Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for the LADIES:

Where can a good, clean, educated man find a lady these days?
Where do these clean, intelligent, mentally stimulating women congregate? (outside of... well, Congregation! [church])

I am 26 years old, and Male looking for Female (just so I'm not misunderstood!).
I will be working in the trades within the year (decent money, stable work, keeps me fit and strong [oo-la-la!]).
I primarily want someone I can talk with about a multitude of subjects:
Art, Science, Fantasy, Life planning, Finance, News, Traveling, Etc...

I ask because I'm probably going to start looking around soon.
And things have changed alot in the last 6-8 years :p.

Here are my current ideas, and my reasoning behind why I need your suggestions (as these methods are not fruitful).
1. Church - I'm not religious, nor do I want to be (at least not in a mainstream religion).
2. Meetups - Already in 4-5 a week; no one I'm interested in (yet!).
3. School (College, university, etc) - I'm going to trade school (AKA, a "Meat-market" of primarily males.)
4. Bars - I would rather not blow money on drinking (not big on alcohol), and it doesn't seem like a great place for a guy like me (introverted; into deep conversations; etc) to meet new people...
5. Volunteering - I already volunteer; again, no ladies my age there...
6. Clubs - I am part of 2 athletic clubs current; again no one I could possibly be interested in (all muscle-heads and certified pub-crawlers :().
7. Online - I have yet to explore much here, checked out "match.com", but I have to be honest, I'm not sure I'm ready (comfortable enough) to dive into online dating.

Any suggestions of where I could find a woman that can 'give me a run for my money' and keep me mentally stimulated?
I really appreciate any suggestion at all!

For any of the kind, lovely ladies that come to my aid, please enjoy my deepest thanks!

PS. - :p NO JEDI ANSWERS ALLOWED:club::p

Whoops, sorry man. I misread your post.

Although, if you read what I posted, that does happen, for men who are desperate.

Ahem....

To get onto the topic, I'm a guy, but you can meet women anywhere. If you are a reader, a bookstore is a great place. If you are a musician, or music lover, clubs or bars or places where bands play. If you are into sports, go to a game. If you are into rock climbing, go join a rock climbing group. Etc.

Generally, meetup groups are great places to make friends and meet people. Meetup.com is also a great place to jump start that, although there are other websites (can't remember the names of them just now.)

Avoid online dating. Those are generally for the extremely attractive, and also are in favor of women...any woman. Men generally don't have success on online dating sites, unless they're like models or something...and even then, there is always someone else who will come along who will have clearer blue eyes, better hair, or generally take better pictures.

Hope this helps, man.

This is a much more risque question than I'd usually ask (blushing a bit, sigh :rolleyes: ), but I thought it'd be interesting to put forward.

I hope it's not too rude or offensive!

Ladies, if you theoretically had a guy in your life that you really liked and you were perhaps just starting to get physically intimate with him, would you respond positively if he asked what sort of things really, err, interest you?

Or would that be a major turn-off?

I ask because I've heard guys shouldn't really ask before kissing because it kills the moment, I wondered if the same is true about that sort of thing.

You little scamp ;)

Are we talking turn-ons here? If so I’d wait until you’ve been intimate a handful of times (so you can explore things naturally and see what happens) before asking for specific rule sets. You don't need to worry about them just yet.

Then again the ladies may say different.

Me personally like to just see what the guy comes up with, but I have no problem saying if I do or don't like something since I will also ask the guy what he does and doesn't like.

Lost Drifter said:
You little scamp ;)

Are we talking turn-ons here? If so I’d wait until you’ve been intimate a handful of times (so you can explore things naturally and see what happens) before asking for specific rule sets. You don't need to worry about them just yet.

Lol :p

You're very right, I'm way ahead of myself. I suppose it's just an area of interest for me! I saw a survey recently that said a lot of women wouldn't disclose their fantasies to their partners, which I thought was sort of sad.

So I figured I'd ask to see if that attention is generally undesirable ^^

Hoffy said:
Me personally like to just see what the guy comes up with, but I have no problem saying if I do or don't like something since I will also ask the guy what he does and doesn't like.

Very interesting Hoffy, thanks for the response :)

TheSolitaryMan said:
Lost Drifter said:
You little scamp ;)

Lol :p

You're very right, I'm way ahead of myself. I suppose it's just an area of interest for me! I saw a survey recently that said a lot of women wouldn't disclose their fantasies to their partners, which I thought was sort of sad.

So I figured I'd ask to see if that attention is generally undesirable ^^

Hoffy said:

Very interesting Hoffy, thanks for the response :)

About ladies no telling their fantasies to there partner, I think is because women are shy in the area of sex. I use to be like that. I just went along with whatever because I didn't want the guy to take it as I didn't like it. Now that I'm older I'm not this way. What's the point if both of you are doing something the other doesn't like. I'm a pleaser, I want to know what he does and doesn't want, because of he feels good then it makes me feel good.

Ladies or Gentlemen..

What do you get for a close female friend for her birthday that says..

"This is not meant to be a romantic gesture but from a close friend who thinks a lot of you... however if you were to take it as a romantic gesture then thats not necessarily a bad thing" ..?

