What is a loser?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A loser is someone who loses at most things and everything he achieves is hard work. Nothing is easy and nothing goes there way !
And yes I am a loser.

ForGrantedWife said:
Oh you aren't either, cut it out!

sorry but it's true, getting a job was very hard for me. I spent years unemployed/ I couldn't impress people at interviews. I am lucky I got this job, I knew the manager. Everybody at work thinks I am a loser. A likeable loser who won't harm anybody and tells jokes but won't ever meet anybody because he isn't good enough. I would say everybody who knows me thinks that. I may be wrong.

Confidence, man, that's what you're lacking. Nothing more. If you were ever to just feel good about yourself, and feel confident you'd be in such a better position with everyone. Confidence and happiness, it radiates out from some people and makes other people love and admire them. I knew a guy in town who wasn't attractive or wealthy AT ALL. He was so charming, so happy all the time, always singing and bull-crapping with everyone. Everyone LOVED him. He had a wife and a pack of kids. He was brilliantly happy and people gravitated right to him. When he got sick, people just showed up to help with household chores and brought food. He died surrounded by family and friends.

Triple Bogey said:
A loser is someone who loses at most things and everything he achieves is hard work. Nothing is easy and nothing goes there way !
And yes I am a loser.

What defines a "loser" is actually subjective.
Losing at most things? No. You're WINNING.

How? Simple.

When you win, you learn nothing. If you win all the time, what do you learn? Absolutely nothing. You continue to believe you're hot stuff when you might actually be the big fish in the small pond.
I've played a lot of competitive video games in my time and I have one piece of advice EVERY TIME someone asks me about it - Losing is important. FAR more important than winning.

Losing allows you room for growth, it allows you room for improvement.
Winning allows you none of that. It gives you a temporary feeling you have achieved something and does nothing for you in the long run.

Realistically, all the "winners" are the ones who are actually missing out.

By the way, if you achieve without hard work; can it really be considered an achievement? ;)

ForGrantedWife said:
Confidence, man, that's what you're lacking. Nothing more. If you were ever to just feel good about yourself, and feel confident you'd be in such a better position with everyone. Confidence and happiness, it radiates out from some people and makes other people love and admire them. I knew a guy in town who wasn't attractive or wealthy AT ALL. He was so charming, so happy all the time, always singing and bull-crapping with everyone. Everyone LOVED him. He had a wife and a pack of kids. He was brilliantly happy and people gravitated right to him. When he got sick, people just showed up to help with household chores and brought food. He died surrounded by family and friends.

I am confident at things I know I am good at.

I'm definitely a loser throughout these years, and i can't even admit the fact that im really a loser, so i tend to enjoy the fantasy most of my daily time, i don't know what should I do now, sometimes i think suicide maybe a good way to get over this situation, some many problems i can not deal with, so many feelings i wanna express but i don't know how, it's so depressed.

I sometimes think I am too hard on myself. I call myself a loser yet I have things going for me. I work, I have money, hobbies, interests, I can talk to people I meet.
I served this guy yesterday. It was 10 am and he was buying 2 bottles of red wine. He stunk of honeysuckle, looked like he hadn't had a bath for months, only muttered a thanks. I know him vaguely, he must only be in his 50's yet he looks 75. I know he's a drunk. In theory he is a loser, just pissing his life away like that.

Defeat , as in the opposite of victory.

Beside the fast simplistic answer there also is the redefinition/rebranding of words meanings (long ago a fag was a bundle of wood , then it was slang for a smoke , and now it's just bad) . Loser has undergone the same.
I typically see it associated with social click mentality in that anyone that doesn't conform to the clicks mantra is a loser.

The well dress seeing anyone in old or tattered clothes "look at those losers"
The rich's view towards the poor
The lunks at the gym towards anyone with a brain
Sadly we all fall victim to this a few times in our life intentionally or not. When I was in the military and after I became one of the zombies , we viewed the ones without the stomach for it as jellyfish and the others as only half useless.

Eventually the educated will fall back on winners and losers, the others , well they have that bliss thing going for them

Ignis said:
Triple Bogey said:
And yes I am a loser.

What defines a "loser" is actually subjective.
Losing at most things? No. You're WINNING.

How? Simple.

When you win, you learn nothing. If you win all the time, what do you learn? Absolutely nothing. You continue to believe you're hot stuff when you might actually be the big fish in the small pond.
I've played a lot of competitive video games in my time and I have one piece of advice EVERY TIME someone asks me about it - Losing is important. FAR more important than winning.

Losing allows you room for growth, it allows you room for improvement.
Winning allows you none of that. It gives you a temporary feeling you have achieved something and does nothing for you in the long run.

Realistically, all the "winners" are the ones who are actually missing out.

By the way, if you achieve without hard work; can it really be considered an achievement? ;)

Hear, hear! That's a really wonderful perspective! :D For us who 'lose' mostly anyway!

Latest posts

Back