Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ardour said:
Obviously I can't speak for women, but it might be a misconception of yours. Probably best not to bother with any awful Borat style sexy talk.

Oh that's funny. I've never seen that movie all the way through, but I'm sure it's fantastic if you have someone with that awful sense of humor.

VanillaCreme said:
Oh that's funny. I've never seen that movie all the way through, but I'm sure it's fantastic if you have someone with that awful sense of humor.

"I want to romance you inside" etc. You get the idea.

C is my friend, we have known each other 8 years, We are close friends but we don't *love* each other as man and woman.

We had conversation on the internet a few days ago:

======================================
Me: I dreamed weird thing. In my dream, one of my friend buy me fried chicken, so we ate together.
C: I'm wondering if I appear your dream sometimes.
Me: Aye.
C: Why do you say like that? If I made you angry?
=======================================

Do women dosen't like short answers? I was tired, and I think short answers are comfortable sometimes..

deerhooves said:
C is my friend, we have known each other 8 years, We are close friends but we don't *love* each other as man and woman.

We had conversation on the internet a few days ago:

======================================
Me: I dreamed weird thing. In my dream, one of my friend buy me fried chicken, so we ate together.
C: I'm wondering if I appear your dream sometimes.
Me: Aye.
C: Why do you say like that? If I made you angry?
=======================================

Do women dosen't like short answers? I was tired, and I think short answers are comfortable sometimes..

Short answers are fine if it answers the whole question. But, you didn't answer the unspoken question of telling what you dream about her.

Just curious, have any of you ladies dated a guy in a wheelchair. If you haven't, would you? How do you think you'd react if such a guy showed interest in you even though there were other able bodied guys around?

As you may have figured out, I am paraplegic and have tried Internet dating after being prompted by a counsellor. The results were mixed but I quickly found that I'd be friended out the moment some able bodied guy arrived on the scene. I've since stopped, it's really draining but you get to learn a lot about yourself and others, good and bad. If you've tried it you'd know.

It would be nice to know your thoughts.

You're still a person, just like the rest of us. So yeah, if I found you interesting and I was attracted to you, the wheelchair wouldn't stop me.

Skid Row 89 said:
Is being a shy man generally a turn off for women? Most men I see with girlfriends/wives seem to be very much extrovert

If you are so shy that it stops you from doing anything, it would probably be an issue, but I don't mind general shyness. It's not really a turn off for me, even if it is severe, but it would likely cause problems if it's extremely bad.

Skid Row 89 said:
Is being a shy man generally a turn off for women? Most men I see with girlfriends/wives seem to be very much extrovert

Nah, my boyfriend is kinda shy. I mean, he talks to people, but he's like me where being around a lot of people is just exhausting.

Skid Row 89 said:

I am all ears for this one. Talk about a question that has a bulls-eye on me.

May I please answer on a shy man's view?

YES

If you are shy women think....

1. There's something the matter with you.
2. You are mad about something.
3. You're a mean person.
4. You are not interested in them.
5. You are stuck up.

All five of these things I have been accused of in the past and they could not have been more further from the truth. If you are a shy person they will enjoy rejecting you and they just don't realize how bad it hurts. :(

BeyondShy said:
Skid Row 89 said:

YES

3. You're a mean person.
5. You are stuck up.

All five of these things I have been accused of in the past and they could not have been more further from the truth. If you are a shy person they will enjoy rejecting you and they just don't realize how bad it hurts. :(

Please don't speak for all women. You are wrong and it's rather insulting. Just because you met a few bitches or are seeing something that isn't there and coming to that conclusion on your own, doesn't mean that all women do that. We don't.

And I'm sorry, but pain, whether physical or emotional is not designated only to men. I can assure you that we DO know what pain is.

TheRealCallie said:
Please don't speak for all women. You are wrong and it's rather insulting. Just because you met a few bitches or are seeing something that isn't there and coming to that conclusion on your own, doesn't mean that all women do that. We don't.

Met a few? If it was just that I would be a lot better off than I am now.

I am not insulting you by what I said so I am not going to apologize for that. No way. And I am not pointing the finger at you and saying because you are a woman therefore you are like this. No, I am sure you wouldn't be like that because you seem to be a compassionate person and a decent one too.

I am not trying to insult you but the sad fact is what I wrote was the truth. If you are shy, give it up because women would rather wait in line to get in the restroom than talk to you.

BeyondShy said:
TheRealCallie said:

Met a few? If it was just that I would be a lot better off than I am now.

I am not insulting you by what I said so I am not going to apologize for that. No way. And I am not pointing the finger at you and saying because you are a woman therefore you are like this. No, I am sure you wouldn't be like that because you seem to be a compassionate person and a decent one too.

I am not trying to insult you but the sad fact is what I wrote was the truth. If you are shy, give it up because women would rather wait in line to get in the restroom than talk to you.

That is YOUR truth because you refuse to see anything else. It's not my truth and I'm going to wager that it's not most people's truth.
What you said IS insulting, whether you meant it to or not. I'm not offended and nothing you say could offend me, but it is insulting.

BeyondShy said:
Skid Row 89 said:

YES

3. You're a mean person.
5. You are stuck up.

You're a guy, aren't you? I know this is just how you feel, but not all women think shy guys are horrible. Even if you have been told all five of those things before, that doesn't mean every female will think the same thing.

TheRealCallie said:
That is YOUR truth because you refuse to see anything else. It's not my truth and I'm going to wager that it's not most people's truth.
What you said IS insulting, whether you meant it to or not. I'm not offended and nothing you say could offend me, but it is insulting.

I am not trying to insult you at all. I didn't write this post with you in mind to insult you. This is the truth because I have never seen it be anything else except how I described it.

I would love to give you one example when I could say wait....I'm wrong.

You know, I don't drink at all. I just never started. But maybe I should. Then I could get drunk and then say things I would normally never say while sober and I might get somewhere. Maybe insult a woman here, a woman there. Could get somewhere and then again I might not. But I would get farther doing that then having a shy personality. At least I think so.

VanillaCreme said:
You're a guy, aren't you? I know this is just how you feel, but not all women think shy guys are horrible. Even if you have been told all five of those things before, that doesn't mean every female will think the same thing.

Yes I am.

And yes I have been told these five things before and I can't describe how bad it hurt.

Do you have any idea how much I want to believe that every female is not like this? No idea at all. :(

Going by that logic, I could say a lot of "truths" about men, but I won't because it is wrong to generalize like that. Or any number of others things. Just because you don't experience it, or want to admit that you have, doesn't make it TRUE.

Also, drinking won't solve your problems. You could be a mean drunk or become an alcoholic.

TheRealCallie said:
Also, drinking won't solve your problems. You could be a mean drunk or become an alcoholic.

You're right. I don't know how I'd be and truthfully I don't want to know. I am not going to resort to the bottle to solve this problem I have.

VanillaCreme said:
BeyondShy said:
Skid Row 89 said:

YES

3. You're a mean person.
5. You are stuck up.

I'm a girl and people have said these things about me. The road goes both ways.

Latest posts

Back