Feeling low right now

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan0192

Reaction score
First day of the week and been feeling down and epressed the whole day... I think I am learning to hate college as i see so many people but dotn really know anyone, its so hard to just walk up to a group of people in mid conversation and just randomly say hi. I know I want to make new friends I just dont know how.

And this tends to set me off on thinking, I hate thinking with a passion lol cuz everytime i do it it always ends up as me putting myself down, calling myself a loser and telling myself ill never have any friends let alone romantic connections with anyone, ever.

Hell I know im a nice enough person i try to be a good person wherever I can Im very honest and loyal but thses traits seem to count for squat, whenever i see an attractive girl i always assume i have no chance, in fact i make that same assumption no matter what the girl looks like.

I feel isolated and alone and i dont know how to fix it.

Sry for the outburst but i just had to say something somewhere.

hi dan0192 don't give up hope you've still got time

i understand where you're coming from i'm in the same situation right now i'm a freshman, and i have succeed with being acquaintances with my roommate and maybe 4 people on my floor, and hardly see anyone else on my floor in this wing i think they go out there way to avoid bumping into me

what college are you at?

they've got all kinds of clubs and stuff at colleges look into one you think might be fun

:D

good luck

*hugs*

Sorry to hear that Dani, and there's no need to apologize.

Elementary, Jr. high, and High School was the peak of my loneliness so far...and that is definitely saying something.

I always hear about the "great times" that people had in college...and I am hoping that it truly will be a great experience. College is one of the best opportunities to meet people with common interests.

Like Ev said, joining clubs is the way to go. Even though you might not have a strong interest in a particular club, perhaps just try to check it out.

It is tough when you feel like you don't belong anywhere, and there isn't anyone there for you...I know your pain, and it hurts...

But please don't be too hard on yourself, you sound like a great person. I hope that you will soon find friends that will appreciate you for who you are.

In a similar situation here. I suppose all my social interaction comes from irc channels and message boards but I've picked up a hobby and in time I'll join a club dedicated to said hobby. You could try the same thing. Pick up a musical instrument, learn to play and join some random group on campus. Anythings better than nothing so try something

Try not to be so hard on yourself, I know that might not be easy but when you get in a cycle of putting yourself down sooner or later you become stuck there, I know because that's what I did.

Life is just unfair and the hard thing is that it doesn't come with a manual when your stuck, if only we had a perfect world where there wasn't any loneliness. Life sucks I know.

Thanks people feeling a bit better today :D. I am at warwickshire collage and yeah we have CEP on wednesday afternoons and am going to have a look into doing something random.

Its because the course I am on is a computing course and all the ppl on it seem to be the shut in type aswell.... wether they are allright with it or not I dont know but i do know id prefer to be quite social if i had the confidence for it.

dan0192 said:
Hell I know im a nice enough person i try to be a good person wherever I can Im very honest and loyal but thses traits seem to count for squat, whenever i see an attractive girl i always assume i have no chance, in fact i make that same assumption no matter what the girl looks like.

I feel isolated and alone and i dont know how to fix it.

Yep, I said almost the same exact thing in my first post on here, which I think is still relatively new, although I seem to be more "desperate" just for a friend in general. I'm right here for a chat about anything and I'm a good listener, and I don't try to push my own advice on anyone, so pm me if you want. - plums

A computing course? Well then look for D&D players and Lan parties. That's where I'd hang out ;)

Latest posts

Back