Loneliness is a never ending cycle.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you said the weeks, months, just roll by...suddenly you realize how much time you've lost, it's kind of devastating. I don't think any one needs to settle at all when it comes to finding someone they will fall in love with. I don't know what your standards are, but I had some high standards at first and wasn't finding anyone interesting. Not that I lowered them, but I let myself be flexible and I found someone who I probably wouldn't have been interested in at first.

Pike Creek said:
As you said the weeks, months, just roll by...suddenly you realize how much time you've lost, it's kind of devastating. I don't think any one needs to settle at all when it comes to finding someone they will fall in love with. I don't know what your standards are, but I had some high standards at first and wasn't finding anyone interesting. Not that I lowered them, but I let myself be flexible and I found someone who I probably wouldn't have been interested in at first.

My standards aren't amazingly high I can't find anyone full stop...just no interest not even one ok person just nothing...even trying to be more sociable hasn't changed it, I dont like the idea of pushing the boat out and going to singles events either...

I think time has left its mark and continues to do so...I can't help but compare how im struggling to get by. I'm just really trying to get a better job but just today another rejection. I dont want to be stuck in the same place forever its one of my greatest fears. I think im gonna branch out a little and try somethings different. I want to break this cycle and I just find myself caring less and less about where I am and that I can go elsewhere. The problem is if I move even abroad my problems will just follow me.

Musicman said:
I can empathize with this... everyone told me that college was going to be so different, I was going to meet new people, forge new friendships, find a girl... but I actually managed to become more isolated, especially since I'm a commuter. What's the worst is that all my old friends seem to be having a blast.

The more I try to meet people, the more I fail... hence the cycle. Part of me wants to give up, but I feel like that will only make it worse.

You just described my life to a T. XD

Wanderer145 said:
I hate having to partake in events that are destined to repeat themselves. Meet someone new talk to them, they're interested in someone else. Try to change your lifestyle and become an interesting person...nobody gives a flying fresia about you still. You try and change it but its a disease it just keeps recurring it just doesnt stop years and years of the same bullshit. It wears you down so much that you dont care about anyone, and gladly wear the title of a Lone Wolf than open yourself to hurt again. Right now I've had the cycle repeat itself and now I'm wondering why I'm hurting that I've bottled up all my emotions and a lot of alcohol just pushes it all to the surface what I've been supressing for months and boom...same old crap...I honestly never see this ending...I just dont know what to do...thank god I'm going away for 2 weeks abroad might clear my head a little.

Spent more than 20 years almost alone. Biggest life mistake was to set dependency between "somebody wants me" and "I'm happy". There is a correlation but not causation.
Then magic switch happened in my mind (ok, it taken about 2 years) and I have decided to be happy regardless of other people. (It's not easy. Hardest mind hack in my life.)
And believe it or not, your happiness will attract others. They will want to be with you just because you are happy.

Latest posts

Back