Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LiLeila said:
Rainbows said:
I'm glad my boyfriend is quiet and tiny. lol
So you're that exception.

I don't need my man to be strong either. Granted, it would be helpful if he was strong enough to open jars for me, but it's definitely not required....

My ex is pretty strong, yeah, but that's really only because of the work he does. I've dated guys who were weaker than I was.

As I said before (and others as well), that is NOT a requirement for MOST women. That is a requirement for you and maybe some people you know, but definitely not most.

TheRealCallie said:
Granted, it would be helpful if he was strong enough to open jars for me, but it's definitely not required....

You don't need a man as strong as me, when you have me :rolleyes:

LiLeila said:
Well, it's never general, but this is how my mind working for example.

Triple Bogey said:
What is the difference between a male friend and a boyfriend ?
The difference is that you don't have a passion with friend. There is no intimate physical contact. And it's no matter how he looks. But remember: all women are evil so they may suggest something else. You can't see the different sometimes.

No need to be an arse !

Triple Bogey said:
Why are some guys just 'friends' material ?
When do you decide ?
If girl is in relationship then it pretty obvious (most times). If she is single then you just may be not in her type (appearance/character). Or maybe she don't want to have a boyfriend. Or maybe she's afraid of relationships. Or maybe she don't want to lose you if this relationship will be disaster.

Triple Bogey said:
If you are really fond of a man, even in love with him as a friend, why isn't a possible boyfriend ?
If girl is in love in man then she is with him. For me it's simple. But for most women you may be not husband material. Many women think that love is not everything. There is many issues, like no job or poor salary, living with parents, distance, no hobby, unattractiveness, high attractiveness, playing video games, partying too much, alcohol, childishness, irresponsibility... etc. You may be a wonderful man and great friend but she'll always think about future.

TheSkaFish said:
How does a guy express confidence to you but without any cockiness?

I can accept that learning to be confident is an important part of life in general and I'd love to feel that way. However, I have never liked cocky people and don't want to be that way.
You can't be shy and quiet. You must talk with people without any problems. You should be funny. You must have a job. Show that woman can feel safe with you. You should be strong, least a little, for sure stronger than her. You should know what do you want (in future or even what do you want to eat for a dinner). You can't complain. You can't have addictions. You have to be assertive. You should be brave.
Well, there is many ways without being a cock.

Women are too complicated for any questions I think. You must always play games with them. They are unpredictable. And evil as I said.

One - TB, no one was being an ass in that comment. Christ, dude, calm down.

And two -
LiLeila said:
Rainbows said:
I'm glad my boyfriend is quiet and tiny. lol
So you're that exception.

There is no "exception" ... That's what works for her. And it's more common than you'd probably want to believe. Just because you don't see it often doesn't mean it rarely occurs.

TheSkaFish said:
Question for the women:

How does a guy express confidence to you but without any cockiness?

I can accept that learning to be confident is an important part of life in general and I'd love to feel that way. However, I have never liked cocky people and don't want to be that way.

I perceive confidence as believing in oneself, having a sense of self assurity and feeling secure. A person who believes he/she has self worth so they have goals in life and work towards them. Whether or not they achieve them is besides the point, but the fact that they believe in their ability to pursue something and go for it. They know their self worth and are able to acknowledge their flaws without feeling insecure. And at the same time because they know their worth, they dont need constant reassurance or praise

Cockiness to me goes beyond self belief into a sense of self superiority . When a person thinks they are always right, thy know more, thy are able to do more and be more, when they brag or impose their opinions on others.

That said, every human being is going to have their low moments, and if a guy were to occasionally doubt himself or cry or express neediness, its all good. That doesnt make him less confident as a person, just in that moment. If anything, his ability to acknowledge his sadness and his desire to fix the problem makes him even more confident in my eyes. I mention this because confidence is often misrepresented I feel at least for men.

LiLeila said:
But these wasn't my favourite features... These was the most standard. Women usually choose guys in this type and it's so common. They want that funny, strong and high man, not that quiet, tiny and emotional. Isn't it true? All these good guys are usually alone. Women which looking for emotional men are exceptions. I just see that, it's not in my mind. All people have problems and stuff but again, the topic is: "confidence". Hmm. Maybe I misinterpreting something here. I mean self-confidence, not trust.

