Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rainbows said:
Read this the other day:

"If people don't get their dinner at home, they go out to restaurants." On the topic of cheating. 30 men agreed.

Your opinion?

(if anyone said this to me, I'd slap them in the face.)

well that might differ according to situation. Mostly likely it was meant when woman manipulates man with sex that man will go out to satisfy his need. I don't think good man would take advantage over his woman when she is sick or has her period or something else. Or it might be when 2 of them disagree on regularity of sex than man might feel urge to take further actions. In this case proper selection of partner is essential.

MentalDiscomfort said:
I'm pretty sure they're just random numbers, lol. Not a single one of my male friends (and including me) would agree to that.

Yeah I did have to think quite hard of all the guys I know and couldn't really think of any who would agree it's OK to do this. I wondered where the 30 men who said yes to it were from - if it was asked online or in a certain country, how old they were, things like that. Whether or not they would actually do it, have done it in the past, or just think it's acceptable, even if they wouldn't do it themselves. But then I realised I don't really care and have known in general people are gross anyway.
32 is quite a strange number of people to ask. You're not really getting a wide opinion with only 32 people.

Again I wonder what gender has to do with the question. As if women don't have "needs*" too, and have done the same thing. As if men and women somehow have a different opinion of what's right and wrong.

*Oxygen, food, water, sunlight. These are needs. Sex is not.

Ohh, these were comments on an article, really. Most of them agreed with if the woman isn't willing to have sex, that they will cheat. It was on an article about that guy writing stuff down when his wife didn't want to have sex. Only 2/3 were like "No, bla bla bla."

It probably differs from married men to ones in a non legally binding relationship as well. The latter would find it easier to simply break up with an incompatible partner. The former are probably thinking of the financial loss involved in a divorce, as well as other factors to that sort of a break up. At that point is where they might start to find the cheating option as appealing.

Life is one big mess... I guess being by myself has that advantage at least. I don't have to deal with things like this and it just gets to be one of those problems that other people have.

Rainbows said:
Read this the other day:

"If people don't get their dinner at home, they go out to restaurants." On the topic of cheating. 30 men agreed. Just think about the kind of people who would search out a topic like that.

Your opinion?

(if anyone said this to me, I'd slap them in the face.)

I don't have any male friends who would agree with that. Think about the kind of people who would be interested enough in such an article to leave a comment.

painter said:
Again I wonder what gender has to do with the question. As if women don't have "needs*" too, and have done the same thing. As if men and women somehow have a different opinion of what's right and wrong.

Someone's trying to imply men see women as sexual vending machines...

Yeah it's quite difficult for me not to troll this subject sometimes. Comments on articles like those, similar to comments on youtube, are often just silly ******* trying to rustle some jimmies. They'll act the playa online giving it all YER DAT ***** BETTA SUK MY DICK OR I'LL BLAH BLAH BLAH then they realise their girlfriend is on her way home from work and he hasnt washed the dishes or started the cooking yet and realise he will yet again not be gettin' some tonight. Or their mother calls them for dinner.

Disclaimer: obviously grownups have shitty attitudes too.

Rainbows said:
Read this the other day:

"If people don't get their dinner at home, they go out to restaurants." On the topic of cheating. 30 men agreed.

Your opinion?

I've never cheated, so I am realistically, physically, morally, logically, and philosophically opposed this metaphorical example. Hope that helps. :)

Rainbows said:
Ohh, these were comments on an article, really. Most of them agreed with if the woman isn't willing to have sex, that they will cheat. It was on an article about that guy writing stuff down when his wife didn't want to have sex. Only 2/3 were like "No, bla bla bla."

I'm not of the man gender, but I can safely say that these articles are just based on the people that respond for the stats. There's nothing wrong with a good article, so I'm not bashing it. But I would cut down the fact that many of these articles (not saying this one in particular, because there's way too many of them to pinpoint) are perhaps a bit biased based on who has written them and the people who read them. It's like Kellogg asking a hundred people what their favorite type of cereal is, and then only making that type of cereal. It's very selected. Only 2/3 of the people in that particular article poll said no. That's not to say they stand for the rest of the male population.

