Taking the initiative in things

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew88

Reaction score
How you initiating conversations or continue a conversation with a girl? How about whens the right time to ask to meet?

Step 1: Say "Hi, How are you?"
Step 2: Ask her about her day, her interests, show an interest in her as a person. Talk about things you both have in common.
Step 3: The right time to ask her to meet depends on the situation. If you met her online, maybe after 1 - 2 weeks of conversation, some people would only be comfortable doing so after a much longer period of time. If you meet her in real life, you can ask her to meet again for a movie, lunch, whatever else, within the same week of meeting her.

Good luck. :cool:

Barbaloot said:
Step 1: Say "Hi, How are you?"
Step 2: Ask her about her day, her interests, show an interest in her as a person. Talk about things you both have in common.
Step 3: The right time to ask her to meet depends on the situation. If you met her online, maybe after 1 - 2 weeks of conversation, some people would only be comfortable doing so after a much longer period of time. If you meet her in real life, you can ask her to meet again for a movie, lunch, whatever else, within the same week of meeting her.

Good luck. :cool:

easier said, then done. especially if you can not keep the conversation up.

I talk to them and I ask a question and they reply like in 1-3 words, I ask again same thing over and over again. WTF???

Maybe you shouldn't ask people the same thing over and over again, but instead move the conversation along to another topic?

Barbaloot said:
Maybe you shouldn't ask people the same thing over and over again, but instead move the conversation along to another topic?

like what?

Sports? no hate sports
Politics? No do not care for that
mind=blank

*PS I do try different subjects, but all I get are 1-3 words answers

If she's not picking up and contributing to the conversation after a few subjects, it probably means she isn't interested in you or that she just doesn't want to have a conversation right then and there.

yeah, I know. Who would want to hold a conversation with me.

They key to conversation is finding something interesting about the other person, because if you do, then you'll ask genuine questions and will be genuinely listening.

Latest posts

Back