I get what you mean here. In general, women should (think prehistoric times) choose the man with the most resources to help her and her children. Resources being, able to win arguments, persuade others, able to beat others in a fight, able to stay calm in stressful situations, not give up easily, figure things out, being able to provide food and other comforts.. Pregnancy and child caring are big risks for the woman, but not for the (lucky) man who brought that on her. Thus he got less to lose, and can be less picky about "resourcefulness." If she's a pain, and the kids are a pain, he can bugger off.

Though if you got two equally physically attractive women, then the most resourceful will be much more interesting from a man's standpoint.

Those mechanisms I think, are still very prevalent these days.

LiLeila said:
But c'mon, why you can't admit that you don't want to be with some complaining, crying, weak and unemployed guy? That was my point. And this is true in MOST cases. Of course you don't have to be a hero to find a girl. I thought it's obvious... However many women think this way but they can't just say that because it can hurt someone or I don't know. Women just don't say things. Guy want to know how he can show to girl his confidence and you talk to him about crying and having problems... I don't get it.

That's pretty insensitive. But I am sure you will find someone way before I will anyway so everything's fine.

LiLeila said:
And now I feel like a ***** because I said that.

Oh no, I never thought that.

TheRealCallie said:
Well, dammit woman! Get your ass over here and open some jars! :club:

Maybe when Amy is done she can come over my house. I got this peanut butter jar that I can't get open. :cool:

LiLeila said:
Gosh, people... The question was "what is the confident guy?" not "what guy must have to be with woman?". I know man is a human too and I'm not looking for a perfect one also. But c'mon, why you can't admit that you don't want to be with some complaining, crying, weak and unemployed guy? That was my point. And this is true in MOST cases. Of course you don't have to be a hero to find a girl. I thought it's obvious... However many women think this way but they can't just say that because it can hurt someone or I don't know. Women just don't say things. Guy want to know how he can show to girl his confidence and you talk to him about crying and having problems... I don't get it.

Yeah, the question was what makes a guy confident, not what must he have to be with a girl....confident guys complain too, everyone does that. Confident guys can cry. Actually, it takes a VERY confident guy to be able to cry. You also don't have to be strong to be confident. A confident guy could also be in the unfortunate situation of a company downsizing and thus making him unemployed.
But YOU are focusing all of what you say on the GIRL he might want, not just being confident, so really, it sounds like you need to take your own advice and stick with confidence, not what it takes to be with a girl....

VanillaCreme said:

I donno... in TB's defense, I thought at the least that "All women are evil", "You must play games with them" was an offensive thing to say.

Solivagant said:
VanillaCreme said:

I donno... in TB's defense, I thought at the least that "All women are evil", "You must play games with them" was an offensive thing to say.

That specific comment where he said that wasn't an ass-ish comment.

TheRealCallie said:
Yeah, the question was what makes a guy confident, not what must he have to be with a girl....confident guys complain too, everyone does that. Confident guys can cry. Actually, it takes a VERY confident guy to be able to cry. You also don't have to be strong to be confident. A confident guy could also be in the unfortunate situation of a company downsizing and thus making him unemployed.

+1

VanillaCreme said:

I think "All women are evil" is pretty ass-ish... =/ Did I misunderstand?

Solivagant said:
VanillaCreme said:

Holy... Yeah, I was reading the first half of that. Which wasn't bad. Yeah, not all are evil, of course. I know I can be a mean *****, but one doesn't represent all.

****, that's harsh to say. Evil? What the hell are you doing to them, LiLeila, that they're all evil to you?

Solivagant said:
VanillaCreme said:

No idea what's happening in this thread right now, but this is a fun fact I didn't know. Must have skipped class that day. Now that I do know, I can go hatch my plots and scheme away without any qualms. I hadn't realized not being evil was reserved for men. Sorry dudes, you're missing out.
Mwaha. ha. haha.

Hold up. Did someone say EVIL?

098.gif

But I firmly refuse to let women have all the evilness for themselves...

Latest posts

Back