28yrs old in June, still live with parents, no job, no friends, is it all to late??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carina6192 said:
i was just wondering.... what kind of environment do you live in? is your house generally clean or messy? this can make a difference in how you feel :)

What is this? Is this a bot? Why would it do this?

You guys here are really wonderful, I must say. PARA @ OP. We have a lot in common; aside in terms of age, education and use of tobacco.

I must say that I really admire you and your courage. If it were to be some other folks in similar situation they'd probably be considering the wrong decision which I wouldn't want to mention here.

When I say I know how you feel, believe me. But I have decided not to give up; so, I'd like to advice you to keep making more efforts. I could see a lot of advice here already, you can start from there.

Im not very good at this forum thing Michael, but you sound really REALLY down. My husband didn't date much and was 50 when he finally met me. Also a virgin. He thought he was ugly, but I don't judge people by looks and we hit it off. He was 400 pounds, buck teeth and curly hair which he cuts very short cause he hates it. We were married about a year later. So do not give up. There is someone out there for you, Okay. ????
Also, my own son from my first marriage is 27, nearing 28 and just last year finally found a gal who accepts him for who HE is, they are getting married in two days! He's my only child and I've always told him he would find her, but he said he had given up, no girls ever gave him a chance. But TaDAH! Here she is, and she's wonderful. I finally have a daughter and she has two lovely kids from her first marriage so I am a grandma too! I am so excited. But I know how you feel. I have very low self-esteem and tho I'm married I spend alot of time alone, DUH! thats why Im here.
Michael said:
Im just another quarter life loser (28 yrs old) still living with my parents in fact I always live with them, never had a job, has no friends (stopped making friends since I was 13), no support network apart from ol google, never had a girlfriend and if you havent guess by now i am still a virgin and most likely will never get married. Lately I realise that my entire existence has been a downward spiral ever since I was born. Everything i tell you is the truth.

I always tell myself I love solitude. Try to believe its better without friends, ive been hiding for just over 14 years now. I found a pot when I was 14, it was then I realised I disliked myself. I stopped going to school, never finished high school and certainly never had a college education. All I did to this day was stay at home and smoking pot was my life.

Only till I was 27 I realise that something was wrong with me as my clothes got darker and so did my mind. The only thing good this year (2007) is that I stopped smoking pot. But the depression got worse. I could only hide in the dark for so long, the year is 2007 and i still wasnt really going out of the house. But i was kinda positive and started to look at myself more, Sadly i still didnt go out much and that state of mind lasted for 6 months. I have been dead for too long. Now im bored, no confidence, no social skills and certainly my self esteem is so low. Ive never had a job, I know I have to make a change right now, but where do I start. I cant hide anymore. Im sick of being weak and alone, but i know i am the only one that can help myself. I dont know where to start.

I wanted to change and do something you know be happy and be successful one day.

My question is everything to late for me to start all over again and change things around at the old age of 27, is there any chance i will ever get a good job, be successful, get married and have children?? Is it still possible even though i never graduated from high school??

Please reply guys i really really need some help before its all too late.

Stop smoking Pot dude...
Is not obvious??? Its making you lazy and unproductive as fresia...
Youre all fogged up..the side effect of smoking pot aside from being lazied and over wieght is that it makes you depressed as hell...Plus your isolating urself..which makes you even more depressed...

Get out of ur house. Start attendng support groups..dude
You start meeting people that can kind of understand you and felt what you felll..eperinced what you experinced...but found a new way to live....
Its not going to be instant gradifications...thats the disease of addiction talking to you...instantly check out. Trying to end your life is that same mind set...another instant gradiciations to all ur problems.
Dont worry dude..theres people that attend suport groups in their 40s or 50 that lost it all or never did anything.

U can debept or argue all day long whether pot is good or bad for everryone...

The piont is...it aint working for ya
and ur paying a heavy price...
Thats something ur going to have to get honest with urself with...

oviouse there has to be sometype of a pay off...in order for you to give up something or do something?

Happiness?? A decent life with a GF or wife??? Money in ur pocket so you can buy nice stuff such or go visit different places..travel the world for reals
Get high on life???

It's great to hear your story, bdsgr! I am 28, and so far haven't been on a first date or had a first kiss. I fear ending up alone, but it's wonderful to hear that even 50 year old virgins still have a chance.

