What does it mean if someone asks you if you are Autisitic ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamondintherough

Reaction score
I was asked if i was autistic in a class I don't really like so stay quiet there. I answered calmly 'no' and then they said are you sure not in any way and i was like yeah. What does this mean? Is there something wrong with me?

Probably not. They probably didn't mean fully autistic, just on the autism spectrum. Are you smart? Excelled in the class? Quiet and don't really reach out to people?
Those are some of the qualities of Asperger's. It most likely wasn't an insult to you, they probably just know someone who has a disorder on the spectrum and saw some of those qualities in you.

Veilside05 said:
Too quiet and look weird will be my best bet!

LOOK weird? :club:

I think that was rude for the person to ask.
When you told them "No." they should have just left it there.
Seems like they were trying to press your buttons in some sort of way
to get some reaction. Seems like a wise guy or wise girl to me..
What's the motive behind the question?....
And what was the motive asking " are you sure?"

Pfft...people are so mean.

Who asked? Another Student? It would be quite unusual for a Teacher to ask that sort of thing. Bit of a private question if you ask me. You should say "No, I'm Up Dock." Then they'll say "What's Up Dock?" Then you laugh and say "Nice Bugs Bunny" lol.

Gutted said:
Who asked? Another Student? It would be quite unusual for a Teacher to ask that sort of thing. Bit of a private question if you ask me. You should say "No, I'm Up Dock." Then they'll say "What's Up Dock?" Then you laugh and say "Nice Bugs Bunny" lol.

Yes another student

Callie said:
Probably not. They probably didn't mean fully autistic, just on the autism spectrum. Are you smart? Excelled in the class? Quiet and don't really reach out to people?
Those are some of the qualities of Asperger's. It most likely wasn't an insult to you, they probably just know someone who has a disorder on the spectrum and saw some of those qualities in you.

Veilside05 said:
Too quiet and look weird will be my best bet!

LOOK weird? :club:

Yes I do have all these qualities

diamondintherough said:
I was asked if i was autistic in a class I don't really like so stay quiet there. I answered calmly 'no' and then they said are you sure not in any way and i was like yeah. What does this mean? Is there something wrong with me?

I like how people casually ask us questions like, "wuz yr diagnosis? cuz i is psychology person"
as if there's nothing loaded about this inquiry.

Of course, if someone dropped change on the floor and you yelled out "$3.98!" and you were correct, then, well, I can see why they might be curious....

I did ask someone once if they were autistic, I had known this guy at work for more than one year, from time to time he would contact me on chat, or a couple times I contacted him for practical stuff, and he managed in one year to never say anything remotely personal, or express a feeling ("I hate when they serve me cold coffee"), we even went on a date once and it was like a job interview, so the third time he asked me out I inquired if he was maybe autistic. Instead no, he was just a major player.
So, well, for me the "autistic" thing was this great detachment all the time, and never getting involved at a personal level. Most likely this does not apply to you.

I have this guy I am friends with at school. I just felt like something was off with him. His behavior seemed off. So it was a toss up in my head between aspergers and adhd.

One day he mentions he needs to go to the office of students with disabilities. So then I casually ask what he has and he says "Oh I have a little adhd."

He has to go there to take tests in a private room. Also, he signs really really fast to me. My head spins watching his signs. He's constantly interrupting me too and trying to help me with my homework (which is nice), but then I can't focus on the homework due to his hyper energy. Its very distracting for me though I sense that him helping me helps him to focus.

So, I knew something was off but I couldn't put my finger on it until he told me.

Latest posts

Back