what do girls do when they're single?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IgnoredOne said:
Callie said:
I'd like to know who all these women that are going out and getting sex easily are having sex WITH? Other women, maybe? Since guys aren't getting it......

just saying.

Ah, that disparity is easily explained, at least hypothetically.

There are some numbers out there, which I don't have handy, but basically indicate that it seems that a minority of men have more sex than most others and thus accounts for this disparity. It may be that that segment of men are just luckier, more aggressive, less ethical or otherwise more capable of having sexual encounters.

This kind of selection is seen in many mammalian groups, including chimpanzees, the closest human relative. That is why you hear argument why its more natural, perhaps, or why men should be "more alpha" to in order to be more successfully sexually. This /is/ observed in humans at least by genetic drift: Genghis Khan had 16 million descendants, for example, far more than any other man in history, ancedotally powerful men have generally had more women overall(Spanish seraglios, polygamous systems, or even mistresses in Europe in history), and proverbially by Henry Kissenger's "{ower is the ultimate aphrodisiac."

Perhaps, but females are essentially the same way. Why is it that girls are called sluts and whores, yet guys aren't. (well, generally they are deemed that more than men)
Girls are deemed promiscuous and whatever when they have sex with random guys, but it's "acceptable" for guys.

But, moreover, it's more the "good looking, sexy" girls that are able to get laid easily. Whereas the rest of the female population have the same troubles as men do.

Any woman could log onto a casual sex site/one for affairs and be offered sex within minutes (if you put the right stuff: just want no strings/no commitment/discreet/not bothered about looks or age etc/willing to sleep with married guys). If you don't believe me, go try it.

This has been a very interesting read, to say the least. Typically you could say single girls do the same thing single men do, maybe on a different level. ;)

IgnoredOne said:
Callie said:
I'd like to know who all these women that are going out and getting sex easily are having sex WITH? Other women, maybe? Since guys aren't getting it......

just saying.

Ah, that disparity is easily explained, at least hypothetically.

There are some numbers out there, which I don't have handy, but basically indicate that it seems that a minority of men have more sex than most others and thus accounts for this disparity.

Translation: Man-whores.

Callie said:
Perhaps, but females are essentially the same way. Why is it that girls are called sluts and whores, yet guys aren't. (well, generally they are deemed that more than men)
Girls are deemed promiscuous and whatever when they have sex with random guys, but it's "acceptable" for guys.

But, moreover, it's more the "good looking, sexy" girls that are able to get laid easily. Whereas the rest of the female population have the same troubles as men do.

^^^ See above. Men can be whores and sluts too. Equal rights and all that.

Yeah, they CAN, but it's more "acceptable" for men to be. It's almost like it's EXPECTED of them, whereas with women, it's BAAAAAAAD.

LucieMay said:
Any woman could log onto a casual sex site/one for affairs and be offered sex within minutes (if you put the right stuff: just want no strings/no commitment/discreet/not bothered about looks or age etc/willing to sleep with married guys). If you don't believe me, go try it.

This is true. You don't even HAVE to represent yourself as slutty, even.

I was on SinglesNet some time back and before I'd even had my real profile up - I mean, I was in the process of writing out my stupid profile with catchy and memorable honeysuckle - and in the meantime the site had the basic info up: Gender, Age and Location, I got hit with several "flirts" and "winks" and a few "Hey Baby" emails.

All you need is a vagina on those sites to get hit on.

And that's a more-or-less reputable site. You ought to try Adult Friend Finder for the really sleazy honeysuckle.

Callie said:
Yeah, they CAN, but it's more "acceptable" for men to be. It's almost like it's EXPECTED of them, whereas with women, it's BAAAAAAAD.

Yep. It's a bullshit double standard, but I am doing by best to eradicate it by calling every Man-Whore I know a Man-Whore.

Limlim said:
holy honeysuckle. That's the first actual reply to the OPs question in this thread isn't it?

lol

Callie said:

Because capability to obtain sex is a marker of status and respect in men, both which are of central importance to men. Biologically, it is usually the male that pursues sex as well and the successful ones breed and thus continues the emphasis.

The biological explanation for male promiscuity has always been that since men have almost no investment in future offspring, their optimal strategy to maximize the number of offspring is simply to impregnate as many women as possible as quickly as possible. For women, in order to pass on their genes, they have to invest a substantial amount of time, energy and health - therefore, it is in their favor to selectively choose the optimal mate rather than breed as quickly as possible.

Such evolutionary strategies may have eventually translated into emotional motivators, with women being more "choosier" with their mates and men looking to maximize their numbers, such as it is.

IgnoredOne said:
The biological explanation for male promiscuity has always been that since men have almost no investment in future offspring, their optimal strategy to maximize the number of offspring is simply to impregnate as many women as possible as quickly as possible. For women, in order to pass on their genes, they have to invest a substantial amount of time, energy and health - therefore, it is in their favor to selectively choose the optimal mate rather than breed as quickly as possible.

Citations, please, on your biological explanation for male promiscuity. Don't talk science without something to back it up. Sources, please. I'm curious. "Common knowledge" or anecdotes do not equal data.

