I knew this would happen, and IT FINALLY DID !!!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonelydude

Reaction score
Hello,
Im not really good at expressing my life experiences , but I will try mt best. Like alot of you i was plagued by this problem called lonelyness for a long while (from when i was 15). No matter how hard i tried to convince myself, I never seemed or felt like a misfit or social outcast by any standards, yet i was lonely....Where did all my friends go to?
Anyway im 19 now and I feel like the happiest person on the planet, im not lonely in anyway now and Im so upbeat and motivated all the time. If anyone tells you that depression cannot be cured, slap them because IM LIVING PROOF, DEPRESSION CAN BE DEFEATED ONCE AND FOR ALL. And sometimes doing so is not even that hard, it just requires us to do something that we normally wouldnt consider.
Back to my story (which I will keep brief) I used to have a good group of friends in primary school high school which is where the 'problems' started. To keep a very long and arduous story short, a few ppl who used to be very close to me decided to demean me in everyway (ignoring me, trying to spread bad stuff about me even when i was a good friend to them) They even tried to literally 'steal' away the few ppl i was close to. The height of this behavior was that one of them that they even tried to publish false stuff about me in the school's magazines. Yep they did all that for nothing i can think of. I literally spent months figuring out what I ever did to them that they do this kind of honeysuckle to me but i could never figure out anything, and still cant....
All of this seems really sad and depressing doesn it? well it was, but i came to this site for a while ( a few months) and posted on the forums and came to the chatroom, that really helped me alot all thanks to you guys :).
One thing that I always believed in was that what goes around comes around...what you sow so shall you reap. You dont necessarily need to believe in God to believe this phenomena, its just how the world works.

Now what happened to me and those guys? well after graduating from school I went to this really great college which has extremely nice and friendly ppl and have made tonnes of friends here. This I think is the best time of my life and am loving every moment here. My lonelyness, my depression , both are gone and im 100% sure theyll never come back again!!!
And what happened to those guys? Well 2 of them are tkaing gap years and rotting at home because they got rejected from every college they applied (1 other guy is in a CC but again he wanted to go to some ivy league in the first place lol) and the one guy who wanted to publish honeysuckle about me in the magazines never even got the magazine to be published and is now remembered as the crappiest editor in my school's history lol!!! (hes also taking a gap year). And 1 of them is in college but hes really depressed in it. All of these guys wanted to go to the best colleges in the country VERY VERY BADLY but now look where they are LOL!

So for me what cured my depression was a change in location (my college is FARRR away from my home) and to add to that the fact that those ppl who just wanted to prove themselves superior to me and make me feel like a loser are now crying over their dreams lol

What goes around comes around...Indeed.

Now what made me come back to this forum and post this story? Forum loyalty? Yes, but even more than that, i was browsing my facebook HOME today and saw one of them had uploaded pictures of those ppl in some house party ( there were 2 ppl in the pictures of the party who were not really their friends , but those guys invited them just coz they were my friends). Yep pictures of them having fun...and normally if that had happened I would get even more depressed for a long time...but wait...this didnt happen this time....Why? because I know those guys are sad and depressed. No matter how much they pose for the camera, no matter how much they pretend to laugh and enjoy, I know they would give anything to be in the position I am. I know that those guys are rotting, their dreams are shattered, and from a few ppl ive heard that they barely have anymore friends outside themselves LOL!
What an ironic twist of fate. Anyway thats that, i dont really give a honeysuckle about them anymore.

Now im totally cured of my lonelyness and depression. It happened to me , and YES it can and WILL Happen to you. My decision to go to college away from home (and in effect change my location) made this possible, and a decision like that or something similar might change your life for the better as well. Again, I am living proof that depression can be conquered and defeated forever. Just make sure that during the time your depressed, make sure you know that this phase of depression is temporary because thinking like that is what defeats depression , IT DID FOR ME!

I sincerely hope from the bottom of my heart that you guys are able to conquer your problems soon and forever remain happy just like the way you deserve to be.

God bless you all, and please feel free to PM me if you feel like talking to me!

Thanks and Goodbye!

Congratulations, and it just goes to show how important a seemingly small decision can be for your life.