Dear Michael,

Life is wonderful , life is waiting for you to do something never gave up in life .

send me your email id i will send some small stories , poems that will help you feel good my friend.

email me :

[email protected]

Narsing

Dear Michael,

email me soon Bye

Barbara said:
I’m a bitter old woman of 46 with no friends past, present and probably future. I read all of these posts and it makes me sad that there are so many of “US” out here with no friends to speak of.

I’ve come to the sad conclusion that friendship is a commodity that has a very high price in one way or another. For many years I found myself trying to buy other people’s friendship. I was the one who brought in the cookies and bought lunch for everyone on the team every few months - just trying to be nice and make other people happy. I figured out after a while that people were laughing at me as a desperate looser because I was trying too hard. I overheard several “I wish she would just quit it, she is pathetic.” comments that just hurt so bad at the time. Now I understand completely that we are all just selfish individuals that only allow friendships when it is profitable for us.

Why do we need friends? To have someone to talk to? To have someone to go out with? Selfish - nothing we do has anything to with those other people when it comes down to it. It is all about how being with other people and talking to them makes US feel. Unless you have something to offer others, something they really want, you will not have any true friends.

I’ve given up and expect to spent the rest of my life alone because I know that I have nothing to offer anyone that they might actually want. I am not attractive and I am not very interesting, so I am a pathetic looser by definition. Buying people’s friendship only lasts for a little while - until the money runs out.

As a bitter old broad I have only one thing to say… get over it or get used to it because it will never change. People are selfish by their nature and friendship is just a word that really has no meaning.

I know this post is really old but I must say that it's the realest thing I've ever heard, ever.

Michael said:
Im just another quarter life loser (28 yrs old) still living with my parents in fact I always live with them, never had a job, has no friends (stopped making friends since I was 13), no support network apart from ol google, never had a girlfriend and if you havent guess by now i am still a virgin and most likely will never get married. Lately I realise that my entire existence has been a downward spiral ever since I was born. Everything i tell you is the truth.

I always tell myself I love solitude. Try to believe its better without friends, ive been hiding for just over 14 years now. I found a pot when I was 14, it was then I realised I disliked myself. I stopped going to school, never finished high school and certainly never had a college education. All I did to this day was stay at home and smoking pot was my life.

Only till I was 27 I realise that something was wrong with me as my clothes got darker and so did my mind. The only thing good this year (2007) is that I stopped smoking pot. But the depression got worse. I could only hide in the dark for so long, the year is 2007 and i still wasnt really going out of the house. But i was kinda positive and started to look at myself more, Sadly i still didnt go out much and that state of mind lasted for 6 months. I have been dead for too long. Now im bored, no confidence, no social skills and certainly my self esteem is so low. Ive never had a job, I know I have to make a change right now, but where do I start. I cant hide anymore. Im sick of being weak and alone, but i know i am the only one that can help myself. I dont know where to start.

I wanted to change and do something you know be happy and be successful one day.

My question is everything to late for me to start all over again and change things around at the old age of 27, is there any chance i will ever get a good job, be successful, get married and have children?? Is it still possible even though i never graduated from high school??

Please reply guys i really really need some help before its all too late.

i am same as you but i am female my life is getting worse i have no say at home my da is moving in to middle of no where in new county i,ll be mile from main road and 10 miles from the nearest town.he said didn't if l find friends or not and love very unlikely for me

Im 39 , living in the UK , the last few years have been terrible for but enough about me.
Im in a similar position with my life , live on my own , Im ill as well , i can go weeks without seeing anyone.

The funny thing about life is , it can change in a whisper , and i always hope for that.Thats how i think.
You could walk to the corner shop and meet someone with a quick glance and it changes immediately , as easy as that.

Dont think about to many things , chop it down into small bits , the rest can sort later.

Ive been there 2.00am in the morning , holding all my pills , pitch black , like the walls are closing in , theres no point , and there probably wasnt , but i seen it through the night and onto the next.

The main reason for not , i dont want people saying when im gone `Told you what he was like `.

You have to find that one reason and hold onto it somehow.

Ive suffered terrible from mental illness for quite a while now , with the stigma attached to that , sometimes its unbearable , people get upset around me , ive lost that much weight , maybe 6 stone in 2 years which is alot , but i keep going and you can to...

Finally figured out what door I want to open for career options!
Oh ****, it is on now!
School here I come! :)

29 by the way

Latest posts

Back