Roommates....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha that's exactly what I said, Sanal. :D

@AFrozenSoul: Don't see punching the dude as being "conflict." It isn't. It's simple DUDE interactions. When I slam one of my friends in the arm because he keeps trying to fart in my direction, it's not because I hate him or because I want to destroy him...it's just simple animal behavior control. Seriously. :p Consider it.

Oh 'dude interactions' reminded me of a comic lmao sorry for hijacking thread but this is funny

BollingDude.gif

@Badjedidude: I wish I could but my roommate takes everything personal. Literally everything.... it is quite annoying sometimes. He is allowed to make fun of me in good fun... but I poke at him and suddenly it is not cool... so punching him would probably result in a fight...

@Sanal: Yeah, I know.... which is why I am probably going to get rid of him next year.

*shrug* Then maybe a fight needs to happen. :p lol I dunno, I don't have all the answers...but I hope you work something out that won't drive you nuts. :p

AFrozenSoul said:
Do you have to tune him out sometimes?

Oh yes. He'll talk endlessly which is the problem...and it's definitely repetitive, lol. I have plenty of opportunity to practice my skills of not really listening but sounding like I am :p

I'll have to take a picture of him some time. You really have to see this guy for the whole experience to come together. Somehow it's not the same otherwise.

Brian said:
Oh yes. He'll talk endlessly which is the problem...and it's definitely repetitive, lol. I have plenty of opportunity to practice my skills of not really listening but sounding like I am :p

I'll have to take a picture of him some time. You really have to see this guy for the whole experience to come together. Somehow it's not the same otherwise.
Ha ha wow, he must be quite some guy... which would make me wonder if I should run or not.

My roomate gets pissy if I leave the sponge in the sink instead of the edge, "So yeah, I noticed you left the sponge in the sink..." Seriously dude, shut the fresia up, dont you have better things to worry about? Like how you're getting a degree in worthless and can't even pay your own bills, or maybe figuring out why you have a superiority complex? The only time he ever talks to me is if hes going to complain about something asinine in the most bitchy tone of voice like its a big ******* deal. If everything annoys you how are you happy at all? And my other roomate? He can't even look me in the eye (no joke, he looks at the ground or away). At least he doesn't seem pissed off at all times, or glare at my girlfriend when she *GOD FORBID* stays the night here. I cant stand living with an annoying NAZI and sociophobe.

End Venting.

There are some people who do. I don't. I couldn't live with other people like that. I live with my family though.

Athiest #001 said:
At least he doesn't seem pissed off at all times, or glare at my girlfriend when she *GOD FORBID* stays the night here. I cant stand living with an annoying NAZI and sociophobe.

End Venting.
My roommate is a terrible cock-block. He hates the idea of me maybe getting with a female. I know that when I have my new friend over he is going to sit right there and hang out with us. If he is not getting any then I sure as he'll am not either.

AFrozenSoul said:
It is funny he tries to butter me up by cleaning the kitchen... even though that was our original agreement.

I don't know. Having someone clean your kitchen for you might be worth a little spooning.... :p

Maybe since you were letting him watch tv on your bed, he thought he may as well pass gas on it too. I mean letting somebody come sit on your bed is already having "boundary issues" in my opinion.

One guy I used to hang out with used to let all his friends on his bed, which I was a bit repulsed by because all I could ever think about was other peoples' feet and what not.

Spare said:
AFrozenSoul said:
It is funny he tries to butter me up by cleaning the kitchen... even though that was our original agreement.

I don't know. Having someone clean your kitchen for you might be worth a little spooning.... :p

F that. That's when people start thinking that you need them to do for you. I'd rather clean myself. It will be done better if I do it anyway.

VanillaCreme said:
F that. That's when people start thinking that you need them to do for you. I'd rather clean myself. It will be done better if I do it anyway.

Exactly, plus he is always rearranging the kitchen. He just puts stuff wherever he pleases. It makes cooking take twice as long when I have to find all my utensils.

I laughed at the first post, I'm sorry I know its annoying but its still a funny read.

I used to have really obnoxious roomates. Out of everyone in the whole apartment I made the lowest wages.... guess who had to buy all of the toilet paper? paper towels? spices for cooking? condiments? cleaning supplies? Yea... I started buying really low quality stuff from the dollar store lol. I'd get a 6pk of toilet paper for a dollar and it was like sand paper but it was worth it since they never buy any... and never chip in either...

I hated trying to make a sandwich and finding chunks, whole chunks.. of tuna fish in the mayonaise jar that had been chillen in there for who knows how many days? So I would buy my own condiments and hide them inside of bags behind things... and my roomates would be so grossed out by thier own grossness that they'd keep getting into my condiments anyway...

So I bought a lunchbox with a double zipper and a lock LOL... I know thats a little extreme but I got tired of buying condiments and having them be spoiled by someones carelessness because its not thier money and they know a fresh one will show up if they wait long enough... so why should they care... they don't... lol it hurt thier feelings that I would lock up food in a box in the refridgerator and they called a 'family meeting' about it... LOL WTF...

