anime

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h i

Reaction score
M Night Shymalan, the maker of 'Signs' the movie with the aliens, is making a live action of AVATAR: The Last Air Bender. i hate movies, but love cartoons and anime. I love Avatar. when i found out im like really interested, so i looked up the previews, and its like he did such an awesome job from what i can see. he got UNKNOWN people to act. which I love, really love, because i hate liars, and thats all celebrities are. I cant get into it knowing theyve lied before, but with an unknown cast, and a good movie, i kind of can get into it. :D which is rare. It also looks like he casted really good looking people for the parts. I posted on another site and someone made a comment about the kid, but i think he looks perfect for it.

i found a website that had all the anime episodes... i kind of stayed up all night watching book 3, which has 21 episodes lol but ive seen most of the episodes before from telelvision for book 1 and 2, which would of been like 20 - 40 episodes, so i skipped those. i got to see the ending episode. wow. I love that anime.

i liked soul eater too.

i watched it in jap with sub...

but Avatar is better.

Yes the previews look really good. Actually impressed and intrigued me. And from M. Night Shymalan, he has a couple good movies and a couple bad ones. But this one looks to have potential.
Look forward to seeing it.

The Japanese voices with sub are always better(in my opinion)
Those dubbed versions just don't fit the characters! But what I did hear is that there are some male chars that have been dubbed by women!
Although that kinda figures because of the high voices of the Japanese

Ja ne!

I've been away from new anime for a couple of years. Anyone have any recommendations for catching up? I have no idea what's good...

I would say Clannad and the Clannad after story. They're the best, no doubt.
Fairy tail is pretty popular lately, but you should read the manga instead of the anime because it's way better. Of course you can also just stick to naruto shippuuden or bleach

Badjedidude said:
Elfen Lied. It's pretty darn good.

lol, cuteness and blood everywhere!

Takumi said:
I would say Clannad and the Clannad after story. They're the best, no doubt.
Fairy tail is pretty popular lately, but you should read the manga instead of the anime because it's way better. Of course you can also just stick to naruto shippuuden or bleach

I remember reading Groove Adventure Rave in one marathon sitting, but unfortunately my interest didn't transfer over to Fairy Tail... Maybe I'll check out Clannad.

Badjedidude said:

----Steve

It is pretty good in a wow what i'm seeing with my eyes is totally messed up, kind of way. Also, it's sad, lol

I'm watching Fyll Metal Alchemist, I know its old but I never saw it and I wanted to watch FMA: Brotherhood, but thought it best not to till I'd actually seen the original... I like it so far, 18 episodes in, like the characters and the setting

i was at a download site for movies and saw they had an anime section. i read through the ones they had and either had no interest or had seen it. toward the end, in the 'S' section i saw 'Sumomomo Momomo' and loled at the momomo... so i clicked to try it; free. :OMG! its funny. its offensive, but funny. kind of sexist, but funny.

Anime is wonderful, it covers such a wide spectrum of people. I find I have no trouble finding an anime to match my mood. Like recently, I started Honey and Clover back up. I wanted something somber and sad. When I am in a better mood I am going to throw in Ramen Fighter Miki.

Not to mention there is the wonderful world of Fansubs out there :p it helps you get your anime fast and cheap like... cheap like as in free or virtually free. It is one of the ways I coup with my depression. I have my own informational website, sorry shameless plug. It is not very good and I have not updated it recently, but it is there. It helps me relax, and keeps my mind off of other issues.

I know a shitload of good anime, PM if you want some of the best lol.

BTW, the reason anime is enjoyable is because it is cheap to produce. Directors of anime are free to explore what they want, and include themes that may have been objected to had the budget of the piece been much bigger.

Pretty much, because there is much less risk involved in potential profit/loss, producers give directors a much longer leash, or no leash at all.

As for movies, they are still amazing. Unfortunately the only problem is cost. Because the cost is much higher the risks are bigger, and thus directors get a short leash which in turn limits their piece. Thankfully the industry is changing; rich actors are going to have to start working for SIGNIFICANTLY less money if they want to continue acting. Producers are simply sick of using half their movies budget to pay for the lead actors. I can understand that for sure and to be honest, I think it's something actors have had coming for a long time.

In the new industry, film will be produced for much lower costs. However, the potential income will not decrease all the much. This means less risk and thus more freedom for film directors.

When promised the same degree of art, and the same quality of narrative, I will always prefer a live-action film to animation.

Badjedidude said:

----Steve

Elfen Lied was excellent. It grabbed something inside of me and wrenched at it until I was forlorn and distraught. Very well done. Also, I LOVE THE SOUNDTRACK SO **** HARD.

I like anime, but I'm pretty choosy about what I watch the same way I am about books and literature.

Some of my favorites include Cowboy Bebop (another splendid soundtrack), Planetes, Last Exile (-another- good soundtrack), Elfen Lied, Spice and Wolf, and 'Welcome to the NHK', which incidentally I would highly recommend to any male who suffers from loneliness, social anxiety, and trouble with women. Somehow I find females can't relate to it like we can. Definitely check it out.

Right now I'm rewatching that, and after I'll probably finish Clannad, then watch Gun X Sword and Valkyria Chronicles which are both waiting on my harddrive.

Latest posts

Back