Love?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyropath

Reaction score
What does love feel like? I don't mean love from a family member or something like that. And I don't mean infatuation either. What does it feel like to love someone and be loved back?

I imagine how I would feel if I had someone like that. And the way I feel while thinking about that is better anything than I've actually been able to experience from a real person. So...not very close I guess.

It is nice, while it lasts. Maybe nice is an understatement. It's a whole new range of feelings I doubt anyone would have known before they fall in love with someone.

I don't think there's fundamentally a difference between romantic love and other types of love, only different types of relationships springing from a deep sense of connection, concern, and empathy. It's a good feeling to give it, to be able to give someone you see as precious a temporary shelter from the world, grow with them over time, etc, and I tend to be more sad about not being able to give love than not being able to receive it.

I don't think I know what it feels like to be loved. I was never even close with my parents.

It feels like happiness. Like a ray of sun that's able to reach you at the darkest depths of sadness and despair. This is what loves feels like to me.

For me love feels like safety, like a warm place where you can be yourself and can be sure you'll always be welcome.

I don't think there's any difference between romantic and other types of love either.

Love, excluding family member or something like and excluding Infatuation too.
Ahem...

Love...
It's soothing yet rises high waves in your heart.
Comforts you but also makes you worried.
It feels like sleeping in hot bed when It's freezing outside.
Your safe heaven from everything.
You can't get enough of it. The more you get the more you want, it's like driking sea water, never satisfied. You always want more.
...And many more things, If I start writing all those here then It would take years before I finish. ;)

And what it feels like loving someone?
You rise above yourself...You put others' need before you...it feels like this thing you can do a lot better than the other things...It's a dedication filled with care...It feels like you would do anything to see her/him happy... You feel each of everything what they feel...you are connected with them, very deeper, much deeper than normal bonding of friendship. It feels like giving your everything to that particular person but that depends what sort of love you have for that someone.

And when that feeling is returned back with equal intensity or more...
You feels complete...sort of achieved something important, something really important in your life. This is the best feeling in world when you know you are loved for who you are and even better when you love that person. It is very powerful and intense, very intense feeling, almost feels like you can fly in the air without wings, feels like you can lift the whole world with one finger, feels like you can do anything, anything. It's fulfilling and promising. It's full of hope and compassion. You feel very special, you know your worth more. It's mixuture of lots of things, hard to put everything in words.

And Yes, It's a lot different than any other type of love.

I'm telling "Love" as people think what it is. Love like Romantic Love. Love is multidimensional, it has no boundary so as to speak. but people take "Love" as romantic love.

The difference I have found is intensity plus the need thing And there are few cases when Love of friendship surpasses romantic love intensity but that is rare, very rare. In general love is itself is very powerful thing but when it comes to Romantic dimension, it gets power boost achieving new heights and depths.

It feels like a good sickness, a longing. Where you can't stand to be away from that someone.

Latest posts

Back