I got put down by everyone for being so selfish and locking up stuff just for me and of course no one could understand my frustraition of being the only person who buys any and having it be spoiled with sloppyness and carelessness.

They also had to have these stupid glasses with a curve in them and make protein shakes and leave the glass sit in thier room for days before removing it so that it'd form this impossible to clean ring in the bottom... it was impossible to clean because they had to get the emo glasses with the curve... so all the glasses were disgusting and never all the way clean. I even soaked them for days.... and still couldn't get them clean... I got a scrubby brush and still... can't reach the dumb curve inside!!

So I bought big plastic easy to clean cups to drink out of because all the emo cups are nasty and uncleanable and they get offended and call another family meeting about the offense... even though they bought throw away cups for themselves because of the emo cups being too dirty for them also.. i guess I'm supposed to have thrown away more money in buying disposible cups as to not be offensive...

It seemed like I was the only one capable of taking out the trash, using a vacuum cleaner, or a broom and mop, or loading a dishwasher, so I started calling family meetings of my own because I'm the only one cleaning and buying supplies and no one could understand this and claimed that redecorating the front hall in buying dumb expensive tables and lamps for a front hall equals the cost of what I do.... ok but I don't care if anything is in the front hall at all... it could be empty and its just the same to me... but they'd always use decorating as an excuse to get out of paying for house supplies but I don't give a honeysuckle what colors the walls are or about tables and lamps... I didn't even pick any of them so why should I care? The apartment came with sufficient lighting as is.

lol my roomates sucked

That is my fear with roommates as well. They will all be a bunch of home decorators. My roommate is starting to turn into one of those. What is worse is he is trying to convince ME to buy the stuff he wants. I cannot wait until this next year is over and I am on my own again.

Do not worry about laughing. It is a funny post, if a bit frustrating

Don't move in with friends

Don't move in with a relationship partner until you've been together enough to know without a doubt that you're compatible with each other, and you've spent days in each other's company and already know each other's quirky habits and the extent of them.

Always pay for your own stuff. Never enter a communal arrangement where everyone is buying something for everyone else. With things where it's unavoidable, like toilet paper, take turns. Be responsible and keep a roll or two as an emergency supply in case they neglect their responsibilities, and don't tell them you have it so they'll learn their lesson. Otherwise buy what you use and use what you bought. Otherwise you're bound to get into arguments over it.

Simple reason is, honeysuckle changes when you live with someone. It's not like when you just see them when they want you to see them, or when they agree to let you see them.

You're going to see them everyday, and a lot of the time, most of the day. Whether they're happy, pissed off, upset, depressed, bored, anxious, frustrated... You're gonna be around for all of it, and you're going to have a hard time avoiding each other. And that's when you start to learn that everyone in the world, no matter how cool they seemed to you usually, can become pretty **** annoying with only a few days of actually living with them...

My roommate chants and meditates for a good hour or two every day, and then he does more chanting in the shower for nearly an hour... Guy's got all these little chimes that he dings to "synchronize his cells with the vibrations of the sound". Sits there looking out the windows contemplating "What could that tree be thinking about?". Leaves glasses of water full of gem stones all around the house to absorb the negative energies. Likes to sit there telling me about the frequency of love, and how people need to learn to tune their molecular and cellular rhythm to that frequency. Babbling about quantum physics he doesn't understand, and biology I learned in highschool as if it was some deep scientific stuff.

As far as I'm concerned, he's a total nut job, believes a load of bullshit, quite frankly insults me with his attempts to explain it scientifically, and he can be annoying as hell.

But he pays his rent, so I'm fine with that... I have my own space, with a lock on the door, that he NEVER enters. I have a good set of ear phones so I don't have to listen to him, and I have everything I need in my room except for food and water... For the most part, he keeps to his own room as well. It works because we have no previous acquaintance with each other so there were absolutely no hard feelings when I put a lock on my door and sat in there all day listening to music. Otherwise, I just have to smile, be civil, and keep my thoughts to myself on the rare occasion that we speak to each other.

@Mysis: My mom told me that being a roommate with someone will make or break your relationship with them. I get a double dose of my roommate because not only do I live with him. But I also got him a job in my office. So I do not even get that golden period where I can go to work for 9 hours a day and not see him. So he always around going full blast with me. Work is less stressful now that I have my own office, however, just knowing that he is there makes it hard.

He pays his rent, he is not as bad as my other friend who was a desuetude musician who I practically had to threaten with eviction to get him to pay his rent. However, this guy is still pretty bad. Again what makes him worse is if I were to move out and get my own place. He would move back in with his parents. I mean come on, I made as much as him when I first got a job and I lived on my own. It just makes him that much harder to respect.

After this roommate experience, if I can afford to live on my own I am living on my own. Nothing worse than having an attention desperate roommate. I wonder how he will react when I tell him to make himself scarce when I have my online friend over at the new apartment?

I'd lock up my stuff. What difference would it have made... They shouldn't touch it anyway, regardless of being locked up or not. It's not their stuff. If they touched it, they shouldn't have, and I think that's perfect reason to lock things away. Don't start nothing, won't be nothing.

Latest posts

Back