I cant regret it as it was right at the time but I kind of do

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger lily

Reaction score
I really do feel that the reason I am single now is due to not dating when I was younger, because if you get the dating out of the way when your young you go into relationships more comfortably when your older and have more confidence. I'm 25 and I always felt mature for my age and so never dated any guys because they never interested me, the thing is now I'm older and fancy men but I am shy with them and I never get approach by confident men probably because I'm so nervous around them I never smile. If I do i feel like I will be coming across too strong or strangely desperate (though I dont see how that could be the case when I have already waited so long). I know its all in my head but I just feel I wish Id dated when I was younger now so I wouldn't feel like it was such a big deal. and maybe I would give off a better vibe and guys would be interested. Guys always seem to get interested when a girl get a guy only the do they start looking at her. I feel so lonley now, and it seems such a shame all this, just because I decided to wait til I actually liked someone rather than getting with anyone for the sake of it. It feels like guys say they find shy girls cute but really, I think they want a confident girl.

i know exactly how you feel. i never dated when i was younger either. now i feel kind of like it has passed me by in a way. it seems that no women want a shy guy either. then again how can 2 shy people expect either to really initiate anything.

Your stil realtively young. Your very mature for a 25 yr old. With your maturity you probably make wiser decisions.
Guilt N shame is at the root cuz of most our unhappiness..Please try to let go of it as best you can.
Allow urself to date. Its ok everyone gose through the learning crub.
U might grasp it faster than you think.
It ok to be cuasious..but not to the piont it holds us back completely.
We cant turn be the time..All we can do is live for today and hope for a better tommorrow.
You are very beautiful young woman..a man would be luckie to have you . I dont have all the answers.
I wish you to be happy and a man of your dreams step into your life soon.

I know what you mean, im sure things would be a bit easier if you date at an earlier age. Personally, whether a girl is shy or confident doesnt have a big impact on whether i would consider dating her and i am a very shy guy.

The thing is there must be sooooo many relationships that could of been good for people but because they were too shy to tell the other they liked them nothing developed from the attraction. If you really like someone then you should tell them... it ofcourse happens between two shy people all the time but that is not to say it is at all easy to make the initial move! :)

I think alot of us 'regret' not starting to date or go out earlier, but it's usually something we use to hide ourselves behind. There's no way we could ever be sure that things would be better now if we would have started earlier. In fact, I know quite a few people (mostly guys) who started going out alot at the age of 16, who tried alot of 'dating' and who are still single, 7 years later. It didn't make it easier for them.

Honestly, If i were you, I'd find a nice relationship/Dating forum and start posting there instead of asking lonely people who are probably in the same boat as you for advice.

Sorry if that sounded harsh but I feel it's the most likely solution/advice that'll give you results. :)

Lonesome Crow said:
Guilt N shame is at the root cuz of most our unhappiness.

I totally agree with this. In some cases, yes, totally true.

P.S. Hate to say it, but at least you weren't a teen mother TigerLily. >.>

SophiaGrace said:
Honestly, If i were you, I'd find a nice relationship/Dating forum and start posting there instead of asking lonely people who are probably in the same boat as you for advice.

Sorry if that sounded harsh but I feel it's the most likely solution/advice that'll give you results. :)

Lonesome Crow said:
Guilt N shame is at the root cuz of most our unhappiness.

I totally agree with this. In some cases, yes, totally true.

P.S. Hate to say it, but at least you weren't a teen mother TigerLily. >.>

Guilt and shame root of unhapiness? i feel none of these the reasons for being unhappy are lonliness and a sence of unsettledness, how to do you get to guilt and shame?

Tiger lily are you in China? Just wondering based on your time zone. Honestly I'm 28 and have only had 2 main girlfriends. Neither one was super serious. I guess they were both kind of medium. Not super serious but were seeing each other regularly.

Talk to people, use a dating site (there are even some free ones), just get any experience. I guess I'm sort of the same way. There haven't been that many girls I've liked that much. Why force something if it isn't there? There are different kinds of relationships though. True love, or friends with benefits, or even you're just kind of lonely and so is the other person and you're both there so you just go with that for awhile.

Try some stuff.

Latest posts

Back