Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xpendable said:
A man's talent has to be socialy validated first to be considered attractive?

Personally, I don't give a fresia what society or social media or anyone says. I'm attracted to what I'm attracted to and if a guy has a talent, well....I may or may not like it, but I don't see why I would need to be attracted to the talent.
Give an example?

TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:

Personally, I don't give a fresia what society or social media or anyone says. I'm attracted to what I'm attracted to and if a guy has a talent, well....I may or may not like it, but I don't see why I would need to be attracted to the talent.
Give an example?

What if instead of talent they have some sweet skills.

You know, like nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills. Girls only like guys who have great skills.

kamya said:
TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:

Give an example?

You know, like nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills. Girls only like guys who have great skills.

Well, I'm pretty anti-hunting, so the bow hunting skills wouldn't have any impact on me positively. HOWEVER, I wouldn't judge a guy that hunts or not go out with him because of that.
The rest are okay, depending, of course, what they use them for. lol (don't want my guy in jail, after all)

As long as their great skills include not being a pompous ass, I'm probably going to be okay with it.

kamya said:
TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:

Give an example?

Thank you Napoleon

On the flip side, wouldn't men want a girl that can cook, clean, and have skills of something as well?

I don't see what is wrong with liking a guy that can do certain things. My boyfriend fixes all my broken electronics cause he is good at it. It's attractive to see a guy doing something well, even if it's something ridiculous like playing the bagpipes or something.

Nicolelt said:
It's attractive to see a guy doing something well, even if it's something ridiculous like playing the bagpipes or something.

Ain't that the truth...

Nicolelt said:
kamya said:

Thank you Napoleon

On the flip side, wouldn't men want a girl that can cook, clean, and have skills of something as well?

I would hope that any adult human would have those skills. :O

I agree though I want a partner with sweet skills. Or as my senior gay buddy would ask me, "What do she bring to the table besides pussy?"

VanillaCreme said:
Nicolelt said:
It's attractive to see a guy doing something well, even if it's something ridiculous like playing the bagpipes or something.

Ain't that the truth...

A word of warning to you VanillaCreme. You better not ever hope to meet me in real life because I would literally sweep you off of your feet because no one can do ridiculous things as well as I can.

Wait...that didn't come out right. :)

TheRealCallie said:
Give an example?

Yes, my question wasn't clear enough. I mean in how different is when a man has a well established skill or talent but that at the same time it gives him social status. Like for example he's a really good guitarist but you only hear him play as your neighbour and not in stage. I feel like many people would only appreciate his skills when he's getting applauses and not just willingly could go to knock on his door and recognize his talent. Musicians are very popular with the opposite sex, but how successful would they be if they didn't get the applause before making an impresion on women.

Xpendable said:
TheRealCallie said:
Give an example?

Yes, my question wasn't clear enough. I mean in how different is when a man has a well established skill or talent but that at the same time it gives him social status. Like for example he's a really good guitarist but you only hear him play as your neighbour and not in stage. I feel like many people would only appreciate his skills when he's getting applauses and not just willingly could go to knock on his door and recognize his talent. Musicians are very popular with the opposite sex, but how successful would they be if they didn't get the applause before making an impresion on women.

A good musician is a good musician, whether they are on a stage or still in their garage band phase. I wouldn't care where they were playing. If I like them, I don't need groupies or a big audience to make an impression.

I wouldn't require validation from others to find a guy's talent attractive. I live in a pretty religious area, so I am sure the talents I find attractive wouldn't be approved of from a lot of people here :p And I am much more of a private show type of gal.

Nicolelt said:

I think talents and skills are like physical beauty, something that can attract you to somebody from a distance but in the end they really arent important to a lasting relationship

Personally I find somebody who is curious and inquisitive more attractive then somebody who is talented at a couple of things but isnt interested in anything else. For example if I met a girl and she was a great singer and all she did was write songs all day and listen to music it would start to get old kind of fast. I had a friend and when he started playing guitar thats all he would do when we hung out and yeah, it got old fast.

Rahvin said:
I'm not a woman, but this is an age old topic that is really only perpetuated by those who don't understand..i'm not sure what it would be, really. Social Sciences? Interpersonal Psychology? Whatever the case, i'll boil the true answer down for you.

1: Live your life, be you.
2: Talk to people (obviously this includes women).

There is no secret formula to how you should act to "git al th gurlz bruh".
If a woman is attracted to you, make a move.
If she isn't, oh well, move on (none of that "friendzone" bs).

Yeah, some people get more women than others. They didn't find this secret balance of bring nice and being a ******, though. The truth is, frankly, some guys just aren't found as attractive by as many people. Maybe its the region they're in, maybe its the cliques they're around, whatever. Some guys just straight up aren't attractice enough, either personality-wise or physically ( everybody has their limits, most people are shallow to some degree) and it's literally the exact same for women.
I've been rejected by every woman I've ever "made a move" on, how do you know when a woman is actually attracted to you?

Well, mrairdrie, there are loads of threads here devoted to your topic. But since you're asking, it might be helpful to provide us with some more details. Have you recently made a move on someone? What happened?

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Well, mrairdrie, there are loads of threads here devoted to your topic. But since you're asking, it might be helpful to provide us with some more details. Have you recently made a move on someone? What happened?

-Teresa

Yes, i try all the time.

Usually I get a response akin to "No I'm good" or they side step the response entirely, the last woman I asked out told me I look really young like a little kid no offence.

mrairdrie said:
SofiasMami said:

-Teresa

Yes, i try all the time.

Usually I get a response akin to "No I'm good" or they side step the response entirely, the last woman I asked out told me I look really young like a little kid no offence.

I always feel that if you try to get to know the women first because you're interested to know about them, it would help. I don't find it flattering when men just suddenly ask me out... feels seems suspicious to me. Not saying that this was what you did, but just saying.

Latest posts

Back