*** Well I've got her something now anyway*** :)

Naleena said:
I think it might be cool to have a thread where you can ask women thier opinions on dating or relationship issues :) Soooo...ask away!

When you ask a girl for her number why do some girls give it to you and have no interest in going out with you.

dresta2000 said:
When you ask a girl for her number why do some girls give it to you and have no interest in going out with you.

Perhaps because she thinks you won't stop bothering her if she doesn't. She may not give you her REAL number. And, she could have interest in going out at the time and then change her mind.

I have a question for the gals out there! If you was moving in with a male who you was not dating, but the male has feeling for you while you are in a relationship with another man, would you ever feel you may end up doing something intimate with the soon to be roommate? Do you feel moving in with another man while in a relationship is wrong?

Well, I'd try not to move in with a guy who had feelings for me if I could help it... However, honestly, no. I wouldn't feel like something would happen. I suppose it all depends on how much you can control yourself.

Is it wrong to move in with another man while you're already in a relationship? No, not really. Depends on what your intent is. And it depends on what you think or know might happen or what you'll do.

Does the boyfriend know about that? :p

If I didn't like the guy, no I wouldn't be tempted, but I would not put myself in the situation to be tempted either..so no I would not move in with a guy who "liked" me. I'd rather live with the boyfriend. lol.

What a loaded question! The girl would be headed for a train wreck! My Opinion: If she is in a relationship already, moving in with a male friend if they knew each other for a lot of years, as long as the boyfriend didn't object MIGHT BE fine. However, if her potential room mate has feelings for her, I believe it is a mistake. Even if she has no feelings for him, it is POSSIBLE for something to happen "intimately" between them for many reasons: comfort sex, if she has a huge fight with her boyfriend, also, if they were both drinking and throw caution to the wind, and other circumstances...I am sure you get my drift. I WOULD NOT DO IT, AND IF THE BOYFRIEND KNOWS THE TRUTH, I DON'T THINK HE WOULD BE IN FAVOR OF IT! Good luck with this one!

Zenkazu said:
I have a question for the gals out there! If you was moving in with a male who you was not dating, but the male has feeling for you while you are in a relationship with another man, would you ever feel you may end up doing something intimate with the soon to be roommate? Do you feel moving in with another man while in a relationship is wrong?

lol, C'mon now. You know the answer to this.

You are setting yourself up if you go through with it. Something as innocent as having a "couple drinks" could lead to a disastrous situation.

Better question, why are you not moving in with the boyfriend?

Im almost 33, never had a relationship, and i still have no clue how to get a girlfriend, anyone tips?

Hawx79 said:
Im almost 33, never had a relationship, and i still have no clue how to get a girlfriend, anyone tips?

You're not gonna make any progress in finding a woman by asking for help online.

Just get out and meet women.

Learn the hard way; by DOING.

Badjedidude said:
Hawx79 said:

You're not gonna make any progress in finding a woman by asking for help online.

Just get out and meet women.

Learn the hard way; by DOING.

Yes i understand that but if i ask 100 women out then maybe 1 of them will say yes to me but by then my confidence and sense of worthiness will have been shattered to pieces so i have no choice but to remain single and alone!

Hawx, I believe there is someone out there for everyone! Think about what you like to do, and if you can, join something with people that have the same interests...there is such a wealth of information on the computer if your search for it. I have a mental illness, for example, and found a social group that meets once a week. I am not looking to get into a relationship right now, but 3 different men from there asked me out. Have you tried the singles dating sites? There are free ones, and if you like the profile of some young woman, you can message her and write back and forth on the site, and see what happens. I know there is a thread about those Sites, but I dated many men I met on there. A suggestion is not to give out your e-mail address. The most success was with SinglesNet, however, which I joined for a reasonable fee per month. When you write your profile, be honest about what you want and don't want in a woman.

You say "if you ask 100 women out that maybe 1 will say yes." That, as you must know, is not going to happen. You should only ask a woman out that shares your interests, and if a woman turns you down, please try to look at it as HER CHOICE and not that you are not good enough to go out with someone. You need to look at your good qualities and base your self esteem on them, not if you get turned down for a date.

If you aren't shy, you can meet people in book stores, the laundromat (take some clothes to wash even if you have a washer/dryer), the library, grocery stores, etc. Just try to thing of something relative to say. For example, if you are in a book store or the library, and you are near a woman that is looking at certain books, say something, for example I like to read books like these or I used to like to read books like these, but now I prefer "whatever" you do like. In the laundromat you can say to a woman, "wow, these dryers seem to be taking an awful lot of time to dry my clothes. Just try an opening line and SEE IF SHE RESPONDS. You may get lucky and a woman may start a conversation with you.

People on the site may disagree with all I just said, but I HAVE IN THE PAST MET PEOPLE IN ALL THOSE PLACES AND DATED 3 MEN I MET IN THEM.

It can't hurt to try!

Good luck to you! Keep me posted!

If you met a guy, and you learned he had a foot fetish...

How would you react?

I know a lot of women have problems with guys like this, and this makes me wary of dating. I'd like to include feet in pre-sex activities, but don't want to freak her out.

Latest posts

Back