What is a loser?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This threads really shows how ineffective some words really are... Everyone has his own definitioin.

Felix said:
This threads really shows how ineffective some words really are... Everyone has his own definitioin.

Well as usual people get more hung up on technicalities rather than the actual problem. Who cares what the definition is, I'm pretty sure you know what they're getting at!

Locke said:
In my opinion, a loser is someone who stops trying to win.

For example, I used to complain about my problems without doing anything to fix them. I couldn't accept my lot in life, but I wasn't willing to do anything to change either. That, more than anything else, made me a loser.

I still complain.....a lot, but now I'm trying to make things better.

Yep, this. In my opinion, too, a loser is someone who calls himself one, and just doesn't do anything about it. By that definition, there are people on here who could be called losers. Don't be that guy. Start winning, people.

This thread, for some weird reason, is a real eye-opener for me. I haven't ever judged myself or someone else as a loser, even when I was at my lowest and I had failed at everything, I hadn't.

I knew that I didn't deserve my failures and that I deserved a lot better than what I got. Funnily, I feel like I have given that chapter of my life a closure (thanks to your thread, I wouldn't have realized this otherwise).

So while I always feel like I'm nor at par with my peers, I don't think I'm a loser myself. If anything, the fact that I keep fighting with a delusional sense of optimism makes me a winner, I guess.

And because I haven't classified and/or judged someone as a loser, I don't think I have a definition for you. Sorry. :)

What is it you really want to win?

If you want to be like everyone else, congratulations. You're a human being, so you are automatically different and unique.

In my opinion, the only loser is someone who is good at something, but doesn't try his best to succeed.

An unattractive man.... psych...

no there's no real definition... other than someone prone to losing.

rdor said:
An unattractive man.... psych...

no there's no real definition... other than someone prone to losing.

Plenty of unattractive successful people.

Would you say that Bill Gates is a loser?

ladyforsaken said:
Sometimes I truly feel like a loser. Like right about ******* now.

You're not though, you are one of the nicest people I have ever talked to. I hope you feel better soon.

Locke said:
ladyforsaken said:
Sometimes I truly feel like a loser. Like right about ******* now.

You're not though, you are one of the nicest people I have ever talked to. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks Locke.

But only in the beginning.. only in the beginning.

Life isn't a game, there's no use in thinking of it in terms of winning or losing.

The closest thing I can think of to a true loser is a person who only lives their life for themselves with no concern for other people. So plenty of billionaires out there would be losers.

Being a loser means just that.

You feel like you lost something.

Wheather it be material, spiritual, concrete, abstract, identity, etc.

For me, for the first 18 years of my life, it was family. My parents arguing in front of us. Don't want to go into more detail. But it was very traumatizing as a child.

I was a loser, because I lost peace. Family peace.

It's a subjective label meant to imply failure to various degrees as a personal trait rather than as an outcome, of which the application of the term reflects the values of the labeler. No more and no less.

If you define loser as a yearning to go back in time and change some of things you've said or done, then I got news for ya. We. The entire human population are HUGE losers! If you were a loser, you wouldn't be here asking for help. A loser would be content in the knowledge of being one and not taking any action to help correct it.

So, what is a loser?

I would say it is someone who does things to spite others for their own benefit. Like people who go out and try to mug people for their stuff. Or people who go out and look for trouble because their ego is in trouble.

Do you abide to a general definition or do you have your own perspective?

No. Where I live, you can be deemed a loser for not going out clubbing every weekend. Or for not owning ridiculously price clothes. People who define the term loser where I come from are more likely to be losers themselves, lol.

Do you think the idea of 'being a loser' is silly or do you prefer a different word?

Well it is silly really. I don't like to put people down. Even if they deserve it. That doesn't mean I don't do it. but I try not to. I try!

Do you feel like your definition of the word? Why, if so?

No. I try to do right in life. Even if I don't achieve it, at least I try. It's more then what many do.

Latest posts

Back