perceive it as.

i used to have to trust, to love. because i was concerned what was in it for me. did this person make me happy, etc. now i realize that everyone is completely messed up and can't make me happy. so, now, my love is more like that of a creator - just love with no conditions.

wanting what is best for a person.

not wanting a person to feel pain.

hoping that a person is content and happy and fulfilled.

but knowing that - in the end - i can't be any of those things, because people don't understand the concept of "apprecation". and never will.

so, my ambitions for fulfillment in this world have been taken down a notch...

from wife, kids, family, happy home, true companionship

to

creature comforts: a warm bed, a decent meal, a good lager, perhaps a vicodin to boot, wtf right?

and eventually i will die...of something...not sure what.

i just hope it isn't:

- an animal attack
- drowning
- plane crash
- or other mass disaster

when i'm gone, i hope it rains like that Alice in Chains song: Rain When I Die

when i go, i will be ready to go, for i will be leaving behind nothing of any substance...only illusion

relate?

:(

I hope that you're feeling better about your life's prospects, Trent. No matter how you feel, I am sure that there ARE people who would mourn the loss of you in their lives.

What's it like in your world? Are the people friendly, genuine, likeable and trustworthy? Or like me, have you discovered that no matter how nice you are, the world is a hostile place from which you are coerced to seek sanctuary?

It's a mixed bag in my wold, mostly dependent on my frame of mind. There is a great deal of truth to the idea of the self-fulfilling prophecy. Generally speaking, if I am in a negative, pessimistic frame of mind, I am more likely to expect, and therefore see, untrustworthy ******** and people ready to lie to me for no reason other than the fact that they suck.

If I am feeling more upbeat about life, inclined to see the best in people, then people and friendly, likable and trustworthy. Usually. Sometimes, a betrayal by someone I counted as a friend can set off a negative spiral.

If they're not in a hurry, or hungry, or afraid, then people are usually pretty relaxed and easy to get along with.
I find I want to like people more than they want to like me. This has always caused me pain. So on my bad days, like today, I look at the world as "there's a whole bunch of people having fun with friends out there" and then there's me, by myself. It's not "not-friend/foe", it's "they don't want to be my friend".

Sarah_Lbnz said:
If they're not in a hurry, or hungry, or afraid, then people are usually pretty relaxed and easy to get along with.
I find I want to like people more than they want to like me. This has always caused me pain. So on my bad days, like today, I look at the world as "there's a whole bunch of people having fun with friends out there" and then there's me, by myself. It's not "not-friend/foe", it's "they don't want to be my friend".

I feel your pain, my friend, as I can empathise 100%.

Yep, I've had another one of those 'outsider/alien on planet earth' days.

Oh how I long for them to beam down and take me home.

IgnoredOne said:
Trent said:
Solitary man said:
That's enough to send anyone into a deep state of depression, and you must be a strong person to have found the will to carry on.

the thought of a comet collision keeps me going

^ pure entertainment factor ^

You realize that is relatively unlikely, though?

relative to what?

i would say it's highly unlikely

Latest posts

Back