Anybody else get the feeling they'll be lonely forever?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless there is a change in my life and the way I go about things, there's a good chance I'll end up alone.

Yeah, that feeling is always there, stalking me, waiting patiently. It feels like for each day that pass I lose yet another chance, and I'll soon be out of chances.

I try to not think like that. I prefer to be optimistic, but the feeling is always there like I said. **** you!

Lonesome Crow said:
Well,if you had ever been put into the dog house by my ex-wife...That seems like forever too.lmao
Just think man...you're married, paying the bills, getting nagged at and ain't getting no loving.lol
To top it off, guys are hitting on her becuase she looks like a **** super model.lol

You know how hard that is to be living in TX when you're an asian islander.
Dating or married to white women. To top it off her family tells you they hate you from day one
just becuase the color of your skin.lol

You know how many times I've been rejected just becuase ?

OMG your my role model!

After what I been living through, nothing can get any harder. Except don't let those white red neck treat you like that just because of the color of your skin. The African American didn't that that BS, and hell would we take that kind of BS. I would beat the living crap out of her parents for even saying one word of racism toward me if I were you. Dam my parents survive communism and we lost everything, my dad was pointed straight in the face by a rifle, and he still manage to hold his ground, and live through one of the worst war in history, and a bunch of red neck is nothing.

Anyway you mention your island Asian? Does that mean your Hawaiian? If so, then your not Asian, your almost white if I'm not mistaken. Either way tell her racist parents to fresia off, go watch those hillbilly show like Jerry springer, and go rape some young girl. Hate if there racist, might as well drop the bomb on them.

Oh and shogun, if I remember you picture correctly, your a good looking guy, and if your so low on confidence, I wonder where that put me at, sigh lol.

I get that feeling a lot and sometimes I think of it as a good thing while other times I don't and just get depressed at the thought of being lonely when I get older.

First of all, I don't think I'll be alone forever. However I often wonder when I will meet someone decent. Decent=loving, caring, willing to commit.

Chris 2 said:
Lonesome Crow said:
Well,if you had ever been put into the dog house by my ex-wife...That seems like forever too.lmao
Just think man...you're married, paying the bills, getting nagged at and ain't getting no loving.lol
To top it off, guys are hitting on her becuase she looks like a **** super model.lol

You know how hard that is to be living in TX when you're an asian islander.
Dating or married to white women. To top it off her family tells you they hate you from day one
just becuase the color of your skin.lol

You know how many times I've been rejected just becuase ?

OMG your my role model!

After what I been living through, nothing can get any harder. Except don't let those white red neck treat you like that just because of the color of your skin. The African American didn't that that BS, and hell would we take that kind of BS. I would beat the living crap out of her parents for even saying one word of racism toward me if I were you. Dam my parents survive communism and we lost everything, my dad was pointed straight in the face by a rifle, and he still manage to hold his ground, and live through one of the worst war in history, and a bunch of red neck is nothing.

Anyway you mention your island Asian? Does that mean your Hawaiian? If so, then your not Asian, your almost white if I'm not mistaken. Either way tell her racist parents to fresia off, go watch those hillbilly show like Jerry springer, and go rape some young girl. Hate if there racist, might as well drop the bomb on them.

Oh and shogun, if I remember you picture correctly, your a good looking guy, and if your so low on confidence, I wonder where that put me at, sigh lol.

Okay, I dated two Asian men in my life. They were actually nicer than some of the white guys I met. They maybe had their issues but I never knew about them. If you are an islander Asian, then you probably look handsome. I don't think you should take rejections as a rejection against your race or color. Everyone gets rejected at some point in their life. Different blokes, different strokes.
From what I know Asian guys have a better reputation like let's say Italian men. I enjoy dating Asian men, and I am not referring to americanized Asians now, cause I find them to be less aggressive and slimy than some of the continental men. For example when I go on a date with an Asian guy, he does not stare at my breasts for like 20 minutes straight. lol. I admire that. I also often talk to some girls from Singapore and American Asians and we totally understand each other cause we can relate to the Asian mentality. They invite me to some events and the Asian men who come there are totally gentlemen. While other guys sit around like dorks, they ask women there if there is something they like to eat or drink and bring it to the women who go there. I find that very flattering and I am impressed with their good manners. I feel they treat me like a lady and not like some sex object.
Last time there was this Japanese guy who was also a guest and kept asking us if we need to eat or drink something. I also had a very interesting conversation with him, he was very intelligent and educated. I found him to be very charming.
It's a big difference compared to continental men who let the door hit you in the face lol cause "women have their rights" in continental Europe. Or the continental men who insist you need have sex with them after the fifth date. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

I'm Thai.
What dose that have anything with you wanting to hang youself every other day ?
Nothing..

