Snap of the day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Runciter said:
What camera are you using? Your white balance is way off, you should look for the option in your menu and set it to auto in an attempt to avoid the overall blue tint. I've got a lot of experience in photography and if you ever want any tips or advice, just let me know.

It's not a particularly advanced camera, it's just my phone. I do have a Cybershot but I can never be bothered to charge it, I'd probably get better quality pictures. In regards to the color balance; I'm color blind anyway so what would seem right to me wouldn't be for most others.

You'd think that, but different colour balance setting will even change the look of black and white images. I shoot a lot of black and white images but shoot them in colour so that I can change the levels of each colour in the conversion process. Increasing the value of the reds, for example, will lead to lighter/smoother skin tones. You should see if there is a white balance setting on your phone and try out some different settings, you might be surprised at the results!

Runciter said:
You'd think that, but different colour balance setting will even change the look of black and white images. I shoot a lot of black and white images but shoot them in colour so that I can change the levels of each colour in the conversion process. Increasing the value of the reds, for example, will lead to lighter/smoother skin tones. You should see if there is a white balance setting on your phone and try out some different settings, you might be surprised at the results!

Believe it or not I've only just noticed Incandescent is selected rather than Auto, I don't even remember selecting that. But anyway my color recognition isn't that great, so I don't tend to play around with the colors.

9006 said:
Believe it or not I've only just noticed Incandescent is selected rather than Auto, I don't even remember selecting that. But anyway my color recognition isn't that great, so I don't tend to play around with the colors.

Thats the beauty though, even if you're fully colour blind you will notice significant differences. It might be an interesting experiment and it might give you a new insight into colours. If you want the easy life though, stick it on auto. They'll look more natural to us and will probably appear to have better contrast for you.

Either way keep it up and keep posting!

Nice one, Mike. I bet you have other pictures stored and keeping us in suspense.
emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

That car lol is cute. I don't care if it's hideous or not but it made me laugh. Haha..

Edit: Then again, this is called "snap" not "snaps" of the day lol. Okay, carry on. :p

Really nice, Mike. I wonder what is at the end of that road. Do you think it's a house made of gingerbread?

MissGuided said:
Really nice, Mike. I wonder what is at the end of that road. Do you think it's a house made of gingerbread?

I think I'd prefer a house made of coca-cola.

MissGuided said:

I can imagine all the ants crawling up and eating up the walls of that house. Or bears and wolves surrounding it to have a meal.

Nice pics, Mike.

Oh, those are dreamy. I just want to jump off of that pier and cool off in the ocean. Where were these taken?

MissGuided said:
Oh, those are dreamy. I just want to jump off of that pier and cool off in the ocean. Where were these taken?

You wouldn't, there were jelly fish chillin' at the other end. The were took in Wales again, I think.

I like that picture, there is something about the sun and sunsets that make you feel not so alone, that there are others doing the same, wherever they may be, would add another sunset, but I cany work this out? how do I get a URL sounds like a disease!!

Latest posts

Back