* APPLAUSE !!!! *
Nicely done, Mr. No Longer Appropriate Username! I'm always very excited to see success stories and they are needed to remind people of two things; depression can be cured, by YOU. And, websites like these ARE making a BIG difference to people's lives.

I've been depressed all my life myself. I know what it's all about, and yes, i had panic attacks too. However, the people who stay depressed do so simply because they sit around and wait for happiness to come to them, something that just won't happen. If they don't have the strength to get up and find that happiness, they either need to find some way to get that strength, or perish. That's where support communities come into the picture.

We can all make a big difference to people's lives, just like other's can make a big difference to our. A difference great enough to change our lives completely. Those who disbelieve that are simply stubborn fools who need to look past their own misery and read more threads like these.

I am so happy for you! Even if you aren't lonely, etc. you could always stop by once in a while and say hi and let us know how things are going. :) It does folks good to see others overcome life's challenges. Kudos to you!

What an absolutely wonderful post! I know it took courage to change that part of your life (moving away) and because of your courage, you have gained happiness :) You took your circumstances in your own hands instead of sitting on your tush. I'm so happy for you!

I have also seen the "you reap what you sow" rule in life. Which leads me to this:

WARNING: To all arrogant, self centered, cruel individuals who think themselves above anyone, Karma is a ***** and she will gladly bite you in your ass if you are cruel to others.

Naleena said:
WARNING: To all arrogant, self centered, cruel individuals who think themselves above anyone, Karma is a ***** and she will gladly bite you in your ass if you are cruel to others.

Eh, hellelujah! =S

Thanks you for your replies everybody!
I really would encourage everyone whos in a tough time (even if that time is in years) to hang in there and to try every possible way to get rid of their depression. Sometimes doin things that are hard or difficult does the trick.

And yes, I will let you guys know of how im doing and stuff.
Anyway, if anyone needs to talk about anything, please let me know (via pm) :D

wow lonleydude glad that you did find happines in your life.have just 1 question does it really help moving away from your home i have been thinking abaout the same thing????

Hi code,
Well in my case it did. Eventhough I lived where I did for my entire life, i just felt I couldnt really connect with any of the ppl around me for some reason. I dont think I can describe that feeling scientifically, but ill just say that there was nothing left in that place anymore. Going away for college gave me a fresh start, not that i had done anything wrong in the first place though. But yeah, I was sure moving away would be the best option for me, and If u feel that theres nothing else left for u where u live right now , then moving away might be a good idea, that is, if u get the oppurtunity to do so. If u have somebody in ur life that u love ( like ur parents) u might miss them alot , but if u dont its that much easier.

So it really depends on ur situation. If u have alot of friends,family etc where u are right now that have a place in ur life, then maybe u might wanna reconsider. If u dont and u have a strong feeling of starting out new, then moving might be the best option.

I hope i made some sense and was of some help :)

lonelydude said:
Hi code,
Well in my case it did. Eventhough I lived where I did for my entire life, i just felt I couldnt really connect with any of the ppl around me for some reason. I dont think I can describe that feeling scientifically, but ill just say that there was nothing left in that place anymore. Going away for college gave me a fresh start, not that i had done anything wrong in the first place though. But yeah, I was sure moving away would be the best option for me, and If u feel that theres nothing else left for u where u live right now , then moving away might be a good idea, that is, if u get the oppurtunity to do so. If u have somebody in ur life that u love ( like ur parents) u might miss them alot , but if u dont its that much easier.

So it really depends on ur situation. If u have alot of friends,family etc where u are right now that have a place in ur life, then maybe u might wanna reconsider. If u dont and u have a strong feeling of starting out new, then moving might be the best option.

I hope i made some sense and was of some help :)

tnx lonleydude 4 the answer and yea you made sense i will have too think it thrue but my feelings is telling me that i have too start over somewhere else

The best thing about moving away is that you can start off totally new and can shape ur life as YOU ALWAYS WANTED IT TO BE.
Also what moving did for me was clear my mind of most of the negative thoughts and feelings that I had.

