Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on what the business is and how much money it makes. Id support either way. But if it takes a lot of time and energy and doesnt make much money id say its more of a hobby and she should try other things to contribute. If that was goal. Id be supportive either way as long as we are being honest with what it is. Maybe it can become a good business over time with enough support.

If its already working and she can support herself from the home business then thats awesome. Id be supportive of that.

VanillaCreme said:
How would you guys feel if you had a woman who did her own home-grown business? Would you support it? Have nothing much to do with it?

I'd encourage my partner but my level of support depends on how much they would want me to be involved. I'd offer advice, finances and labour support as needed but I wouldn't want to risk taking over their own idea or goals so I'd also step back if requested to as well.

Well, fellow Peter Panist, it'd mean I like that glint in your eye and I'd like to come and enjoy your world.
Unfortunately, there aren't fantastic creative feeling people out there like there is on here. Out there it means I'll get to you if nothing better comes up. This world, this time and these people suck and that's why real people with real thoughts and feelings meet in this unreal world. Things are pretty crumby today : (

KTMChristian said:
Well, fellow Peter Panist, it'd mean I like that glint in your eye and I'd like to come and enjoy your world.
Unfortunately, there aren't fantastic creative feeling people out there like there is on here. Out there it means I'll get to you if nothing better comes up. This world, this time and these people suck and that's why real people with real thoughts and feelings meet in this unreal world. Things are pretty crumby today : (

Wrong thread?

I would be even better if she mado more money. In fact, Iwould mind to stay at home and shores.

How do you guys feel about women with stretch marks?

As a side note to keep the question simpler. Not necessarily from pregnancy, I had them before I had children.

Serenia said:

If she does not have a problem with them, neither do I.

If she does have a problem with them I still won't have a problem with them.

sothatwasmylife said:
As long as you secure the victim to the rack in the correct manner stretch marks can be completely eliminated

What the hell?

Serenia said:

As a side note to keep the question simpler. Not necessarily from pregnancy, I had them before I had children.

I'm fine with hers, if she's fine with mine!

Thank you guys that is really nice to know. Sothatwasmylife....hmmm tbat sounds extremely uncomfortable and will keep the stretch marks thank you.

Serenia said:
Thank you guys that is really nice to know. Sothatwasmylife....hmmm tbat sounds extremely uncomfortable and will keep the stretch marks thank you.

Lol

You are going to meet a girl, you've never seen, for the first time. 

So, this girl uses prescription glasses but wears contacts when she leaves the house (basically, if you two end up dating, you'll be seeing her in glasses most of the time). She also usually wears light makeup (face powder, eyeliner, mascara) when she goes out.

Based on honest feedback from ex-boyfriends and friends, she is a plain Jane without the contacts and light makeup. So not attractive, but ok.

So, on your first date, how would you prefer to see her? Why?

a) no makeup, glasses, clean, casual clothes, washed hair, and some accessories - she has put in some effort for the date, but wants you to see her as she is

b) contacts, light make up, a dress, washed hair, accessories - she has put in more effort, wants you to find her attractive.

Austen said:

So, this girl uses prescription glasses but wears contacts when she leaves the house (basically, if you two end up dating, you'll be seeing her in glasses most of the time). She also usually wears light makeup (face powder, eyeliner, mascara) when she goes out.

Based on honest feedback from ex-boyfriends and friends, she is a plain Jane without the contacts and light makeup. So not attractive, but ok.

a) no makeup, glasses, clean, casual clothes, washed hair, and some accessories - she has put in some effort for the date, but wants you to see her as she is

b) contacts, light make up, a dress, washed hair, accessories - she has put in more effort, wants you to find her attractive.

Honesty is the best policy.

I think I would say wear makeup but only because I would be expecting someone to wear it on a first date. It does depend on what you will be doing on that date, pub, or outdoor activity for example?

I don't think glasses are unattractive on a girl.

Is "Plain Jane" the line where unattractive territory begins? Sounds more like a 5/6 out of 10 in technical terms to me. Not that I'm awfully experienced in that regard. If you are looking for something serious, I suggest little to no make-up plus glasses since the person will see you in your natural state soon enough. By getting rid of that boundary early on, you can weed out the shallow people. I think all that really counts is looking remotely presentable, so casual good-looking clothes and washed hair are what I'd pay attention to.

But I have a weird brain wiring, so maybe I can't speak for the average guy.

I actually prefer the "plain Jane" I'd guess, it's better to see people how they normally are, you should definitely not look your best on a first date, i feel that would set an unhealthy presidence that is just going to put pressure on the relationship to always meet that standard.

You can ofcourse put some effort in, like you'd expect the same from the guy i would think, but think of it like work, you'll want to look good in a normal way.

That said from the guys perspective, or mine personally, it would allow for me to be at ease, dating is hard especially when you always think the other is way out of your league.

Austen said:

Not a man, obviously, but why do you wear makeup and contacts when you go out?  Is it to impress other people or is it for yourself? 

Most people don't put makeup on or wear contacts when they are at home, so I guess I'm not seeing the big deal about wear a little makeup and contacts when you leave the house.  Also, by "light makeup" and what you described, I don't think that would drastically change your look so much that you would be "plain" without it.

You should wear what makes you feel more confident for the date. I don't think wearing contacts or a little makeup would drastically change you to the point the person can't predict what you look like with glasses and a clean face, but the answer to this also has to do with the occasion and what you guys intend on doing - no dressing up like it's the prom to go to a picnic or something...

It's normal to expect the other person to put more effort in it - doesn't mean they're shallow, and doing it doesn't mean you're a liar -, it's a special occasion and if you truly want to be there and think you can grow to like the person, why not try to look attractive?!

Also not a man, though.
Glad to see you back!

Latest posts

Back