Are you spending Xmas alone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
Triple Bogey said:
TheRealCallie said:
Triple Bogey said:
I was reading an article about this in one of my Mam's magazines.
They suggested doing some charity work for the homeless on xmas day.
I think that's a good idea !

It's a fantastic idea, but, IMO, it shouldn't only be designated to Christmas. The homeless (and others) are in need every day of the year.

I think they do try to help throughout the year but make a special effort on Christmas day.

I also saw on the news food banks are on the increase in the UK. People can't afford to eat apparently which I think is awful. Some baroness said it's because the poor can't cook. She later apologized.

Food prices are pretty **** expensive. But, the poor can't cook? lol Wow, I can't tell you how many poor people I know (myself included) who can make a gourmet meal from scratch on very little.

Obviously she has no idea what she is talking about. She received a lot of criticism which was what she deserved !

I surely will. no christmas tree at my house for the first time in my life. In fact I had just moved to another country for work purpose. I dont feel like putting one though. I always live alone even when I was in my own country but here it's a bit different, I attended events to get in touch and make news friends though,

Peaches said:
ringwood said:
EveWasFramed said:
cumulus.james said:
Talk of christmas makes me want to rape myself with a parsnip.

I had to laugh. I didn't want to, but I did. A parsnip.

Wouldn't a cucumber or large carrot be preferable?! :p

Parsnips are bigger. And more flexible.

I'm sorry, call me a prude if you want, but I hardly see this as something to joke about.

TheRealCallie said:
Peaches said:
ringwood said:
EveWasFramed said:
cumulus.james said:

I'm sorry, call me a prude if you want, but I hardly see this as something to joke about.

Guess it depends on your sense of humour. :p:D
Apparently yours and mine (and others) don't mesh. Oh well, each to his own.

ringwood said:
TheRealCallie said:
Peaches said:
ringwood said:
EveWasFramed said:

Guess it depends on your sense of humour. :p:D
Apparently yours and mine (and others) don't mesh. Each to his own!

Oh yes, because RAPE is something to be made into a joke? So, no, I don't find it funny and I never will. It is NOT something to be made light of in any way.

Sadly, I think I am.
My friends agreed that we meet up for New Years Eve.. but Christmas is with teir own families. My sister is gone though, my mother will be asleep by 7 pm.
Hm.

meh.

TheRealCallie said:
Peaches said:
ringwood said:
EveWasFramed said:
cumulus.james said:

Queer humour dear ;)

cumulus.james said:
TheRealCallie said:
Peaches said:
ringwood said:
EveWasFramed said:

Queer humour dear ;)

Tactless "humor," IMO

TheRealCallie said:
cumulus.james said:
TheRealCallie said:
Peaches said:
ringwood said:

Queer humour dear ;)

Tactless "humor," IMO

You would not like being in the Admaral Duncan in Old Crompton Street then.

I usually spend Christmas with my family but a couple of years ago I spent it on my own and I hated it. It was horrible, especially because everything on TV is about Christmas and about how everyone should be together and happy, watching that made me feel worse about being all alone. I think the best thing to do would be to keep yourself busy, watch your favourite movies, play your favourite games, listen to your favourite music. When I have to spend another Christmas alone I'm definately buying myself a present, probaby a computer game because I'll be so busy playing it I wont even care I'm on my own.

Dreamer88 said:
I usually spend Christmas with my family but a couple of years ago I spent it on my own and I hated it. It was horrible, especially because everything on TV is about Christmas and about how everyone should be together and happy, watching that made me feel worse about being all alone. I think the best thing to do would be to keep yourself busy, watch your favourite movies, play your favourite games, listen to your favourite music. When I have to spend another Christmas alone I'm definately buying myself a present, probaby a computer game because I'll be so busy playing it I wont even care I'm on my own.

The trouble is one tries to get on with ones own business but it is all in your face, the music, the adverts, the talk, the films, the shows. Very hard to not be constantly teased by it.

cumulus.james said:
Dreamer88 said:

The trouble is one tries to get on with ones own business but it is all in your face, the music, the adverts, the talk, the films, the shows. Very hard to not be constantly teased by it.

I know, its hard to pretend its just another day when every where you look, its there. There's no escaping it. I guess you've just got to do whatever makes you happy and try and make the best of it.

Dreamer88 said:

I am usually alone on Christmas Day and find that watching DVDs rather than what is on is easier as there are no Christmas ads and no 'Christmas is about family and togetherness' messages to sit through.

Tiina63 said:
Dreamer88 said:

I am usually alone on Christmas Day and find that watching DVDs rather than what is on is easier as there are no Christmas ads and no 'Christmas is about family and togetherness' messages to sit through.

Yeah, next time I'm alone on Christmas thats what I'm going to do. It was the first Christmas I was on my own and I didnt really know what to do. I ended up making myself miserable. I think next time I'll be better prepared :)

Latest posts

Back