Wasn't a poll. I just went through the comments and counted.
Also I'm pretty sure that IRL most men disagree. Just looking for opinions :D

Speaking of crappy comments, I saw this one the other day (among others):

"Men will say whatever they think they need to to sleep with an attractive woman. If the author wanted to test whether men will message any profile whatsoever, she should have used a fat chick's photo.
For every attractive woman with zero personality there are 10 guys lining up to tell her her s**t doesn't stink; for every fat chick with sense of humor, good career, and fun personality there are two cats."

(On this article: 4 Things I Learned From the Worst Online Dating Profile Ever)

As a fat girl, I'd rather have the two. At least, hopefully, they'd be genuine.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this so confusing. Dating on the whole is a confusing affair even if you get over the fear of rejection. I've only had one relationship and it was a hook up, ( my best friend told her friend that I was interested in her and to give me a chance).
I've tried asking out a few other girls back in highschool before that one girl and the answer was always " oh you mean like a date?" " Oh I'm not looking for a boyfriend right now".
Now my fear of rejection is insane and it should be. I'm 28 now with no experience talking or flirting with single women.

I often see people flirt and stuff so easily .. they break up .. guy gets new girlfriend in a week, month, or an other short period of time. I'm life 'HOW DOES HE DO THAT?'

Complicated stuff
thD.png

Naleena said:
OK, so I'm not a man but, sometimes I would like to know what you guys think :) Soooo here is the thread to do it in.

Here is your first question. When a man asks you what you are doing this weekend, what does that mean? And why do they do that with no intentions of asking a girl out? lol!!! It's like:

Guy: What are you doing this weekend?
Girl: Oh nuttin.
Guy: Well, have fun.
Girl: **thinks to herself** what the hell was that? He asks me what I am doing and then doesn't ask me out**giggles**

I know I'm quoting a post from 6 years ago but it just resonated in me.

Why would a guy ask you out just because he asks what you are doing on the weekend? Does one question have to lead to another?

The other thing that gets me about this is if you want to go out with him why don't YOU ask HIM! Nothing says the woman has to sit back and wait for the guy to ask.

On a poetry site I wrote about watching a girl, liking her but not having the courage to approach her, it was more about other stuff but anyway a woman commented that she hates it when guys will look at her but not ask her out, she sees it as a wasted opportunity. During her lust to try and chastise me she didn't seem to understand that she also wasn't doing anything about it either!!

Funny how Feminism tried to break every gender role except that one.

alphacompton said:
Now my fear of rejection is insane and it should be. I'm 28 now with no experience talking or flirting with single women.

Why should it be? Rejection is normal and it's natural. We aren't supposed to get everything we want in life. Nothing is promised to us simply because we're born. And not everyone will agree to date you or go out with you just because you ask. It's perfectly normal to tell someone no. Because if you were asked, and you didn't feel like it was a good idea to agree (for any reason), don't you think you have the right to refuse their offer? You should say yes because they asked? Or because you'd like to go out with them?

Rejection isn't bad. It's people's reaction to rejection that's horrid sometimes.

Monkee said:
On a poetry site I wrote about watching a girl, liking her but not having the courage to approach her, it was more about other stuff but anyway a woman commented that she hates it when guys will look at her but not ask her out, she sees it as a wasted opportunity. During her lust to try and chastise me she didn't seem to understand that she also wasn't doing anything about it either!!

Funny how Feminism tried to break every gender role except that one.

Double standards, nothing new...

Lowlander said:
I often see people flirt and stuff so easily .. they break up .. guy gets new girlfriend in a week, month, or an other short period of time. I'm life 'HOW DOES HE DO THAT?'
I am not sure.. but I think that it is because they keep on flirting.. as opposed to people like us who do not even start or give up quickly

Lowlander said:

Complicated stuff
thD.png

They don't think, they just act.

Latest posts

Back