And you've never been or met a hormonal 30s-ish woman. I'm not being facetious when I say I love it when people (usually men) think they have women's sexuality all figured out, all neat and tidy. It's very amusing. :)

Teresa

SofiasMami said:
And you've never been or met a hormonal 30s-ish woman. I'm not being facetious when I say I love it when people (usually men) think they have women's sexuality all figured out, all neat and tidy. It's very amusing. :)

LMAO!

Reggie Jected said:
Hey Tangerine, have you tried "Her Way"

Ok, I just Googled it and it's not for me. It looks interesting though. Besides, I have sworn off internet dating and after last night's date, I believe I have sworn off dating as a whole.

The thing is, I have no problem whatsoever with men making the first move with me, though it's not a requirement. I have asked men out before.

I just would prefer that someone make the first move based on common interests and a similar worldview rather than just based on motives like: "OMG her tits are HUUUGE!" or "She's kind of MILFy," or better yet, "I'd tap that ass."

Physical attraction is important, but I know from hard experience that that does not always last and if there is nothing more substantial underneath it, then that relationship is pretty much doomed to fail.

SofiasMami said:
Citations, please, on your biological explanation for male promiscuity. Don't talk science without something to back it up. Sources, please. I'm curious. "Common knowledge" or anecdotes do not equal data.

What I said is summation of many, many, many versions of the "parental investment" theory.

http://www.evolutionary-philosophy.net/sexual_behavior.html

Plenty of citations within:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_psychology#Mating

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_selection_in_human_evolution
The first I heard of it, though, was in an old college biology textbook. Alas, I don't have it handy, though. But in short, the theory of female selective choosiness/male competition is one of the lichpins of evolutionary psychology. It goes all the way back to Darwin's arguments of sexual selection, though not nearly refined.

The sexual struggle is of two kinds; in the one it is between individuals of the same sex, generally the males, in order to drive away or kill their rivals, the females remaining passive; whilst in the other, the struggle is likewise between the individuals of the same sex, in order to excite or charm those of the opposite sex, generally the females, which no longer remain passive, but select the more agreeable partners.. - Darwin, C. (1871) The Descent of Man and Selection in Relation to Sex

SofiasMami said:

I have. Been with a girl of that age too, loved her a great deal but unfortunately was not what I was looking for(I suppose a more horrible way to describe it is: I left her for a younger girl).

But yes, very few theories accommodate /everything/, but that should be obvious. Plus nature versus nuture, etc. But no, its not "my theory" anymore than evolution is "my theory." I argue with a degree of confidence because I feel like I can quote easily from authority ;)

Well both gender's desire sex, it is natural for humans to want it, but It is the men who usually do the chasing and that is a fact. Women are usually passive when it comes to this, there is a much smaller chance that you would get approached by a woman if you are a man.
In these new times though it is also a fact that women are starting to approach men more often than in the past.

I also think, generally speaking, women are alot more selective than men when it comes to a partner... They can be because they are the gender who get the majority of the active attention by the opposite sex.

I'd actually like it if men started being called whores for having many partners. Or at least removed the expectation that we should if we're single. Especially in the military you get looked at funny if you aren't out picking up every weekend. You wouldn't believe how many times I've lied about it just so people would shut up.

Though I suppose as a forward thinking society it would be better to rather remove the whorish stigma on both genders for having multiple partners and as well as remove the stigma of *not* having them for males.

ShybutHi said:
I also think, generally speaking, women are alot more selective than men when it comes to a partner... They can be because they are the gender who get the majority of the active attention by the opposite sex.

The selectivity comes about as a means to try to separate which guys just want sex and which want something more meaningful.

Granted, there are outliers on both sides: women who are out just for a series of flings, and men who hit on women looking for a future wife, but generally speaking, we women have some weeding to do to find what we want (if what we want is a relationship beyond a few nights), just as men have to toss a lot of balls at the basket to get one in.

And yes, I mixed my metaphors. lol
:p

This is true. You don't even HAVE to represent yourself as slutty, even.

I was on SinglesNet some time back and before I'd even had my real profile up - I mean, I was in the process of writing out my stupid profile with catchy and memorable honeysuckle - and in the meantime the site had the basic info up: Gender, Age and Location, I got hit with several "flirts" and "winks" and a few "Hey Baby" emails.

All you need is a vagina on those sites to get hit on.

And that's a more-or-less reputable site. You ought to try Adult Friend Finder for the really sleazy honeysuckle.

[/quote]

Yep. I was feeling pissed off with men and set up a profile on a casual sex site (specifically for casual sex/swingers/affairs etc) and put on that I wanted no strings, not bothered with who (dressed up in nicer words) and would go for attached men (I was basically looking to prove to myself that all men are shits, I do weird stuff like when I'm in post-ex melt down)... and before I'd even put a picture up, I got a ton of messages and winks, with mobile numbers and offers to meet up very soon for sex. I deleted the profile soon after but it proved what I knew: if, as a woman, all you want is sex and you're not bothered with who, it's easy to find.

Latest posts

Back