I am such a fool.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randomdude

Reaction score
Few days ago i decided to skip using my medicine for one night because i decided to drink some beer for my friends birthday.. Everything went good as i planned but i couldn't sleep until like 9 am and even then when i was fully exhausted i barely fall asleep. So i woke up that day FEELING like a boss without any anxiety, depression basically my mood was perfect, my gym performance was flawless my communication skills reached the point that i always wanted to be at. Than that night i decided that i should stop using meds completely since i feel much better w/o them. Next day everything went the same i go get a drink and i couldn't sleep before the morning but i felt like a boss next day same as i did day before. So as 6 days passed i started to become nervous, tired(even though i slept for 12 hours), depressed and anxious and even paranoid. So i decided to continue with meds again i drank my dose after 6 days and hell starts! My stomach hurts, i feel dizzy, fatigued, hungry, i have some panic attacks that pulse through my whole body and makes me feel hot, my movements are slower than usual, i can't see clearly, i have 0 motivation and my muscles are numb while i feel lost in time since i am lying in bed for 30 minutes it feels like i slept a whole day. When i fall asleep i wake up 5 minutes after even though i am tired as never before. It feels like i am in endless nightmare! I really need someones advice and guidance i am completely aware that i did such a stupid thing even though my therapist said that she will stop talking with me if i quit meds.. I thought i was done with my problems but i actually feel in deeper ones! Guide me guys i feel lost.

Coming off meds like that (cold turkey) is ALWAYS a bad idea. It can also be very dangerous. Gradually reducing the dose is always best.

I would suggest you DON'T DO THAT AGAIN !! Man don't beat yourself up... we all try that crap. Mark it up as a learning experience, and feel comfortable in knowing you have to remember to take your meds.

Then you are not a fool if you learn from your mistake, a fool NEVER learns !!

Your body is going though withdrawals... you should continue on with your regular doses and slowly .....very slowly, wean off.... you will feel better once the medication levels build back up in your system.

hang in there. :)

Hi randomdude. Nice to meet you.:)

You're not a fool. You posted for help here. That's a wise decision. Not a foolish one. Speaking from experience, you are walking down a brutal and dangerous road chief. Booze really screws up the function of many, many kinds of meds.

When I was drinking my doctor threatened to drop me as a patient if I didn't smarten up and quit. Doctors in my city are insanely hard to find. I understand how very tempting it is to refrain from taking your meds to go out and drink and have a good time. It's very difficult to resist. But your meds must take priority over alcohol. Picking alcohol over meds can lead to it being a habit. By refusing to take your pills to accommodate your drinking you are playing a dangerous game, and eventually you are going to lose.

When I was taking meds, I did the same - I'm sure many others here have, too. If you do want to get off meds, I echo the aforementioned advice - taper off slowly, preferably under the supervision of a doctor. As you've discovered, going cold turkey really throws your brain chemistry out of whack, and makes the withdrawal symptoms all the more severe.

Anyway, don't beat yourself up over it. Live and learn, right?

To make one mistake with one's meds is not being a fool. Not by itself. From your post, you've obviously found that it was not helpful. And you put it up here. That shows you are still thinking, which is good. We all screw up from time to time; the key is to learn from the mistakes we make.

A fool is one who does not realize his mistakes.

And obviously, you realized it. If you are wanting to come off meds, you want to ease off gently - or at least get yourself to a low dose, if it's completely chronic.

Just... Don't let yourself be an alcoholic. Your health, is more important than a temporary "fun". When you feel good, and are physically well, you open so many doors to opportunities.

Latest posts

Back