Hello every1

I thought Id post a follow up to all thats been happening in my life.
My first year of college was amazing!!! I had no feelings of depression whatsoever and Im really thankful for all of that.
Anyway I decided to go back for the summer to home. And well...it was really nice for the first few days but it kinda got bad from there onwards and its been 2 weeks and im kinda having the same feelings I used to...
My social life here was kinda horrible. I dunno why but although I got along just fine with alot of ppl I never really got to see them outside of school. I dunno why but I kind of had the impression that ppl had these sorta 'clubs' or 'groups' where you couldnt get into for some reason. I always thought of myself as that kind of person who always liked meeting new ppl and talking to them, not just the same old ppl all over again...apparently ppl here were different and for some reason didnt like new faces :S
Anyway here I am a year later. Quite a few ppl told me on Facebook that they wanted to meet when I came back and stuff...I was really happy that I was actually gonna enjoy my time here. But as it turns out either ppl are busy with their family stuff or are not caring to call back/ do somefin.

I had completely forgotten what depression or lonelyness felt like...but coming back has made me remember it. I DO have a few good friends who I see occasionally ...not often but sometimes. The thing I DONT UNDERSTAND is HOW COME some people who are SO SOCIALLY AWKWARD or ARE SO UNINTERESTING OR JUST PLAIN NOT SOCIAL have so much to do/so many places to go when I feel that i am neither of that stuff Stuggles just to meet somebody :(. I never really got this and I probably will never. However this kinda only applies here. I had alot of fun in college and I met so many different kind of new ppl and I actually made GOOD friends!

Ive decided im never gonna come back here again. I mean eventhough this is the place where I was born and raised and I did have some good times here, but this place has brought alot of misery to me and my mother(who raised me alone with a very inconsiderate family of hers). I thought coming back here would actually erase feelings of depression/loneliness that I had accumulated in the past here, but coming back only refreshed them :'(. I never wanted this to happen...

Again I always wondered WHAT it takes to get invited to places HERE AT HOME. Im not saying im the most fun/amazing guy there is , but I do know alot of ppl who can barely say anything interesting/fun/relevant who have things to do while I dont :( . Oh well, I wont have to think about this again...goodbye home!

A thought did come to my mind that ppl might kinda envy of my success right now coz im goin to a pretty good college in the US right now while most of them are stuck at home in some 3rd rate one . however I didint think ppl are that shallow...but i dunno yet.

Anyway sorry for all the rambling but I just realized that my theory that my depression was due to my hometown/country was CORRECT and that making that change was the thing which cured me. Im terribly sorry If I brought down the tone of this happy sounding thread but I just wanted to get this out. I AM STILL A VERY HAPPY PERSON INSIDE, AS HAPPY AS I WAS WHEN I FIRST MADE THIS THREAD...Its just that im a lil dissapointed by coming home. Im still never gonna get depressed like i used to , and this feeling is just of dissapointment ( coz i set my expectations about ppl a bit too high this time).

Thank you and God bless you all!

lonelydude said:
Anyway sorry for all the rambling but I just realized that my theory that my depression was due to my hometown/country was CORRECT and that making that change was the thing which cured me. Im terribly sorry If I brought down the tone of this happy sounding thread but I just wanted to get this out. I AM STILL A VERY HAPPY PERSON INSIDE, AS HAPPY AS I WAS WHEN I FIRST MADE THIS THREAD...Its just that im a lil dissapointed by coming home. Im still never gonna get depressed like i used to , and this feeling is just of dissapointment ( coz i set my expectations about ppl a bit too high this time).

Thank you and God bless you all!

Your rambling is definitely appreciated! It's nice to hear that you are learning about what makes you lonely and how to keep away from it. Do yourself a favor and stay as far away from home as possible. I've wondered why having a social life can be so hard myself. I live near Detroit, and I try to meet new people, make new friends, go new places, and nobody ever wants to go or do anything with me. I think I'm a friendly person. People tell me I'm a friendly person. I don't get it though. Why is my social life so barren? What am I doing wrong? Maybe it's not my fault, maybe it's everyone around me. Your post has helped me to see that. So thank you.

Thank you for that it cheered me up reading that, im glad your life got better.

Latest posts

Back