Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paraiyar said:
If a guy you didn't know smiled at you in the street would you be creeped out?

I smile at everyone I walk by. I don't consider it creepy for people to smile at me.

I find it sweet when anybody smiles at me in the street. Reminds you that not everyone is cold and uncaring.

Bubblebeam said:
I find it sweet when anybody smiles at me in the street. Reminds you that not everyone is cold and uncaring.

Same. It's nice to see others share some smiles.

Sometimes a smile can really make someone's day. If that person is feeling depressed, alone, or just had a bad day, it can make all the difference. :)

Aside from looking pleasant to service staff, I wouldn't. Women would think you wanted something or expected (ie. felt entitled to) a smile in return. Definitely over here in NZ anyway. If they were okay with it then chances are they'd smile at you occasionally, and since that doesn't happen we can only conclude that this is generally the case.

ardour said:
Aside from looking pleasant to service staff, I wouldn't. Women would think you wanted something, or that you expected (ie. felt entitled to) a smile in return. Definitely over here in NZ anyway. If they were okay with it, then chances are they'd smile at you occasionally, and since that doesn't happen we can only conclude that this is generally the case.

I know I can't speak for all ladies, but most of us probably wouldn't think that someone smiling at us meant that they wanted something. I don't know why, but you want certain things to be true about women, and even though many of us disprove a lot of things, you completely ignore anything that you're not adamant in believing.

I say smile. We look look nicer anyway when we smile.

ardour said:
Aside from looking pleasant to service staff, I wouldn't. Women would think you wanted something or expected (ie. felt entitled to) a smile in return. Definitely over here in NZ anyway. If they were okay with it then chances are they'd smile at you occasionally, and since that doesn't happen we can only conclude that this is generally the case.

I'm smiling at you right now. I really, really, really want you to smile back :club:

Paraiyar said:
If a guy you didn't know smiled at you in the street would you be creeped out?

I would just be pleasantly surprised, so no it wouldn't creep me out.

I usually smile back and say something like hi or morning,I wouldn't be creeped out I would just feel it's being friendly.

Xpendable said:
Have you ever been tempted to initiate a conversation with a man but didn't?
Why?

way too often.
usually because it's hard to find the right words at the right time, and at the right situation, so that you don't end up looking like a freak, giving the wrong impression, etc. i usually fail really freaking badly on this one, and end up either regretting it or coming off as a weirdo.

Xpendable said:
Have you ever been tempted to initiate a conversation with a man but didn't?
Why?

Plenty of times. The reason, why on earth would they want to speak to someone as worthless as me?

images

Paraiyar said:
Smiled at her this morning but she was on her phone and didn't notice, hahaha.

Assuming this is someone you're interested in, perhaps try being the traditional gentleman when the opportunity arises. Open a door for her for example. I know some women find this weirdly derogatory but any reasonable person would see that you are just being polite. :)

Bubblebeam said:
Paraiyar said:
Smiled at her this morning but she was on her phone and didn't notice, hahaha.

Assuming this is someone you're interested in, perhaps try being the traditional gentleman when the opportunity arises. Open a door for her for example. I know some women find this weirdly derogatory but any reasonable person would see that you are just being polite. :)

No doors at a outside bus stop, haha.

Latest posts

Back