Valentines

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me it's a very depressing day, as all of my friends have love in their lives. I think I will disappear this day and lock myself inside.

The strongest couples I know could not give two hoots about Valentines Day. They don't one day to show that person how they feel, they do it all year long.

One year I was working and a colleague received a bouquet of flowers, massive, never seen anything like it before like something you wood see in a stately home. Anyway she was mortified, all the other woman where gushing and saying how wonderful her husband was, no one understood why she was upset. Turns out later he was doing some pretty awful things to her behind closed doors.

Ill be dating a liter of whiskey with coke and a pack of camel turkish golds.
Typical weekend for me, really.

It doesn't usually bother me, but this year I have the overwhelming urge to throw all the candy and flowers and stupid big stuffed bears on the floor when I pass them in the grocery store.

I'll be drinking myself into a belligerent stupor Saturday as I did on New Year's Eve.

I don't think it's such a big deal over here. Well, I don't watch TV and when I'm commuting I'm mostly reading so I guess I miss about 90% of all the ads and what not. Or maybe I just learned to ignore that particular holiday.
The internet is actually the place where I come in contact with Valentine's day the most.

Went to the shops earlier and entered a card shop to buy a couple of birthday cards. It was over run with people choosing Valentines Cards and novelty gifts. I was suprised at how I felt. It was a relief not fretting over choosing the right card, but I enjoyed watching the different people choosing theirs. Maybe if I was with the right man I wouldn't fret that it was right? Across the way from the card shop was a jewellers. I could some men looking at rings, it felt warm and fuzzy. I thought I might feel a touch a bitter, but no just happy for these couples.

She-ra said:
Went to the shops earlier and entered a card shop to buy a couple of birthday cards. It was over run with people choosing Valentines Cards and novelty gifts. I was suprised at how I felt. It was a relief not fretting over choosing the right card, but I enjoyed watching the different people choosing theirs. Maybe if I was with the right man I wouldn't fret that it was right? Across the way from the card shop was a jewellers. I could some men looking at rings, it felt warm and fuzzy. I thought I might feel a touch a bitter, but no just happy for these couples.

I believe that when the bitterness has passed, it signifies that you're ready to move on. Long ago, I used to feel slightly bitter, but nowadays, I just feel happy for anyone that manages to find the 'right' person and then works at it enough to make it last.

It's been a tough day this year. Normally I can just shrug it off, but after having forged a friendship with a girl I had really strong feelings for last year, only to now be cut without any indication of what I've done, it's really hurt. Combine that with the fact that this is my first valentine's day I'm observing after moving out of home, well.......

I can't dwell anymore in writing. The general message I've gotten from the threads I'm currently following here is that nobody has the time or patience than to suffer my bullshit. Nut the fresia up, or shut the fresia up.

Hehe.. -hugs nick- :p man u arent here on the forum to see the obsession i have on u.. :p thankz for making my day even from miles apart.. :* :p :D hehe!

I'm trying to be strong for my mom...I guess valentines isn't too big of a deal now since it would have been my grandpas 83rd birthday tomorrow.. Wish I had started the song sooner....

macman said:
i have a gf who lives in the house with me but i still feel lonely today.

I feel for you guys. I really do. It's one thing for people like me who've never really had any sustainable form of romance to whine about how lonely we are despite having never really tried.

It's another thing completely to have trudged through all the bullshit only to find they're just as lonely in a relationship as they were when they were single.

Makes you wonder if it's really all worth it...

You can have the rest of my chocolate. I've discovered there is in fact a point at which a woman can not want chocolate.

Thank goodness I've got kale in the fridge. I won't be eating sugar for a week.

Tealeaf said:
You can have the rest of my chocolate. I've discovered there is in fact a point at which a woman can not want chocolate.

Thank goodness I've got kale in the fridge. I won't be eating sugar for a week.

You've ODed on sugar I see. :s

I'll go get the narcan. brb.

Latest posts

Back