Why do people cheat?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Preuss, my unfamiliar yet familiar not old friend lol, let me tell you something. Logic is honeysuckle. You can be logical in life all you eant, it won't get you anywhere. That was the entire point of Spock in the first place and I'm surprised people didn't learn the lesson better.
We are feeling, illogical human beings. If you try to go against that, you'll never be happy. I know, I've tried. For all the scars you get from it, of you try and intellectualize everything, you'll go nowhere.

Well, he did get to be science officer aboard the Enterprise, which is no small feat, so...

Relationships are like plants. If you don't nurture them, they die. I don't care wether or not you mean romance, friendship or family or otherwise. If one person feels like their needs aren't met, it's pointless to continue.
That's funny, it is very similar to what I put on my Tinder profile.
Relationships are like plants: you have to take care of them.
Now there are some plants that don't need a lot of water, but I am not a cactus.
They won't come out and tell their wives ir husbands that, for a variety of reasons. Because they're afraid to be judged.
You don't have to be married to be cheated upon.
Even if you're just together in a new relationship, if your partner keeps on seeing others, while pretending you are in an exclusive relationship, that is cheating.

He's saying the way society constructed our views on relationships is at odds with the way human beings are emotionally built. Which I think is wrong. It's the former that's the problem, not the latter. Shrinks have nothing better to in their offices bjt coming up with new terms to explain away humanity, as if it's not things we've been wrestling with a thousand years...emot
He's saying he's mostly cur himself off from his emotions, kinda like Spock, which I think is the wrong approach. It should be yhe other way around. Because it's natural. Am I getting this right?
I do agree though that monogamy is not how nature built us, but we humans do a lot of stuff that does not follow the rules of nature.
The moment we started to put on clothes and stopped living in caves we stopped doing everything "as nature intended it".
So I don't agree with people who think we should do everything in a natural way.
And yes, in nature, few animals are monogamous.

I think people do that because they don't want to be alone.. I guess they have an option to who to go to when the other one doesn't work out? It's incredibly messed up.

My husband did that to me and his excuse was: "I wanted to break up with you that time". I was like, well why didn't you? Some people just think about themselves.

I felt tempted to cheat recently, mainly because I am recovering from surgery and I wanna feel sexy… if I put a selfie you guys would see how pitiful I look at the moment far from the daring diva… but i’d never cheat because I love Rob sooo much. Sometimes I think people cheat for themselves to just feel worth something.

Latest posts

Back