Date a girl in Lonely Life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could find ppl I could get on with that lived closer to me. To fined a girl to be with would be even better, To fall in love and have that girl fall in love with you back would be the dream.

ppl on hear all live to fer away. The chances of finding that special someone that lives with in driving distance is remote I think.

But it is the season of with miracles happen so you never know. Good luck guest I say

Why do guys always say it has to be within driving distance? I never could get that.

^ Because meeting the love of your life isn't worth it if you have to pay plane fare.

Matt said:
^ Because meeting the love of your life isn't worth it if you have to pay plane fare.
Why wouldn't it be worth it? If it's the love of your life, shouldn't it be worth anything to even get to meet that person?

mink said:
Matt said:
Why wouldn't it be worth it? If it's the love of your life, shouldn't it be worth anything to even get to meet that person?

I guess it would be hard though if the love of your life lived on the opposite side of the world. No matter how much you wanted to, you wouldn't be able to see eachother as often as you would like to and that'd just end up being really frustrating. Also, it'd be awkward if you thought you'd met your soulmate online and then flew miles to meet him/her, only to find the connection/spark between you just didn't exist in real life.

I hope this was meant sarcastically.

Matt said:

It should be. I think people are just really thinking that everything should be very easy when the best things in life usually aren't.

mink said:

tennisgirl said:
I guess it would be hard though if the love of your life lived on the opposite side of the world. No matter how much you wanted to, you wouldn't be able to see eachother as often as you would like to and that'd just end up being really frustrating.
Well some people think that way. But I think, if we're talking about the love of your life, it's definitely worth it to at least fly all the way to find that out. About afterwards...it all depends on the couple and how they would work things out. Lol...although I really cannot imagine it if both sides decided to just stay put and hoping the relationship will work out.

tennisgirl said:
Also, it'd be awkward if you thought you'd met your soulmate online and then flew miles to meet him/her, only to find the connection/spark between you just didn't exist in real life.
You do have a point there. But then usually one could already find out if there's a connection between the both of them through the internet but that is if you know you can trust the other person well enough to be truthful.
Just how I feel lol..

Almond said:
It should be. I think people are just really thinking that everything should be very easy when the best things in life usually aren't.
mink said:
Yup, very true. Best things in life are usually never easy.

I think it's far too easy to fall in love with someone online. I'm sure you can find a girl in RL and it would be MUCH easier to start a relationship and you would be take a smaller risk if it turns out for the worst. Creating a healthy online relationship in which two people trust each other enough to meet in person takes a long time. And when you fall in love with someone in RL you really understand them, in a way that you can't possibly know them online, you can see the subtler aspects of their personality. Of the many online realtionships i've seen, I've seen a couple of succesful ones but most of them end in disappointment and suffering.

Find someone in real life, try your best and if you absolutely can't find anyone, then try online.

mink said:
Matt said:
Lol, I was kidding. :p

tennisgirl said:
mink said:
Matt said:

I guess it would be hard though if the love of your life lived on the opposite side of the world. No matter how much you wanted to, you wouldn't be able to see eachother as often as you would like to and that'd just end up being really frustrating.
Pfft, if the person's really the love of your LIFE, that's a pretty good reason to move. ;)

I will give you a failed long term internet relationship story thats true.

First of this relationship started on a Mud. Which is an internet text game. Now the male lived in Arizona. The female lived in Canada some where near the border.(I am from the USA do not expect me to know geography) Now after about a year of talking online the the two of them eventually hit off. Their was a pre-online relationship for the male, but female wanted him before that. Now after this year or so of talking he flies out to Canada they get married and he moves in. After they get married, he convinces her to have a child. But she has like 4-5 alread. But he has emotional baggage, and well is a bit to rough to the kids, hitting them ignoring them general bad parenting. So she kicks him out and says that he cant come back, unless he does a bunch of things. He does not do any of these things. It has been 2 years since these events have happened. And he still hasn't been allowed to see his child.

This has nothing to do with whose the bad one, the good one. This is about sacrifice, and risk. Is true love worth it when you can end up with a situation worse. Maybe you could be lucky and find it and keep it but, we all have our problems so it could of been any of us. If we went out to fly for love.

Matt said:
mink said:
Matt said:
Lol, I was kidding. :p
Lol thought so you were but was just wondering about the statement.

frey12 said:
I will give you a failed long term internet relationship story thats true.

First of this relationship started on a Mud. Which is an internet text game. Now the male lived in Arizona. The female lived in Canada some where near the border.(I am from the USA do not expect me to know geography) Now after about a year of talking online the the two of them eventually hit off. Their was a pre-online relationship for the male, but female wanted him before that. Now after this year or so of talking he flies out to Canada they get married and he moves in. After they get married, he convinces her to have a child. But she has like 4-5 alread. But he has emotional baggage, and well is a bit to rough to the kids, hitting them ignoring them general bad parenting. So she kicks him out and says that he cant come back, unless he does a bunch of things. He does not do any of these things. It has been 2 years since these events have happened. And he still hasn't been allowed to see his child.

This has nothing to do with whose the bad one, the good one. This is about sacrifice, and risk. Is true love worth it when you can end up with a situation worse. Maybe you could be lucky and find it and keep it but, we all have our problems so it could of been any of us. If we went out to fly for love.
Rough. Maybe it could be worth the risk and sacrifice..either way the outcome may be (if it eventually works out or not), either you really did get your true love, or it leads to something worse (like in this story) which will then make you learn the hard way. I mean, nothing comes easy right..and if we don't take risks or make sacrifices or even make mistakes, we can't experience and feel what it's like and so we can learn from it as well.
But of course going through the pain and hurt will definitely not be easy. Again, nothing is ever easy. Just hope for the best and keep strong I guess.

I tried long distance e-dating and I was scammed.

People can tell you what they want to tell and keep back what would put you off, which is harder in real life.

Never mind the 'love of your life' rubbish, couples must live locally because then the true colours of people can be constantly experienced in the flesh.

copperation said:
I tried long distance e-dating and I was scammed.

People can tell you what they want to tell and keep back what would put you off, which is harder in real life.

Never mind the 'love of your life' rubbish, couples must live locally because then the true colours of people can be constantly experienced in the flesh.

Probably, but don't be so determinist. Maybe what hasn't run for you will do for someone. But yes, it takes a lot of luck and determination of both parts (by this order), and still the chances are almost 0. But well, who knows, I've seen really weird relations, including this.

Lol true love exists in fairy tales... Anyone here wanna take a census?? I have a feeling there are more guys on here than girls anyway.

Latest posts

Back