If your parents went through all the hardship as you mention...
One would think they undersrtand challenges.

What makes you so special than everyone ?
Why do you wanna hang youself just because you don't look like a super model ?
Please explain your reasoning or logic of why your life is so crappy, crappy.

Are you smoking pot or drinking a lot of boozes...these are depressent.
Have you talked to any counselors ?
Have you thought about seeking professional help ?
Maybe you suffer from depression or sometype of other illness and the symtoms is depression.

Yes I'm starting to feel like it is more of a possibility than ever. I am 46 and really don't know how the older folks that I see alone do it. Ever since I was a kid I would see them on a park bench and feel bad. I guess because even back then I was lonely and was easily imagining myself ending up in the same situation.

want2connect said:
Yes I'm starting to feel like it is more of a possibility than ever. I am 46
I am your age - things just look a thousand times worse for us don't they?

We drift through life, not really talking to anyone, working away in silence, going home to an empty flat, cooking for one, getting into a cold empty bed, trying unsuccessfully to sleep, and if you do, you dream of a life you used to have thats now gone forever.

Well, thats my life anyway, maybe yours isnt so bad?

I have that feeling on a daily basis. The sad part is, I'm married. I'm in a dead end relationship with someone who can't accept that the love is over. All we do is fight and have problems and never go anywhere or have any fun. It's even worse when you want to leave and the other person threatens to harm you and themselves if you try. I just keep thinking that I'll find my window of opportunity soon and then all will be better.
Honestly, I don't think he would do severe harm, but I've heard all of the advice before. I know about police and other help, but my situation runs deeper. He keeps me trapped by my past and my troubles. I'm sure that the time will come when I find a moment.
I can understand how all of you feel. I care for someone deeply, whom I cannot be with. Someone I haven't even met in RL. I constantly spend my days trying to enjoy work as my refuge and go home just to fend off the advances of my hubby only to sometimes give in from exhaustion. Loneliness comes in so many forms.
At the moment, all I do is keep a smile and know that things will work out. Things always work out the way they are meant to be.

Sometimes I meet women out of the blue that I sense mutual interest and attraction with after just talking for a while. The discouraging part is that nothing comes of it. No one makes an attempt to exchange phone numbers, and it's most likely that we never see each other again. It's times like that when I feel nothing short of a perfect moment can take me out of my singlehood.

You ever feel like you need to be more than what you are to get there? I feel like the misery I've been living with for ages now has just stripped me of so much.

RobertJW said:
want2connect said:
Yes I'm starting to feel like it is more of a possibility than ever. I am 46
I am your age - things just look a thousand times worse for us don't they?

We drift through life, not really talking to anyone, working away in silence, going home to an empty flat, cooking for one, getting into a cold empty bed, trying unsuccessfully to sleep, and if you do, you dream of a life you used to have thats now gone forever.

Well, thats my life anyway, maybe yours isnt so bad?

Hi Robert - no it's just about the same as yours. Time passes more quickly as you age I'm also finding. It's scary.

I try not to think about that much, I decided to stop nagging myself about not having a mate. I hope I'll meet someone, but chances are pretty big that I may not. On the personality side, I'm not easy-going enough (to put it mildly), certainly too shy to talk to a guy first. On the physical side, well, let's be realistic - who would really want a girl with half her hair missing? It may not be visible right at once if you don't pay specific attention (and if a gust of wind doesn't choose that particular moment to blow at my face) but it would become apparent soon enough. Other than that, I don't consider my looks bad, I could be rather cute if not for this. Sigh.

By the way, Shogun, I remember your photo and would like to say you must be one of the best-looking guys around here. If not best-looking of all. This is an objective observation, your concerns in this area are completely unfounded.

I probably don't have to right to talk along with these guys 'cause I'm only 16. But whenever I meet someone, The first 2 weeks are great, but then...People always irritate me after a while. I always search for little imperfections and Light those out. And then I can't stand them anymore

****, relationships were so easy when i was 16... it was like "hi, wanna be my gf?" "yeah" "yay!"

im sad that those days are over... im 18 now lol.

At the young age of 24, I don't think I will be lonely forever.

But I do think there is a high possibility that it will happen.

Unless a miracle happens and cures both my chronic illness and my shyness, it's very likely...

Latest posts

Back